Any good sandboxes to use?

LordHappycat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I normally use my skybox as a private sandbox, even though it's 90 prims, no furnishings. So I'll get the bot of my parcel's office IMing me now and then when separate objects take up prims that exceed that amount. But maybe to have an alternative, is there any good solid sandboxes to use? At least ones that don't have a chance of people making giant buildings in them, using vehicles and spamming gestures? Oh and preferably one that isn't prone to being targeted by griefers.

Thanks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LordHappycat said:

I normally use my skybox as a private sandbox, even though it's 90 prims, no furnishings. So I'll get the bot of my parcel's office IMing me now and then when separate objects take up prims that exceed that amount. But maybe to have an alternative, is there any good solid sandboxes to use? At least ones that don't have a chance of people making giant buildings in them, using vehicles and spamming gestures? Oh and preferably one that isn't prone to being targeted by griefers.

Thanks.

Skybeam has been one I've used for years.  When I first started, it was where I opened boxes and such and have never had an issue there.  

• Like 1

I've used Electra a couple of times :) There's also a nice one called Puppy I discovered last month. 

I probably use Sandbox Island the most. Despite its reputation, the days of it being a madhouse are long gone, since they turned off scripts in most of it. But if you like privacy, you might want to consider somewhere smaller or more obscure.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Horus Salubrius said:

I always go to Ivory Tower .. and they have a sky box you can rezz too .. or Builder's Brewery,  but it can get busy there. 

I use Ivory Tower too. It's not especially quiet -- you can meet odd people there occasionally. In fact, and speaking of odd people, I ran into Horus there not too long ago. And Maddy likes hanging out there sometimes with the intent of meeting interesting people. A couple of weeks ago, I ran across a couple of women racing around there on motorbikes, and one of them IMed me to let me know she was a forum lurker and recognized me from this place.

I can only think of once in the past couple of years when I experienced anything resembling "griefing" at Ivory Tower though -- someone let off some fireworks in a backdrop I was setting up. So it's a pretty good place to use.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

-- you can meet odd people there occasionally.

yes .. I met some child twins there once, freaked me out .. but kinda in a good way ( except the bit where they threatened to kill me if I didn't play with them ... 😕  )

and yes, totally random running into you there ! 

Edited by Horus Salubrius
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Horus Salubrius said:

I met some child twins there once, freaked me out .. but kinda in a good way ( except the bit where they threatened to kill me if I didn't play with them ... 😕  )

Did they look like this?

2e1c0165442285dfe1aee63d95dc3c84.jpg

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

The sandbox in Kowloon is a bit obscure and secluded, you just need to join the group neokowloon net (no join fee). The rez area is not a wide parcel, but I can guarantee you that it is very safe from griefers and you can unpack boxes and do your business peacefully. Just be responsible for your mess as there is no auto-return.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/kowloon/25/63/26

• Thanks 1

I use Builder's Brewery almost exclusively. VERY stable. Lots of space. Expertly managed by volunteers who know what they are doing. I've used a lot of sandboxes over the years, and BB is the best. How good, you might ask? So much so that that I actually regularly donate money for the sim. I don't have too, but these kind of places are the life blood for builders. Oh did I mention they have well taught classes in everything from basic prim work to Blender mesh work? Damn. Im getting excited just talking about it.

Edited by Alma Palmira
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.