LINDEN REALMS AND DATA AND PAYMENT

MillenaRaphaela

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We want our weekly crystals without being obliged to have payment details, unfortunately not all players have the privilege to buy lindens, we need linden realms the way they were before the maintenance of 21/01/2021, since linden lab does not convert lindens for all countries, dollars are expensive for us and linden realms is our only and best source of income here, we are seriously thinking about giving up SL.

QUEREMOS nossos cristais semanais sem sermos obrigados a ter dados de pagamento, infelizmente nem todos os jogadores tem o privilegio de comprar lindens, nos precisamos da linden realms do jeito que estava antes da manuntenção do dia 21/01/2021, já que a linden lab não faz a conversão dos lindens para todos os países, o dolar esta caro para nós e a linden realms é a nossa unica e melhor fonte de renda daqui, estamos pensando seriamente em desistir do SL.

Queremos nuestros cristales semanales sin estar obligados a tener detalles de pago, lamentablemente no todos los jugadores tienen el privilegio de comprar tilos, necesitamos linden realms tal como estaban antes del mantenimiento del 21/01/2021, desde linden lab no convierte tilos para todos los países, los dólares son caros para nosotros y linden realms es nuestra única y mejor fuente de ingresos aquí, estamos pensando seriamente en renunciar a SL.

• Thanks 2

On 1/21/2021 at 3:12 PM, MillenaRaphaela said:

We want our weekly crystals without being obliged to have payment details, unfortunately not all players have the privilege to buy lindens, we need linden realms the way they were before the maintenance of 21/01/2021, since linden lab does not convert lindens for all countries, dollars are expensive for us and linden realms is our only and best source of income here, we are seriously thinking about giving up SL.

We want our weekly crystals without being obliged to have payment details, unfortunately not all players have the privilege of buying linden trees, we need linden realms as they were before the maintenance on 01/21/2021, since linden lab does not convert linden for all countries, dollars are expensive for us and linden realms is our only and best source of income here, we are seriously considering giving up SL.

I'm going to wager a legal requirement was changed and LL had to implement it this way.  

• Like 4

I agree this is unfortunate for people who can't buy lindens directly and who don't have the time or skills to get a job inworld. They will now be entirely reliant on traffic-building games, and we all know how scammy those can be. On the other hand, I'll be glad to see the back of the bots.

6 hours ago, usagihara said:

I agree this is unfortunate for people who can't buy lindens directly and who don't have the time or skills to get a job inworld. They will now be entirely reliant on traffic-building games, and we all know how scammy those can be. On the other hand, I'll be glad to see the back of the bots.

sorry. who do you call a bot? people who like to play sl-games? or those peoples , who do not have payment information? many would gladly buy lindens. now it is very difficult or impossible to do it. To buy linden trees for sl, you need too many documents. it was originally said that linden trees can be bought without a passport. and now it is a thousand obstacles for many people in sl. sl will lose many clients, depriving them of their earnings. many will not be able to pay for the house. the ground. things on the market and all kinds of services in the sl. the lindens earned in games went into circulation in the next. and now ? many will lose everything

Edited by Quenata

10 hours ago, Quenata said:

sorry. who do you call a bot? people who like to play sl-games? or those peoples , who do not have payment information?

Bots are automated accounts people in the realms used to use them to prevent people getting certain crystals or use them to grab all the crystals so no one else had a chance. people running bots basically did it to maximise what they could milk the realms for. it's not a normal person who might keep themselves to one particular realm region and knows how to play that region to their advantage whether they they have payment info or not

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Боты - это автоматизированные учетные записи людей в сферах, которые использовали их, чтобы не дать людям получить определенные кристаллы или использовать их для захвата всех кристаллов, чтобы ни у кого не было шанса. люди, управляющие ботами, в основном делали это для того, чтобы максимально использовать то, для чего они могли доить миры. это ненормальный человек, который может ограничиться одним конкретным регионом мира и знает, как использовать этот регион в своих интересах, независимо от того, есть ли у него платежная информация или нет

Thanks for the information. Of course, the bot needs to be stopped.
I meant a little sarcasm about what some call live players - a bot. it always hurts.
     But here we are talking about something else, about something that has sl deprived many people living in the sl world from earning money without information about payment. Other residents of the sl will suffer from this, such as shop owners, designers, many others, from whom people bought things and services, now many will not be able to buy here.

19 hours ago, Quenata said:

sorry. who do you call a bot? people who like to play sl-games? or those peoples , who do not have payment information?

No,  I call bots bots. Those armies of identical avatars with near-identical names who loiter round the landing points. Anyone who actually plays the realms will know exactly what I'm talking about. I agree with bigmoe however that this is most likely a US legal requirement and that LL had no choice in the matter.

If you don't have payment info on file you were only able to get L$50 per avatar per week from Linden Realms anyway. You can probably make that from traffic games and money chairs, though it'll take considerably longer and most of them will ban you when they find you're playing with more than one account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, usagihara said:

Если у вас нет платежной информации в файле, вы все равно сможете получать от Linden Realms только 50 L $ за аватар в неделю

the topic is that since January 22, Linden realm no longer pays 50 l for a weekly quest, if anyone does not have payment information. Collecting and returning crystals from the very beginning of the new version of the game was only for those who have payment information

31 minutes ago, Quenata said:

the topic is that since January 22, Linden realm no longer pays 50 l for a weekly quest, if anyone does not have payment information. Collecting and returning crystals from the very beginning of the new version of the game was only for those who have payment information

But I saw people mentioning having to have payment info on file for.Linden Realms a few years ago.  Did they change it then change it back?  

