Using BelliPin/BelliFind to locate Trick or Treat Candy Buckets

diamond Marchant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This post concerns using BelliPins and the BelliFind HUD for locating Candy Buckets in "The Great Trick or Treat Event, Bellisseria!" I have checked and this is allowed :)

For full details about this event, see  Patch's Post

Get your Candy Bucket and Trick or Treat HUD here: Millbank Region and other places listed in Patch's Post.

Get a free BelliFind/BelliPin Package on Marketplace:  BelliFind/BelliPin Package on Marketplace

The event starts on Monday October 18, 2021 and ends on November 1.

*********** Linden Home Owners ***********

To make it easy for others to find your Candy Bucket, do this NOW.

1. Rez your Candy Bucket and rez a BelliPin Place object next to it.

2. Edit the BelliPin and set the Description to "Trick or Treat Candy Bucket"

3. Touch the BelliPin to make it invisible.

Go here BelliBin Headquarters in Kiva  to see an actual setup (with a visible BelliPin).

***********  Everyone **********

To find Trick or Treat Candy Buckets, beginning October 18

1. ADD your Trick or Treat HUD and your BelliFind HUD. They will appear in the upper left and right screen corners.

2. Enter a region in Bellisseria.

3. Look in chat for messages such as "Place location at Memison (194,55,22) Trick or Treat Candy Bucket ". The found Candy Bucket is at that SLURL. WARNING - The parcel may have a security orb so it you teleport, you may wish to land outside the parcel.

Also look for pinkish dots on your HUD which indicate all Place Pins. For those walking or in vehicles, the yellow triangle shows your current position and direction.

4. Touch the Candy Bucket to register it on the Trick or Treat HUD.

To find just Pins (and no BelliBin waste bins), click the gear icon on the BelliFind HUD and click "Find Pins".

Have Fun!!!

Candy Bucket at Kiva.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The intent of the BelliFind HUD is to give people a map with information about what is in a region. It was originally intended to find waste bins in the BelliBin game but has been extended to include BelliPins that can be rezzed by residents for any reason. As you know, the world map and minimap do not allow resident-defined information overlays. Also, Bellisseria does not allow skysigns, so we are at a disadvantage compared to mainland. BelliFind is an attempt to address these issues inworld (rather than using the web). BelliFind  finds things like Candy Buckets when you are actually in a region. It is intended to facilitate inworld vehicle or foot travel. It is not a tool for teleporting between regions.

I expect Candy Buckets to be sparsely distributed over thousands of regions. You can quickly fly over regions (with a low draw distance) and immediately determine which regions have Candy Buckets. Then you  trick or treat in that region using the HUD as you would use a navigation system in a car. One could also Area Search but that requires a large draw distance and has no visual clues unless you manually set beacons.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I believe this event was meant to be a hunt. The idea of putting markers that tell a hud where to go seems to violate the spirit of the hunt.  I personally am not in favor of that.

Also, to those who "hide" your bucket.. this also seems to violate the spirit, especially since so few of the homeowners in any given region put them out to start with. It is quite a bit of a hunt to just to find homes with the buckets in a region. I personally wont spend the time or energy doing a search within a parcel.  If the bucket is in plain sight, great... feels rewarding to find it and use it.  Otherwise... forget it.

There may be people who want the special bears enough to go through all that extra effort, but I am not one of them.

• Like 5

Well, at least in my case, it's not like I'm hiding the pumpkin at a random elevation in the 2000 - 5000 meter range.  I just don't have it right out in front next to the parcel boundary/road.  If you want a piece of candy from me, you're going to have to explore my place.  Even if I put it at 15 m high, that's only 7680 m3 (for a camper), as opposed to 3,089,408 m3 for a houseboat with maximum water depth.  It shouldn't take long, and deters folks from spending just a fraction of a second on my parcel before running to the next -- that's not in the spirit of going trick or treating, either.  Heck, we're not even 24 hours into this thing, and already my pumpkin says it's given out four pieces of candy.  I'm just trying to make my place fun and engaging.  I've even got a freebie item that will still be available after Halloween is over.

Now, what I'd REALLY like are Linden pumpkins that actually give out a piece of candy!  But I'll settle for a spicy burrito from one of my food carts.  😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think I might be completely opposite to everyone else in that I found looking for one bucket in one place for half an hour more fun than looking for the rest which I've given up doing now at 27 total I can't catch up with the massive totals others are coming up with - I have only given out 11 candies too and mine is in plain sight from the road! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I believe this event was meant to be a hunt. The idea of putting markers that tell a hud where to go seems to violate the spirit of the hunt.  I personally am not in favor of that.

This is what I have observed.

1.This is not a hunt. Patch named it "It’s The Great Trick or Treat Event, Bellisseria!" 

2. There are no rules given about what is allowed and not allowed.

3. Based on counts reported in group chat, there are less than 100 people looking for Candy Buckets. There are approximately 200 Candy Buckets deployed. (consider these ballpark estimates).

