WTH is .....

Aethelwine

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

OK, here's a pretty easy one I think, but it's a place I really like so I'm posting it anyway:

Snapshot_003.png

The roller coaster gives it away for me :)

The Lighthouse is in Davis Gulf with the view over the bay to Hairy Hippo Fun Land Rollercoaster and Oak Bay Aquariums... It is great area.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Davis Gulf/182/82/39

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

The roller coaster gives it away for me :)

The Lighthouse is in Davis Gulf with the view over the bay to Hairy Hippo Fun Land Rollercoaster and Oak Bay Aquariums... It is great area.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Davis Gulf/182/82/39

And a little strip of land where I can't decide what to build.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

LOL it really is a favorite area; I've owned several parcels around there over the years. And that reminded me of this one:

Snapshot_001.png

Maybe I need to add a hint. This mole-made drawbridge is not far from the farmers' market shown above. :) 

I haven't checked lately, but it used to be that you could ride a pod from the land onto this bridge, where the pod would turn into a boat, sail you right off the side of the bridge, and off across the water on a lovely long tour!

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Maybe I need to add a hint. This mole-made drawbridge is not far from the farmers' market shown above. :) 

I haven't checked lately, but it used to be that you could ride a pod from the land onto this bridge, where the pod would turn into a boat, sail you right off the side of the bridge, and off across the water on a lovely long tour!

I went to bed and been to work since you posted it... a bit surprised no one else got it... anyway that lovely little bridge is here in Bogatanta:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bogatanta/157/220/22

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Are you at Ethereal Slate? :) 

Yes! Part of Jopsy Pendragon's Particle\Vehicle laboratory complex.  The train Service the GSLR.

It is a fun place, I remember going there to try to learn about particles and vehicles - always had fond memories of the place.

It is like a builder's playground

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This swimming pool was the site of a tinies protest in 2019. Where is it?

Snapshot_001.png

This is Governor Linden's Mansion in Clementina (176/10/51). There is some history information in the basement.

• Like 3

This cathedral has a private owner, but has long allowed public entry. It is in "The color sims", where you can terraform your land 40+ or 40-. (Such tools should not have been put in the hands of mere mortals..)

Can you find it amidst the spires and potholes?

mocha.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

This cathedral has a private owner, but has long allowed public entry. It is in "The color sims", where you can terraform your land 40+ or 40-. (Such tools should not have been put in the hands of mere mortals..)

Can you find it amidst the spires and potholes?

mocha.jpg

It is Mocha Cathedral, it looks like it has been there since 2004

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mocha/194/183/41

• Like 1

From the Sublime to the Sordid... the lady in this Grotto must have been the height of early SL sexuality, Hot and Sin!. She and the Grotto are from the hot summer of 2003.

But where am I?

Snapshot_039.jpg.30932dd970d210948af28c93fb9c6be9.jpg

The odd building above the Grotto looks like it has been partly damaged by random prim return over the years.

Edited by Aethelwine

To help a bit, the date and context of the Grotto narrows it down to being in one of the 8 mature regions from the 50 that would have been around then and it not being in the Outlands narrows it down it down even further.

This map from June 2003 might help

june-2003.jpg

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Yes! Part of Jopsy Pendragon's Particle\Vehicle laboratory complex.  The train Service the GSLR.

It is a fun place, I remember going there to try to learn about particles and vehicles - always had fond memories of the place.

It is like a builder's playground

Slurl?