Here’s How to FIX Firestorm’s UGLY and make it look more like the beautiful default Second Life Viewer.

davidventer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Ansariel Hiller said:

The default viewer skin with the large empty areas in like every window?

Ah oof. Now i have to agree with Ansariel too...

I'm beginning to think i've accidentally found parallel universe travelling in my experiments, this can't be the universe i started off in.

• Haha 3

Just now, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Ah, so that's why some viewers are harder to grasp than others, we're expected to have a third eye and two thumbs on each hand.

I'm now wondering if there's extra text only visible in the  Ultra-violet or infra-red ends of the spectrum?

And now you truly understand the meaning of "Open your eye" in Doctor Strange.

1 minute ago, Jessica Lyon said:

oneofus.jpg

I can't be one of you. You aren't furries.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ansariel Hiller said:

The default viewer skin with the large empty areas in like every window? I

You must be referring to Firestorm. Or you haven’t used the Default Second Life viewer in a very long time. Go look at All those screenshots and markups of the Firestorm Viewer in the Firestorm Jira link shared above, Firestorm is the one with all the large empty areas in every window. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or I don’t know; log in on the default viewer, edit your shape or open chat… Then log into Firestorm and do the same. Now tell me which one has “Large empty areas” in those windows. Tip: It’s the latter, unless you’re using a different version of Firestorm than the one you release to the public. 

Edited by davidventer
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

David_hippof.png.7c6120ccea83acba6007a188b92a9cd1.png

More like, Firestorm Devs vs David. Thanks for your openness in considering user feedback…. /s

And apparently I’m the one being toxic. Okay then. 

Anyway, I’ve made my point, and I’ve shared my fix for others who dislike Firestorm’s nauseatingly hideous UI in the OP so I’ll leave you Windows-95-like UI lovers, bright green on medium gray text lovers, and lovers of messy UI windows to carry on degrading me for helping others who share my view. 

Thanks for all the hate, bet you feel really good about yourselves. Well done team.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, davidventer said:

Thanks for all the hate, bet you feel really good about yourselves. Well done team.

go up 4 lines in your post... 

13 minutes ago, davidventer said:

Anyway, I’ve made my point, and I’ve shared my fix for others who dislike Firestorm’s nauseatingly hideous UI in the OP so I’ll leave you Windows-95-like UI lovers, bright green on medium gray text lovers, and lovers of messy UI windows to carry on degrading me for helping others who share my view. 

Pretty sure you spouted hate in your OP and every single post thereafter. We get it, you dont like the Firestorm Log in screen. You dont need all the negative adjectives in every post about it. You come off very angry and hate filled over a screen you see for 10 seconds..   

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.