Mesh Bodies and Their Models

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Starting off in the general area for this.  Let me know what forum would better suit this. 

I'm trying to get a firm grip on the various mesh bodies and their model variants.  Done some Googling to get various SL Destinations that make or sell bodies, lots of heads and other things.   Since I'm trying to define what lines of FP clothing to match models and separate or group them. 

So, I made a spreadsheet of what I think I know now.  If you can help with this brain salad surgery,...I'll appreciate it.   

Body-Models-chart.jpg

15 minutes ago, Thunderchild Allen said:

Starting off in the general area for this.  Let me know what forum would better suit this. 

I'm trying to get a firm grip on the various mesh bodies and their model variants.  Done some Googling to get various SL Destinations that make or sell bodies, lots of heads and other things.   Since I'm trying to define what lines of FP clothing to match models and separate or group them. 

So, I made a spreadsheet of what I think I know now.  If you can help with this brain salad surgery,...I'll appreciate it.   

Body-Models-chart.jpg

This thread might be of some interest as to which bodies and heads are being used the most

Some corrections:

Absolut Creations

• Adam (male)
  • Eve (female)
  • EveBoy (andro)

Inithium

• Kupra (female)
  • Kups (female)

ABAR (brand = eBody)

• eBody Classic (female)
  • eBody Curvy (female)

MeshBody (brand = Legacy)

• Classic (female)
  • Classic (male)
  • Legacy (female)
  • Legacy (male)
  • Perky (female)
  • Pregnancy (female)
  • Athletic (male)

Maitreya

• Lara (female)
  • Petite (small breast augment for Lara)
  • Flat (flat chest augment for Lara)

Signature

• Alice (female)
  • Gianni (male)
  • Geralt (male)

Slink

• Physique (female)
  • Physique (male)
  • Hourglass (female)
  • Petite (small breast augments for Slink female bodies)
  • Homme (flat chest augments for Slink female bodies)

Genus do not make bodies, only heads.

Inithium do not make eBody; they make Kupra and Kups. (They may have others newly released; I don't keep up with female bodies as much as I do the male ones.)

Legacy do not make Alice and Gianni; those are Signature bodies.

TMP bodies are no longer sold as-is, but clothing rigged for them usually fits the male and female Legacy 'Classic' L$1 bodies.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the replies! Sorry to tweak Janet Voxel's OCD. Thanks to Skell Dagger for the updates. I've done custom leather clothing and gear in RL where everyone has a different body. Sorting all the available models down in SL can tweak my PTSD. That's when the VA tells me to smoke more Indica, gut they don't pay for it. 😛

My goal is to get down to the few active models for which to market and make products. I found some nice pie charts from Nethya Emor for the market share of the top models. It shows the top female models as Maitreya, Legacy, Inithium and Belleza, while the male top list is Signature, Belleza Legacy and Aesthetic. I also found lots of unlisted bodies, heads, feet and hands just running round SL. I've tried a few separate feet and hands for my Slink models along with trying to make them match and hide lines. So, when I got my Aesthetic, I got the fat pack so everything worked together. Now, I have a deep freeze full of hands, feet and heads.

I had intended to get the top 4 or 5 top models for my Male and alternate Female avatar so I can model clothing for product covers. At this phase of my vendor experience, I'm still purchasing 3rd party clothing to use my textures on. One of my friends has been making mesh clothing for a number of years and showed me some of the process. Making my own mesh clothing and objects for sale is still probably a year or two down the road. I'm sure there will be new mesh bodies out by then and old ones that are slowing going away.

So, without causing to much OCD PTSD here my new TMI chart. Also at http://sl.thunderchild.net/doc/AJsResearch-MeshBodyModels.jpg and in a ods file if you want it. From what I can tell from everything, I had dropped the Absolute items, but the EveBoy might persuade me to re-include them. That and a conversation with some about mixing male and female parts to get a transgender or other model. I'm sure other models will come out with transgender models. I figured to drop the Fitmesh, Bento, Model M, Standards, and others just on what I get from FP mesh clothing makers in their packages. I'm a little ify on Bento, since I have Bento hands for my models. So far, I'm down to ten models to cater to (eBody, Belleza, Legacy, Maitreyz, Aesthetic, Ocacin, Signature, Slink, TMP and Tonic.

