I have a question.

Mariru256

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

56 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Or maybe a euphemism was used to convey the same astonishment you are obviously sensating.

I must confess to @Drake1 Nightfire :  he is right about you being sounding pompous. Can this beligerent tone of yours towards us be tempered somewhat ? :|

I can see where you're both going but - just a tip - rather than "pompous" I think "supercilious" is the pejorative you're grasping for 😀

As for everything else, I really said all I wanted to say on this topic in my first post, the rest was just a bit of a derail for which I apologise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If I might humbly proffer a little well-intentioned advice . . .

I don't think the Big Words are the problem. Me, I use de Big Words alot here. "Big Words Scylla" is what they call me here. (Which is a whole lot better than what they used to say was "Big" about me at the pool hall I used ta hang out at, let me tell ya lol!)

But I think the real key to acceptance here is BEING SHOUTY.

No, seriously. See that "cap locks" key? Use it! Trust me, THEY LOVE IT WHEN YOU ARE SHOUTY!

Just ask anyone. @Rowan AmoreWE LIKE SHOUTY, DON'T WE? Tell him!

Welcome to the forums, Synesthetique. You'll do just fine here. 🙂

Thank you Scylla, 

The truth is I adopt the Humpty Dumpty school of vocabulary use.

When in doubt I lob a "Big Word" over the parapet. It doesn't really matter if it means what I think it means, just as long as it distracts from my idiotic argument!

Thank you again for the undeservedly nice welcome, I promise to be (slightly) less" belligerent" in future 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SynesthetiQ said:

I can see where you're both going but - just a tip - rather than "pompous" I think "supercilious" is the pejorative you're grasping for 😀

As for everything else, I really said all I wanted to say on this topic in my first post, the rest was just a bit of a derail for which I apologise.

Look at you with your 2 bit thesaurus words.. 

I read this whole thread with astonishment. It seems that people are horrified by the idea of a 13-year-old-appearing avatar with developed secondary sex characteristics. What is wrong with you people?

In Real Life, the majority of 13 year olds have developed secondary sex characteristics. The majority of 13 year old girls in RL have pubic hair, have developed breasts, and are having menstrual periods.

So 13-year-old avatars cannot be realistic depictions of RL 13 year olds?

3 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I read this whole thread with astonishment. It seems that people are horrified by the idea of a 13-year-old-appearing avatar with developed secondary sex characteristics. What is wrong with you people?

In Real Life, the majority of 13 year olds have developed secondary sex characteristics. The majority of 13 year old girls in RL have pubic hair, have developed breasts, and are having menstrual periods.

Hi Jennifer,

I'm the one who really escalated the level of "outrage" on this thread, so thought I should respond to your apparent "astonishment".

In answer to your straw man position "So 13 year-old avatars cannot be realistic depictions of RL 13 year olds?", I would reiterate my view that it takes a certain level of disingenuous sophistry to feign "astonishment" as to why a child avatar (of any anthropomorphic species) - designed with "overly developed" sexual characteristics as a requirement -  would be seen as highly problematic and require further explanation.

In truth my problem isn't actually with the OP at all. She may or may not have valid non "creepy" (to steal the forum vernacular) personal reasons for requiring such an avatar. My problem is with a community which minimises (and in your case pretends not to see at all) the very valid concerns and potential risks associated with the creation and subsequent use of such an avatar in SL.

Edited by SynesthetiQ
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Because the thought of sexual organs and children in SL should never mix. There is ZERO need for a child avatar to be anatomically correct. NONE. ZIP. ZILCH. NADA. It is illegal to sexualize children in any way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have been watching this topic with some curiosity because originally there were some links to pictures of what the OP was asking about. I thought the purposed avatar was rather cute looking so was surprised how the conversation was going. Today, after seeing the word "slimefur", I decided to Google search it to get a better idea of what it was all about. On the goggle search, I clicked the "Images of Slimefur" and ended up seeing what I believe was the same picture of the avatar design that was in question.  I clicked that image and from there clicked the "visit site" that the image was from. I do not recommend doing that! It leads to an adult site and I would have never realized such depictions would be associated such activities. So if the OP was to make this as an adult avatar that would be one thing. However creating it as a 13 year old, then yeah, I disagree with that and to me that would  cross the line of decency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess my thoughts are if the word "slimefur" and such images are already associated with adult activities, then it should be clearly made as adult avatars if the OP does have the premissions from the creator of the art for use of the copyrighted art to be created as an avatar. Otherwise, it's use as a child avatar would most likely be sooner or later used in such adult activities. It's SL afterall.  And that then is the problem as I see it, it's potiential abusive usage if created as a 13 year old.

Edited by Indy Melody
corrected spelling errors
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Indy Melody said:

I guess my thoughts are if the word "slimefur" and such images are already associated with adult activities, then it should be clearly made as adult avatars if the OP does have the premissions from the creator of the art for use of the copyrighted art to be created as an avatar. Otherwise, it's use as a child avatar would most likely be sooner or later used in such adult activities. It's SL afterall.  And that then is the problem as I see it, it's potiential abusive usage if created as a 13 year old.

Slimefur does Artwork however yes the nature of the site he is at but does not always mean its 100% unsafe.......

4 hours ago, Indy Melody said:

I think I will stick to using this one for my alt: Titans - The Nuubie - Ivory

Not anatomically correct and “developed” and neither male or female. Add a cute child a/o and some wings and works great for me. 

I am going to buy this now  it's too cute.

20 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

This isn't real life. We don't put genitalia on child avies for the same reason we don't have baby dolls for sale in stores with "twigs and baskets", even though we have those things at birth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.