I want to get a COMPLETE mesh avatar, from head to toe all at once:)

Calinerie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok lovely people, feel free to make fun of me but i'll be really honest here. I can't learn mesh, no matter how hard I've tried. The head, the applier, this and that. It's giving me headaches and i just feel dumb for not being able to figure it out. I can learn Japanese and Korean but, I can't wrap my head around this. I have a real problem understanding it. It gets too upsetting. I feel invalid. 

So my request is fairly simple: I want to buy a complete female classy avatar, mesh, that has it all: head, skin, shape, and whatever it includes, even hair. I want to buy one avatar that is ready to use, without any troubles. You rez it, you got it.  All that'll be left to do for me is to get clothes!  Is that possible or am i being a fool?

Now could someone kindly point me to a shop, a vendor, that sell it so i can enjoy sl again? I was absent for years and now with the pandemic i find myself with some free time and a desire to be active again.

I'd be forever grateful for such a nice person:)

Thank you!!

Edited by Calinerie

Slink has Slink Physique Original or their Hourglass body bundles which contain everything except the head and hair. However Slink also sell mesh heads, a selection of hair, shoes, and some clothes.  So you could walk out of one store with everything you need, all made to work together.  

46 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

That looks good but to the OP -- before you purchase ANY body - head - skin - hair (or all in one) be SURE and see if there are clothes that fit the body. There are some very nice free bodies out there and even some complete (no hair) avatars but the issue is getting clothes for them.   So that was just a warning as I am assuming you are new. I didn't check, so if you already knew that --- my apologies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Calinerie said:

You rez it, you got it.

There is no such perfect avatar. One reason is that mesh bodies and heads are controlled by HUDs ( heads-up displays). Some bodies and heads come even with more than one HUD. More about HUDs. The screenshot below shows the Maitreya's mesh body main HUD. The HUDs of other mesh brands look more or less similar. If you don't know what the buttons and settings mean, you will be lost. Anyway, don't give up. To use mesh bodies and heads in daily SL life you only need to know some basics. I can help you inworld, if you want.

huds1.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

If you're familiar with using alpha layers with a classic system body, choosing a mesh body and head which are BOM (Bakes on Mesh) enabled will mean you can continue to use alpha layers with clothing and not have to mess with all the alpha slots in HUD's. 

You can also wear system layers and tattoo layers that you might have for a classic system body on a BOM mesh body, instead of having to learn about appliers. 

24 minutes ago, Calinerie said:

I'm lost already, i don't even know what most people means.

Sighs, i'm just gonna stick to classic, my mind is overloaded when it comes to this. 

Thanks everyone though!!

I'd go with @colleen Criss.  Body and head under 1700.  And from that blog post

We are already at version 3.0 of the Anya body, which I have found to be 99% compatible with apparel and footwear designed for Maitreya Lara mesh bodies (the only area where I have sometimes encountered problems is the wrist area on certain long-sleeved tops).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Calinerie said:

Ok lovely people, feel free to make fun of me but i'll be really honest here. I can't learn mesh, no matter how hard I've tried. The head, the applier, this and that. It's giving me headaches and i just feel dumb for not being able to figure it out. I can learn Japanese and Korean but, I can't wrap my head around this. I have a real problem understanding it. It gets too upsetting. I feel invalid. 

So my request is fairly simple: I want to buy a complete female classy avatar, mesh, that has it all: head, skin, shape, and whatever it includes, even hair. I want to buy one avatar that is ready to use, without any troubles. You rez it, you got it.  All that'll be left to do for me is to get clothes!  Is that possible or am i being a fool?

Now could someone kindly point me to a shop, a vendor, that sell it so i can enjoy sl again? I was absent for years and now with the pandemic i find myself with some free time and a desire to be active again.

I'd be forever grateful for such a nice person:)

Thank you!!

Go into your inventory, scroll to library > clothing> initial outfits and select one of the female names, right click on that folder and choose replace current outfit.  Try Amy she is cute.

1 hour ago, Calinerie said:

Sighs, i'm just gonna stick to classic, my mind is overloaded when it comes to this. 

Thanks everyone though!!

when you have several people explaining it, you will become lost.  There is no simple answer though.

6 hours ago, Calinerie said:

You could get a complete avatar off the MP, but I don't think it advisable. The way clothes are being made, they are only fitted to certain bodies - Maitreya by far being the most popular example. The bodies of those complete avatars barely have any clothes made for them at all, which would severely limit your style and expression down the line.

It may feel overwhelming, but it really is fairly simple once you're set up. It absolutely is worth the effort of getting there, if your avatar's appearance is a concern to you. 

A better approach than buying a full avatar, is to buy a shape that looks appealing to you that includes a style card. That way, you'll just have to wear the shape and the 'style card' will be your shopping list for which head, body, skin, make-up, and hair that you need to look like the person in the ad. Mind, getting everything in one go can have a price tag which some may find off-putting.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

That looks good but to the OP -- before you purchase ANY body - head - skin - hair (or all in one) be SURE and see if there are clothes that fit the body. There are some very nice free bodies out there and even some complete (no hair) avatars but the issue is getting clothes for them.   So that was just a warning as I am assuming you are new. I didn't check, so if you already knew that --- my apologies. 

Kalhene is fine (one of my alts has it). It fits most Maitreya clothing and Maitreya shoes. On top of that, it includes petite and flat chest options already included, these fit clothes made for Maitreya Petite and Maitreya Flat as well as V-tech (may be some clipping around the back with V-tech clothes but as long as it's not a bikini, alpha layers or the hud can deal with that).  It's a really nice body and a great deal, IMO.

• Like 4

My opinion: only go for a full "all-in-one" avatar if you really never-ever under no circumstances and for no money in the world want to change the slightest detail about your look.

And do stay away from cheapies or substitutes which need tweaking and fiddling for way too common "let's see if this fits" and "I only need to jump seven loops and two rings of fire". I'd rather stay in old system attire than opt for such heaps of workarounds.

Rather keep playing with the demos of well-supported and well-documented mesh components - my personal choice would be a LeLutka head (new ones coming on Jan 15th) and Maitreya Lara body - to get the hang of them.

You can easily skip all the stuff about appliers, no need for them anymore, and you'll soon find that stuff is just like dressing up before. Just another onion layer inbetween, that's basically all about it.

No idea why hair should be such a huge problem, though. 

16 hours ago, Calinerie said:

Thanks everyone though!!

stay at your systembody, the thing you want wont work, or won't bring any satisfaction.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Calinerie said:

Thanks everyone though!!

I evolved into a human. For so long I was a plant sprout, then a tree, then an insect (butterfly)...finally evolving into animal avatars. But now....I'm trying out the world of humanity!  :)

Really, it's not that hard. First (and this is very important), once you've made your purchase take off everything so you don't have a helmet head of system hair like I did for 30 minutes. Then, open the box purchased from the link Colleen posted that includes a head and a body. Drag your body, head, and shape from inventory onto your avatar. Choose a skin tone. You're most of the way there at this point, and the rest is little details applied from a rezzed HUD (fingernail color, lip gloss) or from our typical system sliders that we could always choose to alter our face and body shape.

What I especially like with the mesh body is all the choice in clothes now. Really, it took me longer trying to find something that would fit a system body on the MP  (I never really did though the old clothes must be somewhere on the MP) than it did to create a mesh one. So far all clothes I've purchased labeled as working for Maitreya fit the system Colleen linked to at Ryan's website.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.