Looking for stores with animations for thicker avatars

Ember Starchild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks, these tips can be helpful for me too.

I once bought a fat mesh avi, piggu Jonathan, that I pretty much can tweak so it looks almost like me (for 80+%) in RL.
But I never wear it, because of the lack of a good AO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Thanks, these tips can be helpful for me too.

I once bought a fat mesh avi, piggu Jonathan, that I pretty much can tweak so it looks almost like me (for 80+%) in RL.
But I never wear it, because of the lack of a good AO.

I think Voir makes a AO specifically for Jonathan and June.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Arent AO's created using standard default avatars? And thats really all that can be used? That could be why. 

I can't remember where on the SL site/Wiki where the avatar models are available for download, but when i was using Daz to do poses i had to import them to create poses/animations on. Anything done using the default Daz body was not compatible with SL. The SL male and female bodies i was using were the default system avatars. Once you saved them as .bvh you could preview them in SL go back adjust in Daz if needed as often as you like before committing to the upload fee

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I can't remember where on the SL site/Wiki where the avatar models are available for download, but when i was using Daz to do poses i had to import them to create poses/animations on. Anything done using the default Daz body was not compatible with SL. The SL male and female bodies i was using were the default system avatars. Once you saved them as .bvh you could preview them in SL go back adjust in Daz if needed as often as you like before committing to the upload fee

But thats all you can use, right? You cant download a legacy/belleza/kupra body to make animations with. You can only download the default sl bodies. 

If you produce for the average size market, you sell a lot more than when you cater for the awesome sized people.
That goes in RL as well. Look at cars, furniture hight like with standard kitchen counters, furniture stability, clothing, shoes, etc. etc.
You're best of being standard size even in dreamworlds like SL,

Edited by Sid Nagy

5 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

But thats all you can use, right? You cant download a legacy/belleza/kupra body to make animations with. You can only download the default sl bodies. 

My only experience is with the freely available SL bodies. I never got in to Bento when it came out so I don't know what was needed/available to make bento poses/animations. Someone with more current experience will know more than me. Most if not all body creators don't make their body kits available to everyone but I would not rule out it being possible to animate with them.

8 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

A lot of the animations are the same animations..But say like vista will make one animation but may have three versions.. the original for say regular avatars, then tweak the arms out a bit more for curvy and bigger boobs and regular sized avatar with bigger boobs..

Most of the animations are the same, but they get tweaked so the arms and hands aren't going through the body..

So like I said at the start, you could have three versions or even more of the same animation made for different body types.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 12:17 AM, AlmondJoy69 said:

animations for thicker avis?

Thanks to @Maitimo for linking to a marketplace store that creates for bigger avatars. I saw more ao's for big girls on the 3rd page as well. They are priced very low with a lot of reviews to read through.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/51986

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood
had to learn how to tag by googling :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.