4. There are no prizes "of value". Everybody gets one or more Linden Bears. Cool if you are collector.

4. In the absence of rules, people are doing what they enjoy doing in Second Life.

- Many are chatting and telling where their Candy Bucket is. There is a master list maintained that is advertised. People LIKE chatting and making lists.

- Because Bellisseria is likely over 2000 regions (anyone know?),  few consider it fun to just wander around looking.

- Yours truly suggested the BelliBin model that makes a "hunt" more efficient by using a HUD. Some have used it.

In summary, I think this "event/not a hunt" is really about giving less that 100 people a good time chatting about something AND letting residents enjoy other people seeing their Halloween builds. If you decorate, you LIKE it when people come over and tell you how cool it is.

As to people hiding their Candy Bucket, that is just EVIL!!!!

Edited by diamond Marchant
typo
  • Like 2

Trick or treat is at the door. IRL, do you go into peoples homes for candy?? Let’s not complicate things. Standing 5M from the bucket is fairly close and can get tricky if you get too creative! Also, this is a game. People want to collect lots of candies to get a bear, not explore your parcel.  

I have been using the Hud in this thread instead of the list that's floating about simply because it's more fun riding in a vehicle or flying over the stilts than teleporting from place to place. Along the way I've also found houses with buckets that do not have a pin so it's all good. It's a great way to re-explore Belli.

Edited by Madonna666
Doh
  • Like 6

Where does one get the list because I'm in the Log Homes and have not seen anyone else decorated in my sim area. There are a few in the Victorian sector which makes it even more fun, (I might have to use one of my other accounts to get a house there). A list would be helpful because this is like searching the entire US for a house or two in each state.

• Like 3

In my completely unscientific methods, I would hazard a guess that maybe 10% of my total candy bucket clicks were from using the pin tracker.   I have noticed some correlation between people who put out BelliBins being more likely to put out candy buckets though.  I've snagged a few cute formerly known as gacha items out of picking up the trash.

Also unscientific, but it seems like the fantasy home areas have more participation than other areas (because people who like fantasy environments are more likely to embrace Halloween?).  Houseboats seem to have the least (kind of hard to get spooky with a houseboat, I guess).  There seem to be low numbers in the campers too, but I attribute that to people not having 4 LI left to decorate. 

• Like 2

I have to take back what I said earlier about using BelliPin/BelliFind to find pumpkins. Bellisseria is BIG and some regions dont have any pumpkins at all. The most I have found on a single region was five .... so it is HARD to find them. Using a tool to assist in the search makes sense.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fixed typo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I have to take back what I said earlier about using BelliPin/BelliFind to find pumpkins. Bellisseria is BIG and some regions dont have any pumpkins at all. The most I have found on a single region was five .... so it is HARD to find them. Using a tool to assist in the search makes sense.

I decide to give it a try, but I am using both the BelliPin HUD and Firestorm's Area Search. I may or may not grab a copy of the list.  Since it is unlikely that I'll make it in to the top 100, I'm not sure how much total time I'll put into it.

• Like 3

You can get the megalist here:   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Alban Heights/196/195/33   if you get tired of roaming through empty regions. 

Some of the regions in the Fantasy area have not even been released yet, so don't waste your time looking in those.

I have 191 so far and have no reason to participate, as I'm just a lowly Alt that has no place to even display my Bear.  I also have not worked my way thru even 1/4 of the megalist yet, which is around 500 locations now.

I'll let my main avatar know where the hidden ones are though - at least he has a shelf for a bear...

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

You can get the megalist here:   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Alban Heights/196/195/33   if you get tired of roaming through empty regions. 

I went to that location and it has a bucket but can't see where there's something with the list.

Alternately, I'm also looking for a possible list of the different theme region names (ie sim name). I've found some of the Victorians and I'm in the middle of a very sizable chunk of the Log Homes with a small slice of trailers yet to be released nearby. Having a list of the names of the different theme areas is very helpful.

6 minutes ago, AnitiriRonan said:

I went to that location and it has a bucket but can't see where there's something with the list.

Click the large Slenderman that is on the porch and he'll give you the list along with a few gifts.

6 minutes ago, AnitiriRonan said:

Alternately, I'm also looking for a possible list of the different theme region names (ie sim name). I've found some of the Victorians and I'm in the middle of a very sizable chunk of the Log Homes with a small slice of trailers yet to be released nearby. Having a list of the names of the different theme areas is very helpful.

The different THEME types are:  Traditional Houses, Houseboats, Campers & Trailers, Victorian Homes, Log Homes, Stilts, Chalets and Fantasy.

As for actual region/sim names -- well there are already over 2000 regions in Bellisseria.   Below is all of the current Bellisseria regions -- more still coming.

image.thumb.png.613a30e380f791f89a5a3ec156ee0891.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.