WTH is .....

Aethelwine

1 minute ago, Rufferta said:

Finally found it! Beatrice 149/178/34 in Nautilus. This is Route 12 - there is another U-turn on the other end, I think.

YES!  It's the Beatrice Turnaround, was one of the few places listed in a very old Linden online guide to roads (I can no longer find this guide), and does have another turn-around at the other end.  On a personal note, I once owned land here, and at the other end, a rather long time ago.  Both places featured amusement parks.  Now there is a GTFO place run by a friend who's had that parcel before GTFO even existed (and before I'd had a spot in Beatrice), and my favorite carousel.  #Memories

• Like 3

Another broken bridge? How do drivers manage?

(This is not the bridge with the monument to Cooter, this is the bridge with, currently, the Giant Snail and Giant Snail Sign.)

It's in Sansara.

BTW, the Linden Road Community has produced a "Where Am I?" bracelet to help you determine your location. It works the same way as other "Continent Locators" but your avatar doesn't go around carrying a can....

anotherbrokenbridge.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

BTW, the Linden Road Community has produced a "Where Am I?" bracelet to help you determine your location. It works the same way as other "Continent Locators" but your avatar doesn't go around carrying a can....

What is this group? I can't find it in search, and would like one of the bracelets. :) 

EDIT: Never mind, I think I found it. Search is so unfriendly sometimes...

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What is this group? I can't find it in search, and would like one of the bracelets. :) 

EDIT: Never mind, I think I found it. Search is so unfriendly sometimes...

They are now in the Friendship Forest Area, along with the Protected Route Interest Group. Menorpha 191/44/43 - Asadora Summers made the bracelet and distributed it to Linden Roads Community group members. My copy is marked "no transfer" but I'm sure she would be glad to send you one if you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

They are now in the Friendship Forest Area, along with the Protected Route Interest Group. Menorpha 191/44/43 - Asadora Summers made the bracelet and distributed it to Linden Roads Community group members. My copy is marked "no transfer" but I'm sure she would be glad to send you one if you want.

I got one, thank you! 

• Like 1

A continent detector script is how I got a feel for the world when I was new.  I was always thinking "But where *am* I in this world?"  I think I found the script in the Second Life wiki, and used it to make a script in the backpack Female Student has in the inventory Library.  Every time I teleported:  "You are in Corsica."  "You are in Sansara."  "You are in the Western Ocean."  etc.

If you don't use a Library item, be sure to put the script in a *copy*.  You don't want to permanently alter the original item.

Edited by LibGwen
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rufferta said:

Another broken bridge? How do drivers manage?

(This is not the bridge with the monument to Cooter, this is the bridge with, currently, the Giant Snail and Giant Snail Sign.)

It's in Sansara.

anotherbrokenbridge.jpg

The animated snail overlooking you there is a bit of a surprise when you first notice movement!

It is in Fujin

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fujin/149/82/28 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

This place looks like it has seen better days but still seems to be fulfilling its purpose, but where am I?

Snapshot_061.thumb.jpg.6a4e9239d7edbcb33f932db8a5fb3cfd.jpg

Snapshot_062.thumb.jpg.727e6f607b10a1434861aa59c20850b4.jpg

This is the Braunworth Infohub in Braunworth 98/140/18.  An adjoining parcel "*under construction*", is turning into quite a nice reconstruction of a downtown urban area.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rufferta said:

This is the Braunworth Infohub in Braunworth 98/140/18.  An adjoining parcel "*under construction*", is turning into quite a nice reconstruction of a downtown urban area.

Some of the walls don't seem to be textured, the souvenir shop empty, I wonder if the hub has always been like that, it is old and is intended to look run down... or whether it has suffered a bit over the years with corrupted textures and prims vanishing. 

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Sad 1

From the Coastal Waterway side this cave doesn't look very deep - when I looked more carefully I found out that there is a back section with ammunition boxes and a Misty Moleteddy. 

Note: Two out of three times I've stopped by, other residents have been inside, so knock first...

secondlifepicture.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Rufferta said:

From the Coastal Waterway side this cave doesn't look very deep - when I looked more carefully I found out that there is a back section with ammunition boxes and a Misty Moleteddy. 

Note: Two out of three times I've stopped by, other residents have been inside, so knock first...

secondlifepicture.jpg

That was tricky to find... Iapetos

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Iapetos/72/121/21

Snapshot_063.thumb.jpg.b7691a372a713928bb656c56e1230156.jpgSnapshot_065.thumb.jpg.93c898940e1f28a4e322582d8327a9ff.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

That's not Blake Sea - Windlass is it? i remember something like that there

It is Windlass, well done! 

Hiding things in plain sight, are often the best way to get people to overlook them. I have been sailing around there regularly for years and only just recently looked behind the waterfall.

It is your turn now to get us searching 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Having managed to find a location where might this be?

WhereIsThis_002_edited.thumb.jpg.bf982845b55cc28d2e2b13d500c3b3ea.jpg

The Butterfly House in Clearwing, another favorite spot. :)  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Clearwing/112/239/34

EDIT: Or maybe not? I'm seeing a tile floor there, not wood. I will wait for confirmation before posting a new one! I'll be very happy if it turns out there is a clone of the Clearwing one! ❤️ 

Snapshot_001.png

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Having managed to find a location where might this be?

WhereIsThis_002_edited.thumb.jpg.bf982845b55cc28d2e2b13d500c3b3ea.jpg

Dokkaebi 236/124/66 - Garden Mole's Butterfly House on Route 9 in Jeogeot.

24 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The Butterfly House in Clearwing, another favorite spot. :)  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Clearwing/112/239/34

EDIT: Or maybe not? I'm seeing a tile floor there, not wood. I will wait for confirmation before posting a new one! I'll be very happy if it turns out there is a clone of the Clearwing one! ❤️ 

Snapshot_001.png

I was just posting that that the first picture was Garden Mole's Butterfly House in Dokkaebi, Route 9. Jeogeot. I didn't know thee was a clone in Clearwing!  Can we both post a new location?

• Like 3

Thank you, Sylvia.

This one is seasonal. I used a freebie bunny avatar to hop around and explore. Many of the landscape items give out freebies, and if you fly up to the top of a tower, the bird nest will give you a small chick. 

easterbunny1.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rufferta said:

Thank you, Sylvia.

This one is seasonal. I used a freebie bunny avatar to hop around and explore. Many of the landscape items give out freebies, and if you fly up to the top of a tower, the bird nest will give you a small chick. 

easterbunny1.jpg

It is the top of the tower in project Kapor Rosedale, specifically in Rosedale.

Snapshot_072.thumb.jpg.10a27b97b2e6fced4488ab130d8071ac.jpg