Where to live?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The People’s Temple Agricultural Project is a prime example of the erroneous  belief that the grass is greener on the other side of the world & how there are no utopias.  
A diverse group, the members of Peoples Temple shared a common goal: to create an egalitarian society free of problems of class and race. Many of those who joined in Indiana in the 1950s had lower incomes and felt alienated from society. In contrast, those who joined in California in the 1960s and 1970s were more affluent, middle class professionals. In both parts of the country, Peoples Temple was racially mixed and whites were in the minority.”

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/jonestown-congregation/

Life is harsh.

But it can also have moments that are wonderful.  
Tomorrow might not come.  Doesn’t mean don’t dream but you gotta find happiness in the everydayness.  

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:
  1. Pack
  2. Get in the car
  3. Drive.

I did it as a brand new college graduate, so it really can't be all that hard.

Well, I mean, I did that in 2006 when I left Pennsylvania in a little Honda Civic with a big U-Haul trailer packed to the gills. It made the car feel more like a train, but away we went. And then again in 2019, from a mountain top in Colorado to the Sonoran Desert for a promising new job with big science to kill some time and keep the bills paid while some sort of bigger picture emerged. Well, a bigger picture has emerged and now I think it'd be in my best enlightened interests to be somewhere so far away that I can't technically drive there. Not without a ship. Do you have a ship I can borrow? I don't believe I'll ever feel safe in this country ever again or that its present system of government will ever seem credible to me again. I still want to experience other things in life and it seems like they're determined to destroy my mobility and my wellness all at once before I can even begin, and I'd just rather leave that as a game for people who don't read history to enjoy playing, not for me.

1 hour ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Well, I mean, I did that in 2006 when I left Pennsylvania in a little Honda Civic with a big U-Haul trailer packed to the gills. It made the car feel more like a train, but away we went. And then again in 2019, from a mountain top in Colorado to the Sonoran Desert for a promising new job with big science to kill some time and keep the bills paid while some sort of bigger picture emerged. Well, a bigger picture has emerged and now I think it'd be in my best enlightened interests to be somewhere so far away that I can't technically drive there. Not without a ship. Do you have a ship I can borrow? I don't believe I'll ever feel safe in this country ever again or that its present system of government will ever seem credible to me again. I still want to experience other things in life and it seems like they're determined to destroy my mobility and my wellness all at once before I can even begin, and I'd just rather leave that as a game for people who don't read history to enjoy playing, not for me.

Take out a loan and buy a ship

Edited by Chris Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.