Selling L$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Don't you think it's time we start prioritizing the real and the human? Hasn't the last six years changed the reality of this a bit? Don't we all have a higher duty to each other and humanity, now, that goes beyond local parochial interests? 

Isn't this more or less the mantra or belief for those who want this virtual crypto currency thingy?  BTW, I don't think these currencies benefit more than the miner themselves.  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

BTW, I don't think these currencies benefit more than the miner themselves.  

It has it uses I think. Sometimes our government problematic.. brings up ridiculous amount of paper work or absurd taxing (20 USD tax for 1 USD item).. Cyrpto thingy a workaround for those minor annoyances IMO.

11 minutes ago, RunawayBunny said:

. Cyrpto thingy a workaround for those minor annoyances

Okay, I heard what you said, but this crypto-mining is becoming a nuisance.  It's okay if it only effects you but that is not what is happening.  

Why do you need the item with the 20 dollar tax anyways?  

Edited by JanuarySwan

9 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

Why do you need the item with the 20 dollar tax anyways?  

It is politics government does not want imports from China.. so they apply fixed taxes for every single item.. even cheap ones.

Asking company send item via envelope and paying with bitcoin seems only solution LOL.. Is it legal? No.. but its a remedy for annoying politics.

Edited by RunawayBunny

4 minutes ago, RunawayBunny said:

It is politics government does not want imports from China.. so they apply fixed taxes for every single item.. even cheap ones.

Asking company send item via envelope and paying with bitcoin seems only solution LOL.. Is it legal? No.. but its a remedy for annoying politics.

Sometimes the world of politics is quite sucky, I will agree with you there.  The U.S., Biden is now imposing sanctions against Russia with claims that Russia interfered in U.S. elections.  And, who ends up hurting for a stupid Russian government that did that, their people.  Some governments hurt their people.  

Well, if you have some work-around that's good but it is spilling out towards hurting others by being a nuisance now.  Be careful with it though, it could end badly and people be left with nothing.  The old wooden nickel trick.  Thought it was a nickel but it was made of wood.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Clearly LL needs to jump on this right away and produce a viewer for us that can mine cryptocurrency on our under-utilized GPUs whilst we are logged in to SL so that they can take a 7.5% stake.

It could be like camping :) Imagine the complaints over crypto-mining bot farms xD

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.