Where to live?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's official! I've been trapped in the worst place here!

By: Andy Blye, Phoenix Business Journal
Posted at 9:51 AM, Jul 21, 2021

Arizona is a land of rich history, world-renowned natural beauty and vast economic opportunity, but is it the best place to call home?

A recent report from CNBC says you’d be better off in any other state after ranking Arizona No. 1 in its list of worst places to live in 2021.

https://www.abc15.com/news/business/desert-in-distress-new-study-ranks-arizona-as-worst-place-to-live-in-2021

Anyone need someone to housesit in the Bay Area, or maybe Switzerland, or possible New Zealand, or on an island in Greece? I'm sure we have many common interests, and you might just find I'd be an uncommon asset to have around. Am available for work immediately, seeking alternate situation for self and one elderly housecat.

Edited by Chroma Starlight

11 minutes ago, Bitterthorn said:

I know the tone of this post is somewhat joking but you post a lot about wanting to leave Arizona and go to another country.

Have you looked into any of the skilled worker visas or experience class style immigration?

My approach has consistently been that I don't want to go or be somewhere without a network already in place. I've been literally trying to leave the country with anyone who will listen since 2017, but nobody took me seriously enough and now it's too late to start, so I just need to hook up with a group that already left and set up a sekrit world liberation cryptopermaculture base somewhere suitably exotic and life-inspiring and go watch the apocalypse from afar while making great art and communing with the universe magnanimously the rest of my days, remembering the world of freedom and how the hard right stole it from us all.

2 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

My approach has consistently been that I don't want to go or be somewhere without a network already in place. I've been literally trying to leave the country with anyone who will listen since 2017, but nobody took me seriously enough and now it's too late to start, so I just need to hook up with a group that already left and set up a sekrit world liberation cryptopermaculture base somewhere suitably exotic and life-inspiring and go watch the apocalypse from afar while making great art and communing with the universe magnanimously the rest of my days, remembering the world of freedom and how the hard right stole it from us all.

I can genuinely never tell if you're serious or trolling. :/

Ive gone the immigration path and it's not closed at all, nor is it too late to start. If you are serious about wanting to move out of the US I'm happy to lend you, or anyone else, what information and advice I have on roadblocks. It's difficult but not impossible. 

• Like 1

How I want it to work is someone invites me out to crash on their sofa or guest house, or maybe just rent a place in the same town. They show me the ropes, introduce me to some people. After I'm situated enough to calm down again for the first time in ... I'm not sure. The last time I felt like there was nothing literally negatively impacting my life acutely was September 2019, I think. While I'm there I look for a job, or just apply for asylum. Look for ways of getting citizenship so I can drop the unholy income-stealing stigma the United States has become, usually to the citizens it also abused and degraded the hardest with "shame flutes" these last four decades which happen to correspond so neatly with my life and times, never lived because it's impossible to live well in this godforsaken place, occupied as it is by Nazi theocrats, gangsters, and the KKK. The things they forget to teach you in Civics 101.

• Haha 1

Unfortunately immigration these days does not work like that. Most countries will not allow you to enter if you do not have a vacation itinerary and a plan to leave. Your US passport is more than enough to enter most of the world without a visa as a visitor, but as an example if you were to come to Canada with intention to remain and concealed that from the border guard when you crossed into the country, you could be arrested and deported. You'd also not have any paperwork, and could not get a job or a bank account or anything that you'd need. 

The US is also considered a safe destination country and many countries will not take asylum or refugee immigration for people from the United States. (This is a law currently being debated in a lot of countries, especially for LGBT+ people, but it would be an enormous political move to declare the US unsafe... But that's an entirely different subject.)

Immigration to most 'first world' countries involves either sponsorship, merit, or money. It's best to look into countries you want to immigrate to and look up their rules. Most countries will not allow you to work without proper authorization, so crashing on someone's couch in a new area of the world and just looking into your options from there isn't realistic. 

