Where to find tiny spaces/rooms available to rent?

DjWhiteBoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Haven't had land in literally ages. Nearly 10 years.   And right now I can't really afford or justify even getting land as I don't really do much on SL anyways.  But I was curious though if you can find tiny skyboxes/empty spaces or apartments/rooms that are pretty cheap per week in SL?   Where would one even go to look for that? Which forum here would that be more appropriate for? And where would one look in game?  Everything I see are just decent size parcels/homesteads or whatever they are called. 

Basically I just want something to stand AFK in, and try out dance animations, change clothes, unpack things, and listen to music. 

4 hours ago, DjWhiteBoi said:

Haven't had land in literally ages. Nearly 10 years.   And right now I can't really afford or justify even getting land as I don't really do much on SL anyways.  But I was curious though if you can find tiny skyboxes/empty spaces or apartments/rooms that are pretty cheap per week in SL?   Where would one even go to look for that? Which forum here would that be more appropriate for? And where would one look in game?  Everything I see are just decent size parcels/homesteads or whatever they are called. 

Basically I just want something to stand AFK in, and try out dance animations, change clothes, unpack things, and listen to music. 

You could try contacting @Prokofy Neva.  He has smaller spaces available for rent.

• Like 1

There are free community houses at Tiddy Beach (also many other names but the SIM is Bermuda Triangle LOL).  Most are big houses but the little ones are still available.   In return you get 200 land impact to use, the beachfront in front of you place and a "job" in the community -- which can be as simple as joining the bowling team.   

This house is currently empty. 

image.thumb.png.f39769b0ed9e9b57c2d77bce4e98acaf.png

And is here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bermuda Triangle/34/203/28

Info billboard in the center of the sim near the stage and bowling alley etc.  

• Thanks 1

Welcome back to Second Life!

Why bother with a rental, when all you seem to need is a place with building rights available to the general public?  That's available not just from traditional sandboxes, but also various groups that have set up their lands for the use of new players (and due to such a long absence from SL, you should consider yourself new to it), or for folks to rez their vehicles, such as Get The Freight Out (GTFO).

Look on the World Map for "sky icons" or whatever they're called (and see, even those of us who've been in SL for 15 years straight don't know everything lol), you know, those little (or sometimes huge) platforms folks put up in the sky to make a billboard of sorts show up on the World Map, that say "NCI" (New Citizens Initiative, or something like that) of GTFO, click the map, and teleport.  Or search for those names in the search function and join their groups to find out where their land is.  Or search for welcome areas.  Or sandboxes.

You could also just wander down a random road on the Mainland until you reach a Linden Rez Zone.

True, you can't control the music that plays on these lands, but you could always turn SL sound OFF and open a web browser window to stream Spotify or whatever.

If your heart's set on renting, and all you want is a small room, consider the

Home > Forums > People > Forum > Make Friends

section, and look for folks wanting a roommate -- or create your own thread, asking if anyone needs a roomie.

Lots of luck to you, and welcome back!  🙂

On 9/15/2021 at 1:05 AM, DjWhiteBoi said:

This won't help you listen to music but it will only cost you 10L as a one off payment. Join the SL Public Land Preserve group. You'll get the ability to rez prims on lots of lovely quiet bits of mainland. Go below for a notecard with info, it will also contain some information about cheap rentals from Ravenglass. You can just find the group in search.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Carlisle/121/81/23

If you don't mind briefly using Cool VL Viewer, it has a feature that lets you easily search for parcels by price and area. I've noticed that most parcels I've looked at under 128 sqm have rent boxes on them, at extremely low weekly prices.

single unit 16m2 parcels are often absurdly overpriced adverts though. . .

Edited by Quistess Alpha

Hi DJ, 

You may check this link also, we have very reasonable affordable decent size skyboxes, with high quality animations and more than enough prims for you to use as per your info

CasperPanel - Available Rentals

xoxo ~ millenakera ~

Edited by millenakera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.