Christmas event like Halloween?

AnitiriRonan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am really having fun seeing all the different neighborhoods and houses for the Halloween hunt! I am really more of a Christmas person so am going full out (as much as I can) for Christmas/Holiday decorations on my house. Is there going to be something like a candy cane hunt or something for the next holiday? If not, going to put a note out on my house for my neighbors to make a 'Candy Cane Lane'  hopefully.

• Like 4

Seeing all the spooky Halloween decorations has inspired me to wander around and look for winter decorations this year.  I don't need another "how many clicks can I do" contest, but if it was going on and I was wandering around, I would click on a winter item as well.  

With Halloween most people that played along with the theme decorated their front door/front yard area and just a few decorated inside.  Since I didn't bother looking at Christmas decorations much last year I wonder if more people decorate inside as well.  I am a bit concerned about whether I am allowed to go inside peoples houses to enjoy their decorating.  Beyond leaving the front door wide open and not having a 15 second warning timer to "get out", I always question checking out the inside.  I wish there was a community accepted sign that residents could place on their mailbox saying others are welcome inside.  That way as I am wandering and pass a sign I'll know that is a house I can enter.  Other people can get a sign for their home for free by clicking any one else's sign or it can be an option in the mailbox itself (since it isn't actually within the parcel boundaries)

Little lights on the mailbox:

Green - Anyone can enter and look around

Yellow - Orb security, Group access or limited in some way (like "my ban list is longer than the Nile River" )

Red - Get off my Lawn!  No Shenanigans!

• Like 6

LL don't typically celebrate Christmas like they do on the scale of Halloween. They might not like the religious holiday. They've been celebrating Halloween since October 1 on their social media, but you'll be lucky to see the actual word Christmas come December. You might see "Winter holidays". I personally LOVE christmas, and hope to see something fun! Maybe the Lindens could just give us some new christmas lights and snow or something this year.

• Like 1

The 2020 Candlelight Processional

The 2020 Candlelight Processional

Held at the America Gardens Theater at WEDcot, the Candlelight Processional is a mainstay of the holiday season, combining an orchestra, massed choir and live narration in the retelling of the traditional Christmas story in a spectacular and heartwarming performance!

The last of the 2020 Show Schedule:

Dec 18 - 5pm SLT
Dec 22 - Noon SLT
Dec 23 - 2pm SLT
Dec 24 - 6pm SLT

------

They certainly do celebrate Christmas and in a big way. This Candlelight Processional was gorgeous last year and they do it each year. :) 

• Like 10

I fixed up this sign for Bellisserian's to use as their Christmas Open House sign, compliments of the Bellisseria Parade of Homes for all to use without being on our listing.  I'll send these signs out mid November in the Bellisseria Citizens Group and Bellisseria Events group. Hope this helps make it easier and more enjoyable for our residents Christmas exploring in Bellisseria this winter. Only 1 LI.

622450265_XmasOpenHouseSign.thumb.png.44acf9fb41eed1a6e78c0e61e91c7a1f.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'd love to hunt some snowflakes maybe?, for xmas bears! (I think that is the thread here, right?! lol)

Dramas aside is being super fun! Visited lots of cool places and met also lots of cool ppl!

Love the idea! 💗

Edited by Bela Tolsen
corrections on my damn poor english lol
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

After all the current drama? I hope not. 🤣

I disagree. I think some type of community Christmas event is a great idea.... and hopefully the Lindens/moles will have all the kinks ironed out and rules (and prizes if any) will be stated in a way where there is no confusion.

If things are stated clearly then I dont anticipate much drama.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I disagree. I think some type of community Christmas event is a great idea.... and hopefully the Lindens/moles will have all the kinks ironed out and rules (and prizes if any) will be stated in a way where there is no confusion.

If things are stated clearly then I dont anticipate much drama.

If so, I certainly hope that people will behave more like adults and less like children fighting over... candy. The drama I've seen in the other thread (about pixel bears, no less) makes me sorry I bothered to put out a candy basket for the hunters.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, yestothis said:

LL don't typically celebrate Christmas like they do on the scale of Halloween. They might not like the religious holiday. They've been celebrating Halloween since October 1 on their social media, but you'll be lucky to see the actual word Christmas come December. You might see "Winter holidays". I personally LOVE christmas, and hope to see something fun! Maybe the Lindens could just give us some new christmas lights and snow or something this year.

Lol wut?  If you love Christmas, you are a kindred soul with Patch. 

Last year Patch posted 6 Christmas pictures on his flickr stream, ending up with this one called The Christmas Story.

The Christmas Story

And LL does, after all, host the Christmas Expo, which is an IMMENSE RFL/Christmas extravaganza.  And yes, they did supply christmas lights and snow for Linden Homes.  At the expo, they have a whole region of Linden-decorated homes that we can all vote on.  Patch's own Christmas decorations feature LOTS OF LIGHTS, IIRC.  Campwich Lodge was decorated beautifully for Christmas last year, and looking at the SSP regions, I suspect that more than one community center may be decorated this year. 

As for Christmas in Belli ... well, surely the Parade of Homes will have a list of decorated places.  Maybe we could organize a caroling group tour!  And personally, I LOVE the list of trick-or-treat homes thread here in the forums, I have to go visit them tomorrow just to see where friends live :) 

Could we use SL voice to actually carol?  That would be hilarious, if not tuneful, judging by the couple of Zoom choir rehearsals I've dropped in on in the past year.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Excellent to hear about the Parade of Homes! Since I live in a one bedroom apartment not much room in real to decorate so have to go all out inworld. Might have to get a Traditional or Victorian for Christmas if I have the money for a second account. Can hardly wait!

