Selling L$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

May I sell L$ for DOGE? If not, why? If it's a US-specific law that you need to enforce on US users, it'd be OK for us to seek the assistance of our European peers, ne?

Just now, Orwar said:

giphy.gif

.. No.

Why not? Why can't we use any of this technology to accomplish something good?

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Because it's against the ToS.

LL are quite strict about it, and rightfully so. They can't have different ToS's for every country, and if they did that would create potential loopholes for people to abuse. Heck, people already do (or at least did) to some extent, by claiming to be in a country they're not to get around paying high rates of VAT - both in SL and elsewhere. E-commerce isn't simple business.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Because it's against the ToS.

LL are quite strict about it, and rightfully so. They can't have different ToS's for every country, and if they did that would create potential loopholes for people to abuse. Heck, people already do (or at least did) to some extent, by claiming to be in a country they're not to get around paying high rates of VAT - both in SL and elsewhere. E-commerce isn't simple business.

Lots of things are against the ToS, and they're not abstract things like trading virtual tokens, but real human things. And yet people perpetuate those all the time without any examination. Don't you think it's time we start prioritizing the real and the human? Hasn't the last six years changed the reality of this a bit? Don't we all have a higher duty to each other and humanity, now, that goes beyond local parochial interests? 

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Don't you think it's time we start prioritizing the real and the human? Hasn't the last six years changed the reality of this a bit? Don't we all have a higher duty to each other and humanity, now, that goes beyond local parochial interests? 

Not really.

But, SL ToS isn't an issue of popular opinion either, it's LL's business.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

You can do it in theory.. I mean no one going to stop you if you decide sell L$ for some other currency in RL (silently).

But LL will block account if they notice you are making L$ transfers for no apparent reason 😛

The way LL wants it sell your L$ (aka TOS) via Tillia cash out with USD. They make income from L$ sales and purchases.

Edited by RunawayBunny

When one starts to use SL one agrees on the ToS.
If LL makes changes one agrees again on the next log in.

So everybody in SL has agreed upon the LL ToS.

You never can say: "Sorry but I didn't know", when you are caught violating the ToS.
You personally checked the boxes.

Of course almost nobody reads the complete ToS on agreeing, but everybody knows that there is one, and when in doubt you can always read the sections that you need to spell out, to see if you're good with your plans.

2 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Like, "You have a fundamental right to trade game-tokens for a virtual 'currency' that literally began as a joke?"

Like I said, it's about prioritizing the real and the human. There's no need to overcomplicate things, this is as simple as breathing.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

In the spirit of equanimity, please accept this expression of dissent. 

thumb.png

Why did you even bother to ask the question here?
You don't seem to want helpful answers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Why did you even bother to ask the question here?
You don't seem to want helpful answers.

With all due respect, how is you lecturing to me about how I must never even have read the Terms of Service here, not once in seventeen years, a "helpful answer" in your estimation? Is this actually about what I've read?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think you understood what I just posted.
No clarifications further needed.

I know what you're saying, but maybe I just want people to think about this stuff more and do it aloud; what people believe and expect and intend can have a big influence on everyone's reality, and so let's all nurture our shared world toward more positive things and with progress always somewhere on our minds. 

36 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

maybe I just want people to think about this stuff more and do it aloud; what people believe and expect and intend can have a big influence on everyone's reality, and so let's all nurture our shared world toward more positive things and with progress always somewhere on our minds. 

Here's your unicorn

Pin by Rhonda Vargason on ANIMALS & Other stuff | Unicorn poster, Unicorn  pictures, Unicorn wallpaper

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.