19 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

But I saw people mentioning having to have payment info on file for.Linden Realms a few years ago.  Did they change it then change it back?  

Until January 21, people without payment information had the opportunity to receive for a weekly quest (you need to go through every week to hand over the crystals) - 50 linden. but they could not surrender their crystals , and not had earning for crystals.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/w/index.php?title=Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Realms_-_The_Search_For_Magellan&diff=1209835&oldid=1208395

11 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

When the Realms first opened, yes, they did require payment info. I think they were even restricted to premium members back then.

When they changed the rules again so that NPIOF people could only payout once a week and not earn extra from collecting crystals, most of them simply created a bunch of alts and sent different ones through the quests every day. After you've run through them a few times it doesn't take too long to do the quests  (especially for the cheats who use speed enhancers and fly override) and it takes about the same amount of time to earn L$50 from crystals anyway. So maybe LL just realised it was a bit pointless having different requirements for payout when it wasn't saving them any money or stopping people from gaming the system. 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, usagihara said:

simply created a bunch of alts and sent different ones through the quests every day. After you've run through them a few times it doesn't take too long to do the quests  (especially for the cheats who use speed enhancers and fly override) and it takes about the same amount of time to earn L$50 from crystals anyway.

Wow. this is how it was ... what a great and solid experience ... now you can share when everything is now closed...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jules Catlyn said:

So without payment info on file, you could get a maximum of 50L$ a  week? Just asking for clarification

@Quenata's link seems to suggest you now can't cash out anything unless you have payment info that has been used at least once

"You must have a payment method on file with Linden Lab and you must have used it at least once before you can use either the Daily or Weekly payout pads."

36 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

link seems to suggest you now can't cash out anything unless you have payment info that has been used at least once

It was more that i wanted to know if they got only 50L$. That amount does not get you very far in SL, rent wise or shopping wise.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Больше я хотел знать, получили ли они всего 50 л. Эта сумма не принесет вам многого в SL, с точки зрения аренды или покупок.

Yes . once a week received 50 linden until the cancellation of this earnings. and paid the rent for the house. there is a decent rent 50 linden a week, now I had to refuse

2 hours ago, Quenata said:

Yes . once a week received 50 linden until the cancellation of this earnings. and paid the rent for the house. there is a decent rent 50 linden a week, now I had to refuse

Sorry to hear that. Maybe look at other ways to make money. 50 L$ a week shouldnt be too hard to reach.

Edited by Jules Catlyn
Fixed a booboo
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:35 AM, Christina Mysterious said:

Would if they started using verification that the code had to be sent to cell phone for verification if its only used for the games in world. 

I know there are resident-owned money chairs which require anti-bot verification through your browser. I can't see LL implementing that for the realms though; games don't get much attention from the lab these days.

I got by for many years in SL without putting money into it. There are many good free avatars plenty of creators on SL don't do it for money but for fun, and even still I found it possible to make money by doing things like texture commissions for people or other services. Capitalism-Ho!

• Like 2

On 21/1/2021 at 19:12, MillenaRaphaela said:

Queremos nuestros cristales semanales sin estar obligados a tener detalles de pago, desafortunadamente no todos los jugadores tienen el privilegio de comprar tilos, necesitamos linden realms como estaban antes del mantenimiento del 21/01/2021, ya que linden lab no convierte tilos para En todos los países, los dólares son caros para nosotros y Linden Realms es nuestra única y mejor fuente de ingresos aquí, estamos pensando seriamente en renunciar a SL.

QUEREMOS nossos cristais semanais sem sermos obrigados a ter dados de pagamento, infelizmente nem todos os jogadores tem o privilegio de comprar lindens, nos precisamos da linden realms do jeito que estava antes da manuntenção do dia 21/01/2021, já que a linden lab não faz a conversão dos lindens para todos los países, o dolar esta caro para nós ea linden realms é a nossa unica e melhor fonte de renda daqui, estamos pensando seriamente em desistir do SL.

Queremos nuestros cristales semanales sin estar obligados a tener detalles de pago, lamentablemente no todos los jugadores tienen el privilegio de comprar tilos, necesitamos linden realms tal como estaban antes del mantenimiento del 21/01/2021, from linden lab no convierte tilos para todos los países, los dólares son caros para nosotros y linden realms es nuestra única y mejor fuente de ingresos aquí, estamos pensando seriamente en renunciar a SL.

antiguamente Linden realms era un juego para ganar cristales y usarlos para comprar cosas caras de sl . algunas personas  en rl somos de venezuela y  muy pobres . no tenemos dinero para comprar  lindens  con dolares .yo creo que cambiaron las reglas del juego para veneficiar a lindenlabs , varios amigos y yo estamos  pensando renunciar a SL 

• 4 weeks later...

Today PaleoQuest started a weekly payout of 50 $L for completing the 5 quests, down from 100 $L up to now.  Have not see any announcement from LL about cutting the payout in half yet.  Everything about Linden Realms and Paleoquest suggest LL is discouraging players, by making the time spent in the game not worth it.  A result of new ownership counting the pennies?

AND, Linden Realms reduced the payout for completing the 4 quests to only 25 $L per week, from 50 $L/week.  The higher payouts have been in effect since both games started.  Linden Labs must be in financial trouble if they felt they were losing too many lindens with the old payouts.

Or they just want to close down both games, since then they can sell the regions to paying customers.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.