How likely are you to recommend Second Life to a friend or family member

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not much makes me raise an eyebrow but when SL was mentioned on the TV gameshow "Would I Lie to You" i did a double take . 

The celebrity (i dont know who any of them are nowadays) claimed the mystery guest was his cyber husband because he played as a woman .

Lee Mack as funny and direct as usual said something like - how are those of us who have a life going to work out if thats a lie or not .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol. I absolutely wouldn't!!! I wouldn't want to interact with them, because I am no candidate for sainthood on the sexual level!!! Even if it were a "friend" who I was involved with, I could see issues, because there are too many ways to hurt each other unintentionally.  But if I left permanently, or they could never know who I was, I would recommend SL definitely!!!.  There are opportunities to experiment with things we wouldn't or couldn't do in RL And we can make some very good friends.

Edited by Bagnu

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Lol. I absolutely wouldn't!!! I wouldn't want to interact with them, because I am no candidate for sainthood on the sexual level!!! Even if it were a "friend" who I was involved with, I could see issues, because there are too many ways to hurt each other unintentionally.  But if I left permanently, or they could never know who I was, I would recommend SL definitely!!!.  There are opportunities to experiment with things we wouldn't or couldn't do in RL And we can make some very good friends.

So here’s an idea, tell them, hey look what I just found I think we should all try it, and make a new account with them keeping your Bagnu account a secret.

Knowing a lot about it you’ll look really smart and if they like it all the better.

6 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

So here’s an idea, tell them, hey look what I just found I think we should all try it, and make a new account with them keeping your Bagnu account a secret.

Knowing a lot about it you’ll look really smart and if they like it all the better.

That involves purposely deceiving my friends. I won't do that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So nobody on SL was considered a true friend back in your earlier days?

Good to know.

That's very correct. True friendships take time and effort to develop. The same applies to enemies.

Edited by Bagnu

9 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

The same applies to enemies.

Nah .. All it takes, is for a person to ride a bike on the pavement .. Or mix up 'loose' and 'lose' .. Or wear sandals with socks .. Or not know the difference between industrial metal and-- Retches .. Death metal .. Or listen to pop music .. Or having a positive attitude before 11 in the morning .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2021 at 10:38 AM, Arielle Popstar said:
On 11/26/2021 at 10:22 AM, Luna Bliss said:

That makes sense to me, and could well be an important factor for many.

Lack of moderation inworld here too, forums not so much.

Well, actually I'm discovering that AVChat is more moderated than SL, so people liking VRChat more because of less moderation isn't valid.

https://hello.vrchat.com/community-guidelines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.