WTH is .....

Aethelwine

5 hours ago, Rufferta said:

This looks like Route 1 in Menorpha, near Yevad Doobie's place, but it seems to be missing a few trees and plants.  Were you using advanced settings to get a better shot?

That shot is how I saw the location at the time. Thought it looked a bit strange as I had a memory there was loads of plants and tress. been back just now it looks like I had trees turned off (Ctrl + Alt + shift + 3) as elsewhere along the road it must have been quite laggy the day I was travelling 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rufferta said:

A working ice-fishing stove on the seabottom off the coast of Bellisseria. Considering the location, I would have placed a hibachi.

hibikistove.jpg

It is at Hibiki... I wouldn't have found it without the clue.. My first thought was it might be under the floating ice near "No Penguins", but no... but it didn't take too many Japanese themed water regions to find it.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hibiki/36/94/7

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

There are some repetitions in Bellisseria, but I think this lovely little place is unique. A long rezz zone infront of an oval road with a waterfall, seating and flower garden.

Snapshot_099.jpg.8af70f2ede3c6f8df7248500ba8abe01.jpg

Snapshot_100.jpg.4abf127572a595f768c5c5078e909a62.jpg

Do you know where I am?

I might except I honestly have trouble with your photos being too dark for my tired eyes to make out details. Could you maybe use a lighter wind light for this thread? :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I might except I honestly have trouble with your photos being too dark for my tired eyes to make out details. Could you maybe use a lighter wind light for this thread? :) 

I had it on my normal sunrise.. Is this midday shot better? I have upped the resolution a bit too.

Snapshot_101.jpg.3250b0b51b9d462f11c702a1d8ee52eb.jpg

Snapshot_102.jpg.291b99a99e6a85867e0be3590dfaa138.jpg

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

This is a lovely town in Heterocera that has a beautiful mix of city and country. It is flanked by rail- and road-ways, and protects a road between Route 4 & Route 5. It welcomes visitors and photographers, and is, in my opinion, one of the nicer SL Mainland communities. Where am I?

Note: The mapboard is somewhat misleading - just look for the two routes coming together. Also, Strawberry Singh blogged about this in March.

With everything going on around this little town, it is easy to overlook.

hinayatown.jpg

roadtohiraya.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
More info.
  • Like 3

I've been trying to find this spot off and on all day today because I want to visit! With the map being mostly useless, I'm not getting anywhere. I have run across some other little towns on the Atoll that I had not been aware of, so the time was still well-spent. :) 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 7:43 PM, Rufferta said:

This is a lovely town in Heterocera that has a beautiful mix of city and country. It is flanked by rail- and road-ways, and protects a road between Route 4 & Route 5. It welcomes visitors and photographers, and is, in my opinion, one of the nicer SL Mainland communities. Where am I?

Note: The mapboard is somewhat misleading - just look for the two routes coming together. Also, Strawberry Singh blogged about this in March.

With everything going on around this little town, it is easy to overlook.

hinayatown.jpg

roadtohiraya.jpg

It is Hiraya Town, it seems to cover a large area and is well worth visiting 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bedstraw/7/79/65

• Like 2

In keeping with the Japanese theme there is a nice market area next to the location I am at next with a Buddha "Collosus" overlooking it.

Snapshot_103.thumb.jpg.985c3179bc27d9b9780462c6b72257f5.jpg

and in the other direction a Pagoda over the river:

Snapshot_104.thumb.jpg.e79c633272016a92f7d29eda8fc5480e.jpg

But that location on its own is maybe a bit too obscure... so where I am and want you to find me is the region next door with this lovely old Eric Linden Bridge...

Snapshot_105.thumb.jpg.f40a01c27a96a5a845b082ceccb783fd.jpg

and behind it a Lodge of some sort?

Snapshot_106.thumb.jpg.825796b4a444db949d604c3562d48ed1.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

In keeping with the Japanese theme there is a nice market area next to the location I am at next with a Buddha "Collosus" overlooking it.

Snapshot_103.thumb.jpg.985c3179bc27d9b9780462c6b72257f5.jpg

and in the other direction a Pagoda over the river:

Snapshot_104.thumb.jpg.e79c633272016a92f7d29eda8fc5480e.jpg

But that location on its own is maybe a bit too obscure... so where I am and want you to find me is the region next door with this lovely old Eric Linden Bridge...

Snapshot_105.thumb.jpg.f40a01c27a96a5a845b082ceccb783fd.jpg

and behind it a Lodge of some sort?

Snapshot_106.thumb.jpg.825796b4a444db949d604c3562d48ed1.jpg

Nepessing, in front of KIYOMIZU!

Region next door is called Bear.

I live nearby lol

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Nepessing, in front of KIYOMIZU!

I live nearby lol

Yay well done you got the part I thought was going to be hard... why I included the info hub next door!

Since you got it right it is your turn to post some photos of you at a location for us to find!

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Pardon my quick derail but I just want to thank @Aethelwine for starting this thread. It's my favorite! I love testing my knowledge of Mainland, and when I'm stumped, that means I've got a new place to explore. Fun! :D 

I have spent hour after hour exploring due to this thread.

• Like 4

Just wanted to add to the thanks to Aethelwine for starting this topic. I have gotten frustrated sometimes looking for a place that "I'm sure I've seen that somewhere!" but have also found new interesting places in the process. 

Edited by Rufferta
  • Like 3