AJsResearch-MeshBodyModels.jpg

1 minute ago, Thunderchild Allen said:

Thanks for the replies! Sorry to tweak Janet Voxel's OCD. Thanks to Skell Dagger for the updates. I've done custom leather clothing and gear in RL where everyone has a different body. Sorting all the available models down in SL can tweak my PTSD. That's when the VA tells me to smoke more Indica, gut they don't pay for it. 😛

My goal is to get down to the few active models for which to market and make products. I found some nice pie charts from Nethya Emor for the market share of the top models. It shows the top female models as Maitreya, Legacy, Inithium and Belleza, while the male top list is Signature, Belleza Legacy and Aesthetic. I also found lots of unlisted bodies, heads, feet and hands just running round SL. I've tried a few separate feet and hands for my Slink models along with trying to make them match and hide lines. So, when I got my Aesthetic, I got the fat pack so everything worked together. Now, I have a deep freeze full of hands, feet and heads.

I had intended to get the top 4 or 5 top models for my Male and alternate Female avatar so I can model clothing for product covers. At this phase of my vendor experience, I'm still purchasing 3rd party clothing to use my textures on. One of my friends has been making mesh clothing for a number of years and showed me some of the process. Making my own mesh clothing and objects for sale is still probably a year or two down the road. I'm sure there will be new mesh bodies out by then and old ones that are slowing going away.

So, without causing to much OCD PTSD here my new TMI chart. Also at http://sl.thunderchild.net/doc/AJsResearch-MeshBodyModels.jpg and in a ods file if you want it. From what I can tell from everything, I had dropped the Absolute items, but the EveBoy might persuade me to re-include them. That and a conversation with some about mixing male and female parts to get a transgender or other model. I'm sure other models will come out with transgender models. I figured to drop the Fitmesh, Bento, Model M, Standards, and others just on what I get from FP mesh clothing makers in their packages. I'm a little ify on Bento, since I have Bento hands for my models. So far, I'm down to ten models to cater to (eBody, Belleza, Legacy, Maitreyz, Aesthetic, Ocacin, Signature, Slink, TMP and Tonic.

AJsResearch-MeshBodyModels.jpg

Much better!

You might want to add Ebody Reborn in a third column, because its coming out on 10/10 and Kahlene Erika seems to have some legs.

Kalhene Erika and Kalhene Analexa both have transgender options, Analexa also includes four breast sizes, (normal, petite, flat and implants)

Lucybody has a number of different bodies including Atenea (the free one), Vania (petite) and Natasha (flat chest), and a couple of others with normal breast sizes but I can't remember their names or what the differences between them are.

23 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

There is Tonic Fine, Tonic Curvy, Tonic Minimizer. I don’t think there is a Tonic Voluptuous.

Look back through inventory of clothing I've bought, looks like I have items named just "voluptuous" and a couple I think I renamed as the Tonic.  And the Internet shows it as Ocacin's Voluptuous Curvy.   You think I should assume that these are all Ocacin's?

13 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Kalhene Erika and Kalhene Analexa both have transgender options, Analexa also includes four breast sizes, (normal, petite, flat and implants)

Lucybody has a number of different bodies including Atenea (the free one), Vania (petite) and Natasha (flat chest), and a couple of others with normal breast sizes but I can't remember their names or what the differences between them are.

I checked the Kalhene store out and looked for some FP clothing in the MP.  Looks like all the clothing are probably from the the creators they had at the start.   I don't yet find FP items to do textures for.  Trying to find clothes to work with can be a bit of a hunt.

32 minutes ago, Thunderchild Allen said:

Look back through inventory of clothing I've bought, looks like I have items named just "voluptuous" and a couple I think I renamed as the Tonic.  And the Internet shows it as Ocacin's Voluptuous Curvy.   You think I should assume that these are all Ocacin's?

I don’t know anything about Ocacin so I can’t speak to that, but I see no Tonic Voluptuous. And just to be more precise the Tonic bodies are Tonic Fine Beauty, Tonic Curvy Beauty. The Minimizer is an add on to I believe the Tonic Fine, but clothing needs to be bought for Tonic Minimizer that do not fit Tonic Fine. And I don’t have the Minimizer add on so I don’t know if you need to buy tops for Minimizer and can wear bottoms for Fine, I just don’t know.

I love my Tonic Fine and would hate to be looking for a body these days, I did so many demos, but kept coming back to Tonic Fine.

18 hours ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

Another body coming down the pipeline is the Cinnamon & Chai body - not sure of the name, but it's a sub-brand / rebrand of Slink, releasing an all-new body. Looks pretty interesting from what's being said on the dev channels.

If it doesn't use my Phys clothes I ain't using it. I'm not spending another 3.5 trillion for clothes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.