WTH is .....

Aethelwine

On 5/2/2021 at 4:52 AM, Rabid Cheetah said:

87799918_ForWTHIs_003.thumb.png.4b60c92bb77a3f1a545cb8c58ef501c0.png

65559320_ForWTHIs_006.thumb.png.d396760e8b41dee77e29bc678af0ab17.png

I believe that is the Boat Rezzing Area in Lappi, a Region in what some call "The Sharp Continent".  74/167/22. Thank you, I had not been aware of the Linden Oil Rig - it is interesting to visit.

1511240732_Oilriginbleusharp.jpg.583855cd4871551383fbe5cc39359679.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

It’s on Nautilius.  Magellan Linden’s drilling/boring tool I think?

Yes, on Nautilus - Mysehi.

What a blast from the past :) 

Claire did get it in the post after mine but she has a style of giving answers in the form of questions which can be a bit deceptive.

Going to have another go looking for Rufferta's volcano. It is frustrating when you are sure you have seen it but can't work out where.

• Like 3

On 5/5/2021 at 5:40 PM, Rufferta said:

Here's another view of the volcanic plug in Bellisseria. From the location, I thought I would find porridge on the top, but no - it was mashed potatoes.

mashedpotatohill.jpg

I just worked out the clue!

The mashed potatoes are in Birch Hill, but one of the 4 convergent regions is Porridge pot!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Birch Hill/4/253/108

• Like 3

On 5/9/2021 at 5:39 AM, Aethelwine said:

So I am now at a still functional destination from 2006... A NCI outpost in the background (of the third photo) and rezz zone for boats.

Snapshot_052.thumb.jpg.8b2ab3bd6bc824b0a1ff1131ae98228a.jpg

Snapshot_053.thumb.jpg.87af442614d3ac837285bc4bed679884.jpg

Snapshot_054.thumb.jpg.8a6f31a33e09907c18b86ec29789b04e.jpg

But where am I?

This is Hyles Swamp Infohub - Hyles 33/27/21 - 

• Like 3

According to the Destination Guide, this place is "Newcomer Friendly" - but, I have to add, according to the sign, only for one gender.*

Anyway, it is in Corsica. Where am I?

-----------

*I am inclined to dislike places that are 'gender exclusive'. One amusement park I visited recently had a sign "No adult male unaccompanied by a child"...what?  So if I identify as male and want to visit I have to borrow a Zooby baby?

Besides, in SL we can be whatever we want to be, so who knows what evil lurks inside this innocent kitty facade?

thestation3.jpg

thestation2.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
better picture, I hope
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Sign not readable

Here's the sign. I should add that any private club or organization has the right to exclude whomever they want; however, they should not be listed under "Newcomer Friendly". 

women only.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, Rufferta said:

Here's the sign. I should add that any private club or organization has the right to exclude whomever they want; however, they should not be listed under "Newcomer Friendly".

It may not be their fault. I once visited a fantasy rp sim and had a chat with the owenrs. When I mentioned they were listed as newcoemr friendly in the destination guide, they got p***ed and told me they ahd asked LL several times to change it.

• Like 4

On 5/13/2021 at 12:34 AM, Elena Core said:

This is a forest located in a small continent, named after a very popular novel. 

LewisForestmu.PNG

lewisforestable.PNG

This is Lewis Forest, in Lewis, on a Continent that I call Sharp. A lovely collection of 'Mad Tea Party' objects set the scene.

• Like 4

I was intrigued by a unique building that seemed to have a large rotating snowball on top. Empty bottles indicate that festivity has been taking place, as is also indicated by the descriptions on the ice couches.  Where am I?

(Brent Linden and a group called Blue Snow!, December 2008).

empty bottles.jpg

this couch is not.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Rufferta said:

I was intrigued by a unique building that seemed to have a large rotating snowball on top. Empty bottles indicate that festivity has been taking place, as is also indicated by the descriptions on the ice couches.  Where am I?

empty bottles.jpg

Aww, I've been there! But ummm... that was in Real Life, does that count?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2021 at 12:35 PM, Rufferta said:

empty bottles.jpg

this couch is not.jpg

Clues - it is not too far from a scandalous snow sculpture "Frosty the SnowPimp".....and an Infohub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2021 at 5:49 PM, Rufferta said:

Clues - it is not too far from a scandalous snow sculpture "Frosty the SnowPimp".....and an Infohub.

A bit surprised no one else got it.... it is here:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zermatt/237/99/81

I always like the Snow man band, but I can't find the Scandalous Pimp

Snapshot_130.thumb.jpg.ef2507902927bb3fa37413e6d589dc48.jpg

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 4