WTH is .....

Aethelwine

11 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

This is the Dongyeongiu to Seoraksan tunnel in Jeogeot. The tunnel is transparent, and there are all kinds of interesting things in the water outside. (That's not my avatar.)

secrobotjeogeotondlife-postcard.jpg

Correct! I used to have a little parcel down there in the Eup portion of the route, and I put a mermaid home on it. :) 

• Like 2

Speaking of mermaids....here's my next one. If you are sailing by you might not be aware of the ruins underwater (or the giant squid). Clue: T. S. Eliot's "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats."

Statues by Earthy Mole.

Apologies - the second photo was taken in Griddlebone, a region next to Macavity. Griddlebone is a (sometimes) character in "Cats", depending on the version of the screenplay.

mccavity.jpg

mccavity?.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
lack of sense of direction
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Correct! I used to have a little parcel down there in the Eup portion of the route, and I put a mermaid home on it. :) 

There was a small plot for sale, right up next to The Tube, with protected land on another side.  The price was right.  It's mine now.  😄   Plus The Tube window adjacent to the parcel is one of the ones that you can walk through to get into and out of The Tube.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Am I the only one who likes to hangout inside her car on this bridge?

ER_001.thumb.jpeg.110a63254f347cd82298e15cb9137e66.jpegER_002.thumb.jpeg.6660b17aff7146197fd260fe317911fb.jpeg

Lovely photos of the bridge to Shermerville.

I think I have only been across it once in my car, but detoured under it countless times in my boat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Rufferta said:

Speaking of mermaids....here's my next one. If you are sailing by you might not be aware of the ruins underwater (or the giant squid). Clue: T. S. Eliot's "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats."

Statues by Earthy Mole.

(Still playing with camera settings - TOR Pretty Placid water & Fluffy Big Clouds sky, if you are interested.)

mccavity.jpg

mccavity?.jpg

It is in McCavity, the Underwater World Ruin

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Macavity/75/197/27

Snapshot_027.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

There was a small plot for sale, right up next to The Tube, with protected land on another side.  The price was right.  It's mine now.  😄   Plus The Tube window adjacent to the parcel is one of the ones that you can walk through to get into and out of The Tube.

I hadn't actually looked at the surface, and I didn't know there was a side entrance, but it looks like a lovely area. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

This old (Eric Linden - April 2004) highway comes to an abrupt end.... but where is it?

Snapshot_077.jpg.ec92f358b202a069f5b81a1daa9c9e34.jpg

Maybe a tip is in order.. That date for construction predates the Atoll by a year.... This map shows what was around in 2004 and will narrow it down:

Snapshot_078.jpg.8840521ca68a8523c76b7db3e86c0938.jpg

Ps if you haven't already visited it the New Kadath Lighthouse Art Gallery has a fascinating selection of old maps:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/New Kadath/36/38/23

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Maybe a tip is in order.. That date for construction predates the Atoll by a year.... This map shows what was around in 2004 and will narrow it down:

Snapshot_078.jpg.8840521ca68a8523c76b7db3e86c0938.jpg

Ps if you haven't already visited it the New Kadath Lighthouse Art Gallery has a fascinating selection of old maps:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/New Kadath/36/38/23

THIS dead end appears to be in Hotel - 202/95/28.

• Like 3