Advice skybox intrusion

holoscience

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello i have made a skybox and put a lot of effort into it it is big but the land impact only affects my land but does stretch to other lands slightly the skybox is over 1000 in height. i logged in today and someone put there house up here and i can't remove it because it is technically on their land but it is im my specific sky box if they moved it higher or lower i wouldn't care i messaged them but they haven't responded , i have blacklisted the objects so i can't see them but he can still spy on me and keep placing whatever he wants is there a way for me to report him or just block everything he places so i can't see it i know i can block him but i want to see what he says first. thankyou

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, holoscience said:

Hello i have made a skybox and put a lot of effort into it it is big but the land impact only affects my land but does stretch to other lands slightly the skybox is over 1000 in height. i logged in today and someone put there house up here and i can't remove it because it is technically on their land but it is im my specific sky box if they moved it higher or lower i wouldn't care i messaged them but they haven't responded , i have blacklisted the objects so i can't see them but he can still spy on me and keep placing whatever he wants is there a way for me to report him or just block everything he places so i can't see it i know i can block him but i want to see what he says first. thankyou

You need to move your stuff off of his land.  Simple as that. If you dont, he can actually report you.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2

best to remount your stuff so that it fits within your parcel boundaries

your neighbour mostly likely put their house next to yours just to let you know that you are encroaching on their parcel

if you don't move your stuff then don't be surprised if your neighbour returns your stuff to you, which they can do when it encroachs into their space

when our parcels are not wide enough to fit everything in that we want, then pretty much we have to get more land

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

best to remount your stuff so that it fits within your parcel boundaries

your neighbour mostly likely put their house next to yours just to let you know that you are encroaching on their parcel

if you don't move your stuff then don't be surprised if your neighbour returns your stuff to you, which they can do when it encroachs into their space

when our parcels are not wide enough to fit everything in that we want, then pretty much we have to get more land

yeah i just moved from a homestead to a smaller parcel with more prims it is a really good land deal just wasn't sure if it would have mattered because the surround was taking up my prims not anyone elses i have deleted it now and doing some rock features my house itself is safe inside the boundry just cant have the enviroment

• Like 1

Just now, holoscience said:

everything is off his land but his house is still right next to my skybox tryna cover it with a rock wall he still hasnt responded to any of my messages he is online so might be afk

if everything is now on your parcel then send the neighbour a polite IM saying that you have done this and sorry about that I should have been more careful. More than likely when they next login they will reply saying that's ok and move their build

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

if everything is now on your parcel then send the neighbour a polite IM saying that you have done this and sorry about that I should have been more careful. More than likely when they next login they will reply saying that's ok and move their build

just messaged now thanks for your help, haven't had neighbours in a long time, my fault thanks again :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I use a Mirror Box as a surround for my 1024 mainland parcel.  Their smallest one fits perfectly.  They go all the way up to full SIM size.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/THE-MIRROR-BOX-32x32m/14996685

i have seen those they look really cool the only problem is my parcel is a rectangle very hard to find stuff for it also my skybox is open top thankyou for helping me :D

If all of your stuff is off of their land, just edit everything in your skybox and add or subtract 1000 to the 'z' value. As in... move to an unoccupied height.

You may have been first at that height, but you were also originally over their land - so etiquette wise it's best if you be the one to go to a new height.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mollymews said:

when they next login they will reply saying that's ok and move their build

Why should they?

It's their parcel and I can't think of any rule saying "don't use the closest corner to your new neighbour, who happily encroached on your plot and came whining to a public forum about feeling spied upon".

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Why should they?

It's their parcel and I can't think of any rule saying "don't use the closest corner to your new neighbour, who happily encroached on your plot and came whining to a public forum about feeling spied upon".

Yes i know it it my fault and i feel ashamed it has been resolved now and i'm lucky he was nice, i was stupid and i agree with you. thankyou for your time :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, holoscience said:

Yes i know it it my fault and i feel ashamed it has been resolved now and i'm lucky he was nice, i was stupid and i agree with you. thankyou for your time :)

You're new.

There's a difference between ignorance (not knowing) and stupid (not wanting to know). That you came here to ask, realized you were in the wrong, and then rectified things well; shows you in a good light.

Best of luck to you in SL - you may not think so but actually, you're starting off on the right way.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

It doesn't but it does make it a non-issue for both parties.

depends how you see a non issue, with the root on the own parcel the other still could use the space over the other. It's very simple and told thousends of times.. if the parcel is too small, get a bigger one.

22 hours ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

You could have just derendered the stuff you didnt want to see. Your neighbor could have done the same.

It does not disappear even if it is derendered. You still walk into it.

My memory can fail, but I seem to remember that I derendered hedges in Bellisseria, and could not walk through them.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 10:16 PM, holoscience said:

You may not have realized that there is a very easy way to move a skybox. Right click on the skybox and go into "edit' mode. In the first sets of boxes you see the grid coordinates "X", "Y" and "Z". Type a number into the Z box that you want to move the skybox to. If you are at 1000, move to 2000. You can't go above 4096 or it will be impossible to place prims. Click "save" once you have typed the number. It instantly shoots up to that position. If it is in several parts or if there is furniture in it. you have to do the same thing to each piece. 

On 10/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, holoscience said:

If your box extends over into their parcel, they could simply return it. You need to shrink it to fit within your parcel boundaries.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.