16 minutes ago, Bitterthorn said:

Unfortunately immigration these days does not work like that. Most countries will not allow you to enter if you do not have a vacation itinerary and a plan to leave. Your US passport is more than enough to enter most of the world without a visa as a visitor, but as an example if you were to come to Canada with intention to remain and concealed that from the border guard when you crossed into the country, you could be arrested and deported. You'd also not have any paperwork, and could not get a job or a bank account or anything that you'd need. 

The US is also considered a safe destination country and many countries will not take asylum or refugee immigration for people from the United States. (This is a law currently being debated in a lot of countries, especially for LGBT+ people, but it would be an enormous political move to declare the US unsafe... But that's an entirely different subject.)

Immigration to most 'first world' countries involves either sponsorship, merit, or money. It's best to look into countries you want to immigrate to and look up their rules. Most countries will not allow you to work without proper authorization, so crashing on someone's couch in a new area of the world and just looking into your options from there isn't realistic. 

I can arrive on a long vacation. That's fine. And it's true, it's one big long life-affirming holiday. You don't start off a lifelong relationship with someone by leading it off with a lie. You just tell them, "I've been meaning to discover Canada all my life, and finally the stars have aligned. I can't wait, I've been planning my itinerary for so long. You know, I picked up my passport in early 2001 expecting to sojourn or something right after graduation in 2002. I never actually got to use it, I'm so excited to finally add the Canadian stamp to my collection. I'm going to spend so much money here, LOL." 

The US is not a safe destination unless you're literally fleeing a warzone. Then maybe it would seem better, but only in a Stockholm Syndrome sense.

Of course, I'm in the middle of a life transition. I don't want to continue work the way I have been working, so it's very difficult for me to imagine working anywhere, much less abroad, much less some kind of coordinated program to change my career while exploring my gender and integrating, it's just hard to imagine. I just need to take steps and figure it out as I go, and everyone expects me to know the whole narrative before it's been lived. I'm at a loss, but I need out. it's not like I'm going to be any more compatible with the situation here now that I'm obviously transgender. It's time to go, I just need to know where because I don't want anything to do with the British monarchy, Capitalism over Humanity, closed-minded two-gender societies and binary moralities, promote genocidal "false god" declaring cults as state religions, or any of that. I'm done with evil empire, like, I'm just trying to figure out where you go when you're done with evil empire and you don't want your life to contribute to it in any way, shape, or form.

I wish you the best of luck in being able to find somewhere that will make you feel at home and safe. I came to Canada and found that here, but it wasn't a love af first sight sort of thing. Every country has its problems, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, even after five years of fighting for my immigration. 

While it may not be a forever option, I definitely suggest looking at moving states. I've lived in almost every demographic in the US and I can tell you that there are areas safer and more comfortable for LGBT+ people. I can't say you won't run into any issues-- every city has its issues, but you might consider that to alleviate some pressure while you continue to look for somewhere else. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bitterthorn said:

I wish you the best of luck in being able to find somewhere that will make you feel at home and safe. I came to Canada and found that here, but it wasn't a love af first sight sort of thing. Every country has its problems, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, even after five years of fighting for my immigration. 

While it may not be a forever option, I definitely suggest looking at moving states. I've lived in almost every demographic in the US and I can tell you that there are areas safer and more comfortable for LGBT+ people. I can't say you won't run into any issues-- every city has its issues, but you might consider that to alleviate some pressure while you continue to look for somewhere else. 

How did you do it without any support and traitorous friends? How does anyone do it without support after a lifetime of isolation because nobody, not friends, society, or family, could be bothered to help untangle a few knots tied by a mom who decided the best revenge against dad was to apply her psychology degree to the problem via his children.

I want out. I don't want to have to cut and burn my way across the border, but I ain't staying in this place to die in some bull***** holocaust nobody could be bothered to raise the alarm about because they're all that-far gone, now.

3 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

I support this person going to Mars. I’ll contact Elon. 

Sure, just send me to the timeline where the colony was founded by, oh I don't know, before the year 1000 SE. Hopefully there's still time left to be a part of a better world.

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
21 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

I support this person going to Mars. I’ll contact Elon. 

Don't you dare! Mars is mine! Mine I tell ya! Mine! I'M MOVING TO MARS!!

