How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

On 3/18/2023 at 8:47 PM, PheebyKatz said:

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.61f02f07994c388eb3c2f3efe25cda32.png

My nightly swim, sometimes I even moonbathe. Psychiatrist tells me it's good for my pores. Swimming and cycling are two of my favorite sports for health.

So far it's quiet out. Sometimes late at night, you can hear the fish talking. They have plans for us all. I'm not kidding.

I love your post. A moontan is always fashionable and avoiding sugar is my favorite healthy sport. Fish are always dreaming, they talk in their sleep.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So a Sunday night tradition for . . . well, it must be at least a couple of years now, I guess? . . . has been to go dancing with my friend Skal at The Mercury Room. And tonight, I thought I'd try to get a shot or two.

This is an unusual pic for me for two reasons. First, it's an "action shot," caught while we danced. (My normal shots are almost always carefully posed!). And secondly, it's taken using (*gasp!*) the official LL viewer.

Skal-(SM)-Blank.png

• Like 18

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So a Sunday night tradition for . . . well, it must be at least a couple of years now, I guess? . . . has been to go dancing with my friend Skal at The Mercury Room. And tonight, I thought I'd try to get a shot or two.

This is an unusual pic for me for two reasons. First, it's an "action shot," caught while we danced. (My normal shots are almost always carefully posed!). And secondly, it's taken using (*gasp!*) the official LL viewer.

Skal-(SM)-Blank.png

I love the official LL viewer, it runs cooler than Firestorm, I guess there's less computer processes running, plus it works on older computers, and it does everything I need it to do. Simple, easy, and it works, what more could anyone want? Oh I shouldn't have asked that.

• Like 5

Again I'm linking to the "Tastefully Naked" page. I had just replaced a bed in the bedroom across the hall from ours. It was a real pain. We are still waiting on the unfurnished textures, but here the leftover floor shadow seems to work. The new bed had night tables which didn't match our decor. The issue was unlinking and deleting them. The bed requires a prim for each sitter, so nothing can be unlinked or deleted. So....I simply made them transparent. No one can bump into them where they are, so it worked out just fine!!! Cat hasn't seen the newest version yet, but hopefully she'll like it. She was the one who discovered the issue with sitting, We had enough prims for the two of us, but we had to sit on the invisible prim in the middle to be posed correctly. Go figure

.https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/489954-tastefully-naked/page/41/

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cirleen said:

I love the official LL viewer, it runs cooler than Firestorm, I guess there's less computer processes running, plus it works on older computers, and it does everything I need it to do. Simple, easy, and it works, what more could anyone want? Oh I shouldn't have asked that.

Oh, there are a number of advantages to the LL Viewer, certainly -- the reason I use it for dancing at clubs (or other events with lots of people) is precisely that I get a far higher FPS on it that on Firestorm (or Black Dragon). I was even able to turn on depth of field in a fairly busy club: there's no way I could do that with the other two viewers without crashing. There are things I don't like about it, certainly, so FS will remain my everyday viewer, but it's certainly the most efficient viewer.

On the other hand, it does not take pictures as well as Black Dragon or FS, and a number of reasonably important photo settings are hidden away in the debug settings. But I'm actually surprised at how well these turned out. The quality gap between viewers may not be as vast as I had thought.

• Like 5

On 3/18/2023 at 10:26 PM, Leora Greenwood said:

My SL looks like frustration today!!  I rented a boat slip near the Blake Sea but there was still a boat from the previous renter in the slip.  When I could not remove it, I looked to the yacht club admins but the harbormaster had not logged into SL since the 10th (!!) so I notecarded the owner to no effect so far.  So after two days, this is my plea, from frustration.  Hope it works!

image.thumb.jpeg.6a50ba68f9d40aeb5cb062db61f7b98c.jpeg

It worked!!!  Here are Tiggie and me, enjoying our own small yacht in our new marina slip!

