How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

It was a lovely day today! In english you would call these warm days in autumn Indian summer. In Dutch it is 'oudewijvenzomer': old wives summer.

In calm late summer weather, spiders make long threads. When dew is deposited on these during the night, beautiful droplets glisten on the threads at sunrise. It was thought in ancient times that these beautiful strands were the hair of goddesses or female water spirits, which they lost at night. Since this phenomenon occurs on calm, sunny days in autumn, it has come to be called old wives' summer.

Snapshot_2081208088_029_007.png

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2022 at 2:34 AM, Marianne Little said:

Six hours sleep tonight, so I am improving. 😉

I can't do modern minmalist style. But at least it is not plaid, and not beach style.

oops_003.thumb.jpg.9f01b5d11a3cd6ba93ddf835bf787a67.jpg

Everything was in my inventory from before.

The pillows is linked of another sofa set.

I forget so much, maybe I am "Inventory shopping". It is not unusual to search the Marketplace and find things I had no idea I bought. I am looking at a picture - oh, nice - click on the description and up comes: "You bought this in xx.xx.xx".

Thank heavens it is vendors inworld that refund my money, and let me know that I already bought the thing.

I edited off the unicorn horn since I took the picture, so now it is a white horse.

Now I see what you were looking for. Looks great!!!

• Like 2

Today, I reluctantly did a google search for "how to make normal and specular maps".

I expected some awfully difficult tutorial about Gimp and bloody expensive Photoshop. But I also found out about a page that makes these maps for us. NormalMap-Online (cpetry.github.io)

So now I made normal maps for my favorite snow texture I bought for 10 L in 2018.

I think I pass on a Specular map for now. I think most snow that's using materials shine too much.

I have been messing around with snow three days now.

Incredible how much time I spend only on building up that sunken firepit. No terraforming allowed... I can't leave landscaping and say "It's done". I have to add a rock, move a tree, find a snow pile that need editing. 

With this tempo, I am not done decorating for Christmas until January. 😔

snowda_006.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

I have to sit on my hands, but I have promised myself that it will not snow in Dutch estate before the end of November. Until then, we have a poem by Edward Thomas:

The south wall warms me: November has begun,
Yet never shone the sun as fair as now
While the sweet last-left damsons from the bough
With spangles of the morning’s storm drop down
Because the starling shakes it, whistling what
Once swallows sang …

November has begun, Yet never shone the sun as fair as now

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Today, I reluctantly did a google search for "how to make normal and specular maps".

I expected some awfully difficult tutorial about Gimp and bloody expensive Photoshop. But I also found out about a page that makes these maps for us. NormalMap-Online (cpetry.github.io)

So now I made normal maps for my favorite snow texture I bought for 10 L in 2018.

I think I pass on a Specular map for now. I think most snow that's using materials shine too much.

I have been messing around with snow three days now.

Incredible how much time I spend only on building up that sunken firepit. No terraforming allowed... I can't leave landscaping and say "It's done". I have to add a rock, move a tree, find a snow pile that need editing. 

With this tempo, I am not done decorating for Christmas until January. 😔

snowda_006.jpg

It warms my heart how thoughtful and thorough your approach to landscaping is!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Made the mistake of trying a demo today , trousers at adam&eve , now i have a hole in my chest and the sea is more white than blue . I'm guessing the demo changed some light setting that i can't find to undo ?

Unless windows updated at the same time because that always breaks something ?

Edited by cunomar

16 hours ago, cunomar said:

Made the mistake of trying a demo today , trousers at adam&eve , now i have a hole in my chest and the sea is more white than blue . I'm guessing the demo changed some light setting that i can't find to undo ?

Unless windows updated at the same time because that always breaks something ?

It should not happen with the sea. It was a SL bug with the sea that I read about some weeks ago. It is not the demo that causes it.

Anyone else who remember something about Linden Water? And how we reset it?

The hole in your body must be that the demo alpha out the part on your body that need to be hidden. But when you take off the demo, the script does not revert the changes on your body. It is annoying, and you must fix it yourself. Wear the HUD, go to the alpha section and click on hidden parts to bring them back.

Unless the demo has an alpha layer. Go to the demo folder and see if you still wear a layer from that folder. Take it off and you should be fine.

• Thanks 1