• Like 6

Coughs.. just a reminder not everyone is a christian and interested in seeing trees with bulbs and papa smurf dressed folks, Belliseria isn't a "Christians only" land so keep that stuff a lil bit under control. Tyvm.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:
Coughs.. just a reminder not everyone is a christian and interested in seeing trees with bulbs and papa smurf dressed folks, Belliseria isn't a "Christians only" land so keep that stuff a lil bit under control. Tyvm.

Just a reminder that those who do not celebrate christmas do not need to partake in any of the festivities. Asking others not to do something because you don't like it is horrible.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Just a reminder that those who do not celebrate christmas do not need to partake in any of the festivities. Asking others not to do something because you don't like it is horrible.

No problem at all as long as you keep that stuff "IN your parcel" and Bellisseria public isn't "flooded" with them. Please another friendly reminder don't forget to check "Restrict gesture and object sounds to THIS parcel". Tyvm.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Is "papa smurf" a reference to Santa Claus?  Regardless, neither of those has any ties to Christianity.  I'd argue that most holiday traditions are a hodgepodge from a variety of cultures, religions, and folklore.  While some do spend Christmas actually celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, most have merely adapted the name as a general reference to the winter holiday season. 

We also tend to forget that for many, the "winter holiday season" actually occurs in summer.  

I doubt very much that anyone is going to knock on the door of your Bellisseria home, wanting to sing carols.  If you find Christmas decorations offensive, just do what most of us do for the tasteless choices that many of our neighbors make year round - derender, look away, or simply ignore.  And as is always the case, if you find Bellisserian life not your cup of tea, there are plenty of other options.

For the record, I'm generally an antisocial introvert who rarely participates in any of the Bellisseria activities, but just as in real life, I respect the rights of others to do so.        

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

For the record, I'm generally an antisocial introvert who rarely participates in any of the Bellisseria activities, but just as in real life, I respect the rights of others to do so.   

They are free to celebrate Christmas or Ramadan or the birth of Bruce Lee in the parcels they "own" and keep the sounds also to their parcels. That is their right. Tyvm.

4 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

They are free to stick to the rules for Bellisseria as set by the company who owns SL.  No one as far as I can see is suggesting otherwise under this topic.  Just a friendly reminder that the rules for Bellisseria and events held on it, are set by Linden Lab.

Nice can someone post the rules for Bellisseria in regards to Christmas, Ramadan and Hanukkah please.? Tyvm.

5 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Nice can someone post the rules for Bellisseria in regards to Christmas, Ramadan and Hanukkah please.? Tyvm.

They are clearly pinned at the top of the Linden Homes forum

There have been some questions and discussions about decorating Linden Homes in Bellisseria for holidays and seasons. Bellisseria is very much a community and part of being a community is celebrating holidays. So yes, Residents are definitely allowed or even encouraged to decorate their homes for holidays they personally enjoy or observe.

In response to the recent queries regarding seasonal decorations and content, we would like to announce the following guidelines being introduced as of today:

• Seasonal and holiday decorations are permitted as long as they are not intrusive to your neighbors and staying in general continuity of the area, as per the covenant.
  • Natural seasonal elements are permitted if they are applied subtly, such as a light dusting of snow or a scatter of leaves.
  • Decoration should not be placed out any earlier than 30 days in advance of any holiday or season represented and must be removed within 15 days of the holiday or season passing.
  • As always please take your neighbors into consideration when decorating for the season. 
  • Outdoor holiday decorations are "in theme" with Linden Homes if they are congruent with the holiday season (no Christmas decorations in May or Halloween decor in April)
  • Remember to keep all seasonal and holiday decorations within the borders of your parcel and ensure that no content extends over the parcel lines.

We will also be updating the covenant to include the following:

• Seasonal and holiday decorations are permitted as long as they are tastefully applied. 
  • Natural seasonal elements are permitted if they are applied subtly, such as a light dusting of snow or a scatter of leaves. 
  • Outdoor holiday decorations should be congruent with the holiday season (no Christmas decorations in May or Halloween decor in April for example). 
  • Remember to keep all seasonal and holiday decorations within the borders of your parcel and ensure that no content extends over the parcel lines.
  • Decoration should not be placed out any earlier than 30 days in advance of any holiday or season represented and must be removed within 15 days of the holiday or season passing.

and also there is the covenant which you will find in the land tab of your Bellisseria home.

• Like 3

Ahh yes this is what i talk about...

5 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

What is winter like in Bellisseria? It all depends on what you make of it and the holidays.  I'm typically very modest with my own decorations, a wreath over the fireplace, a tree in the house, maybe some lights over the eaves if I have the prims.  I do love seeing what others do though.  Last year I grabbed a log cabin, winterized it out for a few days to film a little video. It was all gone in 5 days time but it was fun creating some moments for others to enjoy.  I myself, love winter regions built for winter, but I'm not overly fond of too much winter in regions that are more summery.  I'd not complain though against my neighbors enjoying the holiday to their own liking. Derender is useful if the scene next door is bothering to one's view. I do know the kid in this video had a great time last year!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Elyeah said:

and no one here suggested..etc

and neither did i say anywhere they shouldn't celebrate.

53 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

No problem at all as long as you keep that stuff "IN your parcel" and Bellisseria public isn't "flooded" with them. Please another friendly reminder don't forget to check "Restrict gesture and object sounds to THIS parcel". Tyvm.

.. consider it a "reminder" of Bellisseria's Rules so that we can all avoid unnecessary actions. Tyvm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.