image.thumb.jpeg.acb26d59f8537937819c4dcc336ec8cb.jpeg

But I am wondering if something is going on in the regions just north and west of the Blake Sea.  The house I rented last month may disappear; the landlord says he may lose his lease to the region but has no idea why.  This new slip is my backup plan but some of these regions seem very poorly managed and that is sad....  So I plan to ride out the transition, if there is one.  Two days ago there was a plane crashed into one of the slips in the first region and a watercraft crashed into my deck.  Today the plane is gone (NTSB on the job??) and I was able to board the watercraft and steer it away from my deck.  Feels like The Real Housewives of The Blake Sea!!!  🤣

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, cirleen said:

The inability to adjust the field of view frustrates me with the LL viewer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BillFletcher said:

I suppose you'd like your field of view to include heaven as well. I know how you like seeing angels.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Again I'm linking to the "Tastefully Naked" page. I had just replaced a bed in the bedroom across the hall from ours. It was a real pain. We are still waiting on the unfurnished textures, but here the leftover floor shadow seems to work. The new bed had night tables which didn't match our decor. The issue was unlinking and deleting them. The bed requires a prim for each sitter, so nothing can be unlinked or deleted. So....I simply made them transparent. No one can bump into them where they are, so it worked out just fine!!! Cat hasn't seen the newest version yet, but hopefully she'll like it. She was the one who discovered the issue with sitting, We had enough prims for the two of us, but we had to sit on the invisible prim in the middle to be posed correctly. Go figure

.https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/489954-tastefully-naked/page/41/

Aaahhh... pull my hair!

When you want to link to a post copy the link from here:

Capture.JPG.0f74e0a443dd04e5f07a7018921b67e9.JPG

Right-click and select copy link.

2 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

Ctrl-8, 9, & 0 change the FOV just as they do in Firestorm.

A more precise control is in the LL Viewer's Debug Settings:

image.png.8d24168422f926c9ead40b5f2f857b58.png

Firestorm put the Debug Settings serttings in their PhotoTools panel. LL only provided the Cntrl-key access.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Aaahhh... pull my hair!

Firestorm put the Debug Settings serttings in their PhotoTools panel. LL only provided the Cntrl-key access.

Thanks!!! I didn't know there was a link in the date. So here it is, to my post in tastefully naked:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bagnu said:

Thanks!!! I didn't know there was a link in the date. So here it is, to my post in tastefully naked:

I figured you didn't... And it isn't like they made it obvious... Unless one goes over to the forum's software designers site and reads the manual there is no good way to know about all the forum features.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I figured you didn't... And it isn't like they made it obvious... Unless one goes over to the forum's software designers site and reads the manual there is no good way to know about all the forum features.

it's ultra helpful to know, since I have been gyazo-ing posts to share with people inworld. This makes it so much easier!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Aaahhh... pull my hair!

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

You can also get a direct link to the particular post by clicking the 3 dots and then clicking Share:

image.thumb.png.969c26233537a6a9d7bd802c7870fd64.png

Though linking posts from one picture thread to another is just as bad as posting the same image in multiple places - IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can also get a direct link to the particular post by clicking the 3 dots and then clicking Share:

Though linking posts from one picture thread to another is just as bad as posting the same image in multiple places - IMO.

I think he was just trying to post here but couldn't so he did it that way as a workaround, in my opinion. Perhaps blurring it and posting here would work, I didn't like going to the link.

edit: so in essence, I politely agree, with you

Edited by Charolotte Caxton
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I linked to the "tastefully naked" because I didn't want my post removed  because of the nudity in the headboard. It's actually meant for this thread. I didn't want to blur, because I could post it elsewhere, and have it show as it actually is.

I personally like repeat pics across threads. I don't have time to look at every thread, so I can miss things. 

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.18275e2373d581e521489b2d4cc2ce39.png

Right about now, my SL is looking like it might be a minute before the Asylum gets finished, cos we got (WOO-HOO!) a Sci-Fi Con build to poop out real fast. S'okay, once Sci-Fi is over this'll all snap together like a handful of Legos, I've seen it happen plenty of times. I have faith.

Not my build, by the way, I just hover around and pester while it's being built. My build is out of frame at the moment, because I'm sick of looking at it. Right now I'm busy making Triassic flora, like giant ferns, myself. I finally get to build a Yithian landscape~! \o/ Yayee~!

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 10