Grey Ears with a LeLutka EVO X head, 7 Deadly S[k]ins skin

Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I picked up the September group gift from 7 Deadly S[k]ins (a fatpack of skins for LeLutka EVO X, called POWER), and I notice that when I wear the skins on my Lilly head (upgraded to EVO X), the ears are still grey!

Is there a special setting in the HUD to turn on the texture for the ears? In the Glam Affair skin I had picked up for this head in the UBER 7th Anniversary Hunt, there was a separate texture for the ears, but there's none in the 7DS package. 

I'm stuck! Thanks for any help! 

LeLutka Evo X.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Okay, thank you! There is no ear texture included in the POWER group gift, so I assume 7DS forgot it. I will send them a notecard in-world.

I heard the CSR saying in group chat that they sell ear textures for L$ 50 when asked about the missing ear texture...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Yeah, well that's just straight-up stupid. 

Or can also try one of the included textures that came with the head.  Or one from the Glam affair skin.  Might be close enough that it could work without paying the ransom for the 7DS one.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Yeah, well that's just straight-up stupid. 

If you think about it though, They more than likely use a lot of the same tones for all their skins.. Rather than add a zillion items to everyones inventory with each skin purchase, why not just have a pack that covers them all.. Kind of like many do with body skins..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you think about it though, They more than likely use a lot of the same tones for all their skins.. Rather than add a zillion items to everyones inventory with each skin purchase, why not just have a pack that covers them all.. Kind of like many do with body skins..

The stupid part is that they sell you something, then force you to buy something else because the initial item won't work as advertised without it.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 12:29 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I believe they said it was a group gift.

The skin itself was a group gift, the ear layer isn't. Though they did reduce the price (from a horrific L$250) down to L$50. I agree with Jenna, it's still a sneaky practise (rather like Lucybody, giving away a free mesh body then charging nearly L$200 to convert it to BOM).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

The skin itself was a group gift, the ear layer isn't. Though they did reduce the price (from a horrific L$250) down to L$50. I agree with Jenna, it's still a sneaky practise (rather like Lucybody, giving away a free mesh body then charging nearly L$200 to convert it to BOM).

Myself, I think for the price we pay for skins nowadays in a lot of stores, we should be getting everything and then some.. Bodies and all.. We're still getting double dipped with body skins, now that we can wear just one skin and be fully covered..

Look at how many creators just stayed with that instead of switching back.

I'm not arguing for it, I'm just saying they may be treating them the same as they do the body skins.. one set and you are set, until they do a redesign or new line of skins  with different textures and tones.

I'd be curious as to if there really is a reason they did it other than to get an extra 250 or 50 Ls..

They do seem to be sort of elf themed, so maybe that had something to do with it.. I don't know, I'm just guessing ..hehehe

I really wonder why Lelutka even did that with the ears in the first place? I sometime like to add a shade or two onto my skins, but can't do that now , because my toners don't cover the ears.. hehehe

If anyone knows could you let me know.. I'm just curious is all.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I really wonder why Lelutka even did that with the ears in the first place? I sometime like to add a shade or two onto my skins, but can't do that now , because my toners don't cover the ears.. hehehe

If anyone knows could you let me know.. I'm just curious is all.. hehehe

It's so that the ears can be "high definition"  - a full 1024 pixel texture instead of the tiny section that's in the normal template.

3 hours ago, Maitimo said:

It's so that the ears can be "high definition"  - a full 1024 pixel texture instead of the tiny section that's in the normal template.

3 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Oh goody, more lag.

If a person is using BoM on their avatar then an extra 1024 texture isn't going to cause lag as it gets baked into one texture with the skin and any additional clothing layers. Another reason why BoM is so much better than appliers.

Debi's elf ears are a significant part of her appearance. I honestly think her ARC is less with the added lelo ears than when she used third party creator's ears. Plus I don't have to buy ears with earrings attached but can pick and choose which earrings to use with my ears. I'm super happy with her ears. And btw, I simply use the included skin texture provided with the lelo head so didn't have to buy any additional skin for the "grey" ears. It was a very simple matter to tint the tattoo slightly to match my skin perfectly.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.