Now now, I'm sure mars is big enough for the both of you. Or if it isn't I'm sure you could laser it in half or something. . .

mars_bkg_l.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

FIFY.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Sure, just send me to the timeline where the colony was founded by, oh I don't know, before the year 1000 SE. Hopefully there's still time left to be a part of a better world.

I mean, You ain’t contributing to making this one better so why should I send you into before 1000 SE?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animats said:

Me either. However, if you don't like desert, getting out of Arizona is a good move.

The desert is beautiful. The native people amazing. And when I got here, there were still the remnants of a fantastic Asian and Middle Eastern restaurant, farmer's market, etc scene, but it seems there's a lot less cosmopolitan diversity here now than way back in the hayclon days of 2019 when I moved here for a temp job.  The political occupation of civil war reject descendant re-enactors sucks and make for weird bedfollows with all the Catholics and Mormons down here in Arizona, whom you'd think would be too holy for all that, but then you look at the history of Catholic activity in the Sonoran desert region and you realize this is where they send their hard-right rejects to train, like Governor Ducey. These cats act like they believe they won the war to save slavery and raise the British Union Jack over these United States or something, but I realize now that's because there was no US Federal standard in place for teaching our own civil history, so half the states made up some kooky fantasy that whitewashed their history of human sacrifice in the form of slavery and various forms of human oppression, such old technologies that they mastered long ago before importing them into the Americas to set up illegal viral slave colony factories to pump their ill-gotten products back into the 'free market.'  They're still fighting us all over something the world condemned into perpetuity, what, back in the 1830s? Why are we still having this debate? Throw them all in prison or make them yield. They're poisoning the wells of the native nations and what I think might well be North America's oldest continually-populated city-state, now occupied for I don't even know 150 years of slow-motion genocide?

7 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Anyone need someone to housesit in the Bay Area, or maybe Switzerland, or possible New Zealand, or on an island in Greece? I'm sure we have many common interests, and you might just find I'd be an uncommon asset to have around. Am available for work immediately, seeking alternate situation for self and one elderly housecat.

no, stay where you are

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Did Europe lift the travel ban against Americans?  Let me know if you're able to get past the ban in New Zealand.

Edited by Eddy Vortex

Utopia does not exist. Life is a harsh reality that you can only conquer by having a firm grip on said reality. Pointing to others for your mishaps might give you a temporary relief from that reality but it isn't a viable solution in the long run. You are the only person who can get back control over your own life. I have been at the bottom of the pit in real life. Homeless and in great debt. The only way i got out of that was by seeking help and rebuilding my life from the ground up and ignore the urge to flee into my own thoughts and fantasy world.

The only way you will progress is that you step back in reality, stop hiding in Utopian thoughts. Build your life with the means that you have at your disposal. Nobody will hand you the things you want, you will have to create your own opportunities.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

The desert is beautiful. The native people amazing. And when I got here, there were still the remnants of a fantastic Asian and Middle Eastern restaurant, farmer's market, etc scene, but it seems there's a lot less cosmopolitan diversity here now than way back in the hayclon days of 2019 when I moved here for a temp job.  The political occupation of civil war reject descendant re-enactors sucks and make for weird bedfollows with all the Catholics and Mormons down here in Arizona, whom you'd think would be too holy for all that, but then you look at the history of Catholic activity in the Sonoran desert region and you realize this is where they send their hard-right rejects to train, like Governor Ducey. These cats act like they believe they won the war to save slavery and raise the British Union Jack over these United States or something, but I realize now that's because there was no US Federal standard in place for teaching our own civil history, so half the states made up some kooky fantasy that whitewashed their history of human sacrifice in the form of slavery and various forms of human oppression, such old technologies that they mastered long ago before importing them into the Americas to set up illegal viral slave colony factories to pump their ill-gotten products back into the 'free market.'  They're still fighting us all over something the world condemned into perpetuity, what, back in the 1830s? Why are we still having this debate? Throw them all in prison or make them yield. They're poisoning the wells of the native nations and what I think might well be North America's oldest continually-populated city-state, now occupied for I don't even know 150 years of slow-motion genocide?

Please stop. Stop dragging us First Nations peoples into your first world problems. We don't belong there.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.