WTH is .....

Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

Yes - thanks for the clue about "Please think of the Hippos!" - The underwater dome is Perugia Rez Zone,  by Garden Mole. 

It is worth visiting... the other statues around it don't really show properly in my photo, but they are fun :)

• Like 2

Clue: I can never visit this place without remembering the story by Terry Pratchett, as referenced in ispace "The only excitement in Al-Ybi occurred when the greedy Seriph of the city was cursed by a dyslexic diety so that everything he touched turned into "glod". Glod was a blameless dwarf in a far off mountain community who found herself being dragged to Al-Ybi and relentlessly duplicated. Over two thousand Glods later, the curse wore off. To this day, the people of Al-Ybi have a reputation for being both bad-tempered and short in stature."

midas.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
Spellcheck wants to turn "Glod" into "Good"....
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rufferta said:

Clue: I can never visit this place without remembering the story by Terry Pratchett, as referenced in ispace "The only excitement in Al-Ybi occurred when the greedy Seriph of the city was cursed by a dyslexic diety so that everything he touched turned into "glod". Glod was a blameless dwarf in a far off mountain community who found herself being dragged to Al-Ybi and relentlessly duplicated. Over two thousand Glods later, the curse wore off. To this day, the people of Al-Ybi have a reputation for being both bad-tempered and short in stature."

midas.jpg

It is in Marmara:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Marmara/136/158/10

Fun location, lots to see and explore around there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

That small island between Belli-Fishtown and Pryri ("Moordor").  Slurl forthcoming once I get in SL again.

Correct! Technically known as the Pyri Peaks Funfair Dock. The boat takes you from the island across to the Pyri Funfair, an old haunted amusement park courtesy of the Moles. 

• Like 2

This is a Michael Linden build. Until today I hadn't noticed the "Corn Field Prize" beside it.

This is my 'games' alt - Ruffertasalt, who is impatiently waiting to go back to the latest MadPea game.

griefcontainmentpoolcecropia.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
Second thoughts, as always.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

This is the Pyri Box Office, in Pyri at the end of Route 3A. You can pick up a ticket for the start of your journey to the Pyri FunFair.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pyri/75/74/115

By the Great Wall of China, though I was one of the last of the folks sticking to a Chinese/Asian theme, and I left a few years ago.  Officially it's the Great Wall of Second Life.  And yep, the Pyri Box office leads to the Pyri FunFair (they're two different regions, not near each other).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rufferta said:

This is a Michael Linden build. Until today I hadn't noticed the "Corn Field Prize" beside it.

This is my 'games' alt - Ruffertasalt, who is impatiently waiting to go back to the latest MadPea game.

griefcontainmentpoolcecropia.jpg

It is the Grief Containment pond at Cecropia 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cecropia/145/109/23

It is a curious place the pipe the leads into it runs all the way to the Prim Oil rig where prims are dropped in to the other end of the pipe unless you pull a lever there and for a while crystals come out instead.

• Like 3

I have found my way to an Explorers Information Centre on a steep bit of path\road well away from the old world continents of the Atoll and Sansara.Snapshot_032.jpg.e473d4bcff4a2ae9c1c77c1d428c5b4b.jpg

Do you know where I am?

Hint, if you look closely you can actually see the road number, but if you look for it on the Linden Dept for Public Works Roads page on the wiki you won't find it because the page hasn't been updated in so long... but if you look under the road network directory for the continent, you will find the road.

Edited by Aethelwine
To add a hint

9 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

It is the Grief Containment pond at Cecropia 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cecropia/145/109/23

It is a curious place the pipe the leads into it runs all the way to the Prim Oil rig where prims are dropped in to the other end of the pipe unless you pull a lever there and for a while crystals come out instead.

If you walk into the pipe entrance, you'll eventually get blocked.

blocked_001.thumb.png.1756203f7e4775736fbcd533d908b9ab.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

If you walk into the pipe entrance, you'll eventually get blocked.

blocked_001.thumb.png.1756203f7e4775736fbcd533d908b9ab.png

You are very brave exploring down there, I hope you wore more protective gear getting there. 

That grief under containment pond does make me wonder what they are doing and the impact of that green coloured industrial waste. 

In my naive and idealistic mind I had thought prims were eco friendly building materials with no negative environmental consequences, but the grief containment pond tells a different and more troubling story I think we all deserve to know more about. 

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I have found my way to an Explorers Information Centre on a steep bit of path\road well away from the old world continents of the Atoll and Sansara.Snapshot_032.jpg.e473d4bcff4a2ae9c1c77c1d428c5b4b.jpg

Do you know where I am?

Hint, if you look closely you can actually see the road number, but if you look for it on the Linden Dept for Public Works Roads page on the wiki you won't find it because the page hasn't been updated in so long... but if you look under the road network directory for the continent, you will find the road.

This is the Explorer's Information Center on Route 12 in Tyranus, Nautils (151/31/54).  I love the 3-D trail map inside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.