The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

I picked up 4 things from that Hunt - the Raindale set Esther mentioned, the pose that Chic mentioned and 2 other items. 

This little decor set from Dark Secrets is cute, but starts breaking up at about 4m -- possibly could use in a bathroom.  There is a version with and without the candle lights - maybe because some folks wouldn't know how to remove the lights and the creator didn't know how or didn't want to script them to go off on touch.  These lights look way too tall for the candles anyway, so if I wanted them lit, I'd probably drop in my own script in place of the one there.

image.png.a0c80ac9ec99a4963454ecf0dd2aa8d3.png

I like this simple wooden bench the best as far as triangle count, LI and LOD go.  It is only 4 LI, very low triangle count, but holds up well - I could see the seat of the bench from 150m away on an LOD setting of 2.  It is from a store called 22769.

image.thumb.png.937361e915b9cd572a2e14b39aee77a7.png

image.png.41e4dcdb89e62798e9a6f40e7a02c6aa.png

• Like 8

A couple of impressive pieces of mesh modeling (game asset style) are out at Cosmopolitan (yes, surprise!).   

First up, this is so cute but really not my style.  Beautifully done by an oldtimer brand new to Cosmo (unless of course it is just the same name :D) . Looks like texture change pillows and pillows on both sides.  

headhunters.thumb.jpg.1a46292790532ebe5a7c2d7f0ddc1170.jpg

I went over specifically to look at this set, not because I needed it but because it said that each of the pieces was between 1 and 3 li which was beyond amazing if the LODs were good (and they are). 

compulsion.thumb.jpg.5aca0684215e5330c55bfa7b969107bf.jpg

The couch is only three because while it has a "drape" it is more of a flat drape and doesn't need a ton of vertices to make complex folds (sneaky and smart) but included with the set I don't think people would notice that right off. I didn't anyway. 

There are some pretty odd baked textures on the back and bottom of the couch so be sure and check those if you are interested in buying,  but for low prim living this is certainly impressive. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
giant spaces between pictures - hmmm
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

{wn} Chaise Pool Lounger

{wn} Swan Pool Float

Both are only 50L I got the first one since it's only 1LI and I am stingy when it comes to LI ;p

They are at the store and the MP.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/wn-Chaise-Pool-Lounger/21600363

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/wn-Swan-Pool-Float/21600364

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Ugh, their stuff is so heavy in triangles... but so pretty! 🥺

I got that too. Remember that WITHIN the collection of OMG that is so heavy stuff, there ARE things that are reasonable. You just need to shop carefully --- and watch the LODs (although they do seem to be getting better  -- happily).  Gachas are tricky unless they are out on display.    

I have the "bones" of my "Boho Granny" house done. Just adding clutter so there might be something there. Will journey over and see (with ONLY FRIENDS turned on LOL).

• Like 2

This is a very nice butcher block island  from Galland Homes on Access Weekend. It is five land impact but ONLY because it is nine pieces (insert sigh here). The triangle count is VERY VERY low and the door opens.  It could be linked to another piece of high download furniture to save some li.  

Cream or a mossy green

island.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 8

On 3/26/2021 at 9:46 PM, Marianne Little said:

Ugh, their stuff is so heavy in triangles... but so pretty! 🥺

I walked through the store.... and then left without buying anything. I feel so mature now, since I have complained about how heavy Nutmeg is.

No point in wishing for fewer triangles and complexity, and then run and buy their stuff? But I wanted to buy many things.

• Like 3

Lacrime dell'anima has 2 items on sale for 25 Linden Tuesday - the pallet bed is 5 LI, and comes in 3 colorways (each sold separately) with 2 designs for each color. (The triangles and LOD are good, if I interpret the info correctly.) The candles are 2 LI each. The hanging chair is 8 LI. (Note that these items are upstairs.)

lacr.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

Muniick's weekend sale offerings: the Alto drafting stool (recently on sale as part of the Alto drafting set - so check your inventory!) - 3 LI and 25L$; and the antique bird cage (3 LI for the cage, 1 LI for the table and 2 LI for the stand) for 50L$. Last weekend's fireplace set is still available for only 60L$ as well. 

mun1.jpg

mun2.jpg

mun4.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Very cute porch table with plant, open book and bowl of fruit at The Outlet from Serenity Style. $50

5 li mostly because it is in pieces (reusable in parts so a plus there) so not for those on a prim budget.  

2109145737_outletporch.thumb.jpg.3a9a1792b38d168566dec032488bbdb8.jpg

Oh, where are your hanging pots with plants from? (In the corner) And your baskets with flowers over the table? ❤️

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh, where are your hanging pots with plants from? (In the corner) And your baskets with flowers over the table? ❤️

Hanging pots = Ariskea [Sunrise] Succulent Ceramic hangers

plants in baskets = DaD "Floral baggage" c/m  (177K tris :D) Don't tell.  There are six things there though so that makes it a little better :D.

• Like 2