WTH is .....

Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Here's a cute little village with some interesting critters. Where am I?

(Edited to add: This is a Mole build.)

Snapshot_001.png

Barney's Bay in south Jeogeot, love it there lots of interesting things in the town square businesses 

I stopped off for a bite to eat on my travels, Where am i?

metoday_0090_005_edited.jpg.d957d000ba430afeedeabfac7cc4dccf.jpg

• Like 2

I am now going back in time to before moles.. this is resident made...

Notice the Banana on the table? the creation date for it is June 4 2002..Snapshot_080.jpg.142c00897141ead943008a34b7ca84c6.jpg

Older than that of course is the beach ball in our libraries from 29 April 2002. I think the oldest object in SL apart from something Maddeleine McCann has that I forgotten what it is... Anyway it is an old banana... and probably past its best.

Another view from outside to help locate it:Snapshot_081.jpg.1ff75194878c3f07428f3ab1fc02af32.jpg 

Edit to add, from the notecard the oldest object in SL is a 5 Cent piece Maddeleine McCann has,  from February 11, 2002. The Banana isn't actually included in the list, but is older than most other items that are included. 

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I am now going back in time to before moles.. this is resident made...

Notice the Banana on the table? the creation date for it is June 4 2002..Snapshot_080.jpg.142c00897141ead943008a34b7ca84c6.jpg

Older than that of course is the beach ball in our libraries from 29 April 2002. I think the oldest object in SL apart from something Maddeleine McCann has that I forgotten what it is... Anyway it is an old banana... and probably past its best.

Another view from outside to help locate it:Snapshot_081.jpg.1ff75194878c3f07428f3ab1fc02af32.jpg 

Edit to add, from the notecard the oldest object in SL is a 5 Cent piece Maddeleine McCann has,  from February 11, 2002. The Banana isn't actually included in the list, but is older than most other items that are included. 

Welsh Island in Welsh 91/30/22

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rufferta said:

Starax Statosky Snowman Statue in a Linden-run shopping center. Where am I?

Lunaoaksshopping.jpg

It is at the Luna Oaks Galleria Mall

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Luna/95/73/23

The buildings in the Mall and landscaping all still look very attractive. The shops themselves look like they have been there 10 years and nothing done with them since. I wonder if they are still all paying tier\rent for them? or if the Lindens have just forgotten about the place?

• Like 2

With this next Region it needs to be clarified that I am including it here as part of how I described the scope of the thread at the outset, ie regions contiguous with mainland, not solely those with a mainland covenant.

It is another Starax Statosky statue from 2004, in private ownership and not on a region that would have been around at the time. The location has however been there a long time, and well known. The picture hints at its function.

Snapshot_082.jpg.0b9c9ff8293003db876de13e5014df86.jpg

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

With this next Region it needs to be clarified that I am including it here as part of how I described the scope of the thread at the outset, ie regions contiguous with mainland, not solely those with a mainland covenant.

It is another Starax Statosky statue from 2004, in private ownership and not on a region that would have been around at the time. The location has however been there a long time, and well known. The picture hints at its function.

Snapshot_082.jpg.0b9c9ff8293003db876de13e5014df86.jpg

Hollywood - 125/116/24.  BTW. I found a wonderful collection of Starax sculptures, and other art, at the Aho Museum on NMC Campus.

• Like 2

Speaking of art, here is a gallery that is slowly fading away now that the original artists are gone. There used to be multiple sky platforms, sandwiched one over another, but some of them have disappeared entirely, and some are starting to disappear. The Sculpture Gallery is still intact, though, and parts of the Alien Jungle. 

Mainland may sometimes look deserted, but you never know what you will find up in the sky.

('Age of Sorcery' day cycle from library.)

scarpylandfromsurface.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rufferta said:

Speaking of art, here is a gallery that is slowly fading away now that the original artists are gone. There used to be multiple sky platforms, sandwiched one over another, but some of them have disappeared entirely, and some are starting to disappear. The Sculpture Gallery is still intact, though, and parts of the Alien Jungle. 

Mainland may sometimes look deserted, but you never know what you will find up in the sky.

('Age of Sorcery' day cycle from library.)

scarpylandfromsurface.jpg

It is in Pennyroyal. I would never have found it without searching for the Scarp Godenot Gallery.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pennyroyal/145/113/96

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I came across this the other day. Before Bellisseria, Horizons and even Bay City the Lindens had experimented with enforcing a design theme here:

Snapshot_083.jpg.091ad9240d1e1901982f83ec2c42683d.jpg

But where am I?

Well, you are not where I thought you were. I mean, there's a supply store where I looked, but it's not the right one. lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I came across this the other day. Before Bellisseria, Horizons and even Bay City the Lindens had experimented with enforcing a design theme here:

Snapshot_083.jpg.091ad9240d1e1901982f83ec2c42683d.jpg

But where am I?

De Haro, 244/136/22 - there are several other Supply Stores and Campground signs on De Haro. I wonder what it was like here when people were camping?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rufferta said:

De Haro, 244/136/22 - there are several other Supply Stores and Campground signs on De Haro. I wonder what it was like here when people were camping?

Aha, I was on De Haro, but at the wrong store/sign spot. I didn't look around to see if there were more!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.