Bulk Redelivery, now available!

Keira Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Good morning!  I just wanted to make you all aware that earlier this week we rolled out a new feature to Marketplace: Bulk Redelivery!  Enabling this will allow Merchants to send out updates on a product to anyone who has purchased or received it with the click of 1 button.  To see the status of your bulk redeliveries, you can click the Bulk Redelivery History link under Orders on your Merchant home page.

As with any new feature, please let us know via bug report (for bugs) or support ticket (for questions regarding the process) should any difficulties arise.

Enjoy!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

• Moderators

Greetings, All!  

I wanted to provide everyone with a little bit of information on this brand spanking new feature. 

Bulk Redelivery is processed through the Product Listing itself. 

Open your product listing and there is a new "Schedule Redelivery" link above the Buy buttons on the right side. 

Click on the Schedule Redelivery link and you will receive a confirmation pop up. 

Click on the OK Button to confirm that you wish to schedule the redelivery.  

NOTE: This is an automated and automatic process. Merchants cannot pick the date and time of the redelivery. 

Once you have confirmed the redelivery, you will automatically be redirected to your Bulk Redelivery History page.  

The Entry for the product redelivery will be at the top of the list with the Name of the Item Listing (this is a link to the product listing itself), the Date of the Redelivery, and the current status of the process. 

The status will show Scheduled with the ability to cancel the redelivery, if you so choose. 

Once the redelivery process is completed, the status will change from Scheduled to Complete. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings, All!  

I wanted to provide everyone with a little bit of information on this brand spanking new feature. 

Bulk Redelivery is processed through the Product Listing itself. 

Open your product listing and there is a new "Schedule Redelivery" link above the Buy buttons on the right side. 

Click on the Schedule Redelivery link and you will receive a confirmation pop up. 

Click on the OK Button to confirm that you wish to schedule the redelivery.  

NOTE: This is an automated and automatic process. Merchants cannot pick the date and time of the redelivery. 

Once you have confirmed the redelivery, you will automatically be redirected to your Bulk Redelivery History page.  

The Entry for the product redelivery will be at the top of the list with the Name of the Item Listing (this is a link to the product listing itself), the Date of the Redelivery, and the current status of the process. 

The status will show Scheduled with the ability to cancel the redelivery, if you so choose. 

Once the redelivery process is completed, the status will change from Scheduled to Complete. 

Yay finally!

• Like 3

It would be nice to have a feature that would notify customers of product updates, sort of like a subscription to a thread.

Could be on Marketplace only, like a notification, but an in-world IM option would be nice too.

Sending out bulk folders of items will just create an ever increasing inventory of stuff to deal with at the user side (and on the back-end).

• Like 1

Thanks for the new update. I asked about this weeks ago as sending too much personal messages to redeliver auto flag as spam. Now the problem solved.

It would be great if we can add redelivery message too, at least it print in their local IM chat. So the customers will see it.

But right now I just added a notecard as "new update" with the relevant info.

Edited by MeshPromo

@Dakota Linden

Is there a way for users to disable receiving redeliveries executed by store owners?

Now I'm getting creators that feel the need to fill up my Received Items folder with version changes, no matter how trivial the change, including demos.

I don't want to have to block these store owners and IDEK if that will stop it either.

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

@Dakota Linden

Existe uma maneira de os usuários desabilitarem o recebimento de reenvios executados pelos proprietários das lojas?

Agora estou conseguindo criadores que sentem a necessidade de preencher minha pasta Itens recebidos com mudanças de versão, não importa o quão trivial seja a mudança, incluindo demos.

Eu também não quero ter que bloquear esses donos de loja e IDEK se isso vai impedi-lo.

I received a DEMO re-delivery today and didn't understand until after reading this thread! Very annoying!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

@Dakota Linden

Is there a way for users to disable receiving redeliveries executed by store owners?

Now I'm getting creators that feel the need to fill up my Received Items folder with version changes, no matter how trivial the change, including demos.

I don't want to have to block these store owners and IDEK if that will stop it either.

Hello, Lucia!

At this time it is not possible to block receiving the bulk redeliveries from sellers.  

I would encourage you to create a Jira Request or attend the next Web User Group where you can submit your suggestion for the ability to block receiving the redeliveries. 

I will agree that this is a great new feature that I will surely use, but it is already being abused. I logged in to a handful of "updates" that were nothing but demos.

I chalked it up to an over-zealous merchant then saw this thread and now I understand. Maybe implement some type of throttle. No one updates products on a daily basis. Maybe a counter or other type of limiter or a trigger that would alert a Linden if someone was sending out several updates in short order on the same product.

At least the ability to block would be cool and probably the easiest to implement. Wouldn't blocking the Merchant account block them?

Yeah that would work. Or even a general warning to Merchants that it's not for spamming people with unsolicited demos. Got another one tonight from a big name store. These aren't redeliveries or updates, they are pure spam demos of products I don't own and didn't ask about coming in as "My purchase of" items. I just really, really don't like spam and I don't want to keep blocking Merchants.

Would this be subject to an AR for Spam?

Edited by Artorius Constantine
Edited because I can't spell. or proofread.
  • Like 1

Although I can see the spirit of this development, I don't think bulk re-delivery is an effective way to handle product updates.

A user just has to be signed off for a while  for the message to be lost to history and the update never noticed. The user receives the update to the product whilst they are not using the product and might not even care about receiving further updates on an item.

It would be better if the rezzed item itself detects when an update is available and prompts the user. That way the user is only prompted from items they are actually using.

I did make JIRA's for this but I got the canned we won't do it response iirc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 2:50 PM, Extrude Ragu said:

Although I can see the spirit of this development, I don't think bulk re-delivery is an effective way to handle product updates.

A user just has to be signed off for a while  for the message to be lost to history and the update never noticed. The user receives the update to the product whilst they are not using the product and might not even care about receiving further updates on an item.

It would be better if the rezzed item itself detects when an update is available and prompts the user. That way the user is only prompted from items they are actually using.

I did make JIRA's for this but I got the canned we won't do it response iirc.

It's not really much different from how caspervend mass deliveries work though, just the added benefit of finally being built in.

7 hours ago, Cackle Amore said:

It's not really much different from how caspervend mass deliveries work though, just the added benefit of finally being built in.

Although I do use Caspervend mass deliveries feature in the past, I found the effectiveness limited. In particular I sold a product  that had some systems built into it and found customers still using the old version many years later.

The bulk of updates that seem to be done by customers are done using the CasperUpdate system, which is a script in the item that phones home and checks for new versions when the product is rezzed or attached.

It would be nice to be able to send a message with the redelivery that explains what's new. If someone gets a new update they won't even know what's new. If they don't think there's a problem with the old one, they won't go through the hassle of replacing the old version with the new. But I feel like a feature like that would get abused even more than this one has. Which is too bad because it would be really great for customers and merchants.

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.