Wishlist Option In world?

KimiD Darrow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering around jnworld today and found so many things I wanted to buy but couldn’t at the moment. I would love it if someone made it possible to add in world items to a wishlist so you don’t forget it. It would help both buyers AND sellers.

is there some where else I should put this idea so maybe Linden Labs would see it? Is it something any coder could script?

You could create a Landmarks (Places) Folder named “Wishlist” or “Shopping List” and Then “Landmark/Bookmark this place” saving it to the folder, renaming it to the name of the item you want from that particular location. 

OR, check if the item is on the marketplace and add it to your marketplace wishlist. 

• Like 2

When I see a fun item I right-click, select edit, open the profile of the creator, and then do a screen print of it all. That way I have a reminder of how the item looked, and the creator's profile often indicates a store name. The right-click is also handy because it shows the Land Impact, an important factor for the many of us whose property regularly bumps our LI ceiling 🙂 The screen print can easily be renamed after the item you like, then the screen prints kept in a folder on my desktop. Using screen prints is a big help for me, because I can open them all at once and scroll through them, and it reminds me of products that I might miss if a land owner / store moves either the object or their property. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 12:22 PM, Maitimo said:

If its clothing or hair or something else with a demo, I will keep the demo in a subfolder as a reminder.

Demos are a great system for filing items that you want to buy later. I think I've made multiple buying decision based on my saved demos.

3 things I've been thinking about that will never happen.

1. A "relinquish" permission. Yes, yes. We have transfer. But that doesn't always work. I've accidentally purchased duplicate items and would love to be able to give them to someone. Or I bought something of one avatar and would like to hand it over to an alt. The idea here is that this permission burns every copy of an item you might have in your inventory (for any reason) and turns it over to another avatar. This is different from Transfer, which is too often just about handing something around. I think that SL could have both; Transfer for the normal stuff, and Relinquish for those rare occasions where you need to be able to give an item and have every copy go with it.

2. Different click actions for linksets. Specifically, what I'd like is to be able to build furniture from multiple objects (or mod furniture that already is) and have different parts able to be interacted with in different ways. You can kind of already do this, but it's ugly. Say I have a loft bed (a bunk bed, but the bottom part is a desk or something instead of a bed. I'd like to be able to sit on the bed, click to open and close the drawers, maybe have a computer or something that is scripted and can be easily interacted with, and a bedframe that doesn't do anything (because it's a bedframe). Again, you can do this kind of already, but it's messy, and the "Click to" drop down sets that actions for the entire object. It's be nice if you could set it per object in a linkset.

3. The ability to make child objects in a linkset phantom. Similar to the last one, when you set something like this, it's an all or nothing setting for the entire linkset. How I would like to be able to make a hot tub or something where you can't stand on the water. Maybe this is something you can do already, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

8 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

3. The ability to make child objects in a linkset phantom. Similar to the last one, when you set something like this, it's an all or nothing setting for the entire linkset. How I would like to be able to make a hot tub or something where you can't stand on the water. Maybe this is something you can do already, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

we do this by selecting the linked object: Edit linked then Features tab: Physics Shape Type: None

so with a two prim bath for example.  The root prim is the bath, the linked prim is the water

link the two, select the whole linkset, Features tab: Physics Shape Type: Convex hull

select the linked water object: Edit linked: Features tab: Physics Shape Type: None

the result is the bath (root prim) is solid (has a physics shape) and the water has no physics (non-solid)

8 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

2. Different click actions for linksets

a few months ago now Linden added CLICK_ACTION_DISABLED for linksets

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetClickAction

so now we can disable click actions on some parts of our linkset builds, and enable others. Like our bedframe/cupboard/walls/etc may be disabled (no click action is enacted on a disabled prim), and the drawers/doors/windows/etc are enabled and the script(s) respond to click actions on only the enabled prims in the linkset

Edited by Mollymews
more
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.