Help with error message: "Too many instant messages. Delivery capped"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Every time I log in, even if I log out and log again in 1 second, I always get this message: "Too many instant messages. Delivery capped". It doesn't make sense because in 1 second I don't receive a large volume of messages and the group notices are deactivated. Does it happen to someone else? What solution do you have? I think it's a bug caused by Linden but I don't know why and how to solve it.

pantallazo.png

16 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Are you actually clearing that message or are you just reading the same stored message each time?

Have you muted a deeded object that IM spams you? Those still go to email when you are offline or try.

First of all, thanks everybody for your answers.

Lucia, when I'm offline the IM's go to my email.  So...

In the image below I attach, you can see the message that I get in my email. And now the big question: Which f... avatar does this ID correspond to? Well, the great answer: it's mine!!!. Therefore, it means when I am offline I send myself an email stack automatically. But when I'm connected, I don't get anything.

What do you think can cause these auto-send messages? I have removed all my objects that I had in my land to rule out that it's not due to some script of any object, but it hasn't been solved. ¬¬

messages.png

24 minutes ago, GuillemDeFollet said:

I've replaced everything I'm wearing, the AO, clean caches...  It doesn't work.

You have something somewhere, not necessarily at your home, that is rezzed out and sending the message.  Your profile says DJ.. is there something out at a club you work at?  A friend's home?  A sandbox you use?

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

You have something somewhere, not necessarily at your home, that is rezzed out and sending the message.  Your profile says DJ.. is there something out at a club you work at?  A friend's home?  A sandbox you use?

No, now I'm just working for a club and it was happening before I logged in their schedule panel.

39 minutes ago, GuillemDeFollet said:

I've replaced everything I'm wearing, the AO, clean caches...  It doesn't work.

Just to check that it's not anything specific you're wearing and may have missed, try a full reset of your avatar to the default. Viewer menu > Avatar > Avatar Health > Reset Default Male Avatar (Character Test). Log out while wearing that avatar, then log back in (this will ensure that your Current Outfit folder is reset), then log out again and see if the spam continues.

ETA: In addition, it may not even be something that's genuinely from you; it could be something that's spamming you with text and just inserting your avatar UUID as a 'joke'. It's certainly not the usual 'offline IM' or 'offline inventory offer' message that you get from Second Life itself; it's more like something that a scripted object would send you.

An object IM would be something like this: The object <OBJECT NAME HERE> has sent you a message from Second Life

And an inworld inventory offer would be something like this: <PERSON> has offered you <ITEM> in Second Life. Log in to accept or decline the offer

The only other record I can find of this exact same phrase being spammed to someone is an older forum post by @Emma Krokus here. Emma, did you ever figure out what this was?

Edited by Skell Dagger

On 10/25/2020 at 1:13 PM, GuillemDeFollet said:

Every time I log in, even if I log out and log again in 1 second, I always get this message: "Too many instant messages. Delivery capped". It doesn't make sense because in 1 second I don't receive a large volume of messages and the group notices are deactivated. Does it happen to someone else? What solution do you have? I think it's a bug caused by Linden but I don't know why and how to solve it.

pantallazo.png

Hi there GuillemDeFollet! You mentioned you had group notices unchecked, wonderful! but do you also have group ims unchecked?  

also check subscriptions you have have from shops which most claim to not take groups but their communications to you could be contributing to it.  

your first statement though about logging in/out for one second and seeing  that message pop up.. If I checked all else I would file a ticket with LL and see if they can assist.. seems glitchy.  

I had something like this happen many, many years ago. It turned out to be that I had touched (in-world) a faulty advertising board. The board wasn't owned by me, nor was it on my land, I had just happened to click on it. It took a support ticket and several days for it to be fixed; in the end, Linden Lab had to track down the offending board and remove it. In the meantime I was getting about a hundred emails an hour from that thing.

Strange to say, I can't ever remember having my messages capped in 14 years!  It's not that I'm a recluse or anything, I do belong to groups and they do send messages. If I get lots of messages it just says I've got 994 (always 994 !!) but when I check there's actually a lot fewer than that.

Edited by Conifer Dada

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.