The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

17 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I went to the mainstore (link from the Marketplace listing) and bought the "B" bookshelf too. It cost 200 L. So now I have 2 different wide ones. They had a double too, but I drop it, for now.

I must correct you, I paid only 132 L for the thin bookshelf set. And I didn't need the Old books cabinet. 150 + 150 +132 + 200 (Full price in mainstore) = 632 L.

I hope the white library will come on sale in some event.

Thanks. 132L for this piece is even better. :D

My tip of the day on the Secret Sunday sale is this outdoor lounger from Dreamland Designs.  Very pretty.  It has friends animations and some adult looks like (might be male - male?  Hard to tell from the non-named animations :D)

image.thumb.png.ca40ccc54098545b882d5dad0f5a0e67.png

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Michigan Bay/224/168/26

50 lindens I am pretty sure. Derendered the  poster for this shot :D.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

My tip of the day on the Secret Sunday sale is this outdoor lounger from Dreamland Designs.  Very pretty.  It has friends animations and some adult looks like (might be male - male?  Hard to tell from the non-named animations :D)

image.thumb.png.ca40ccc54098545b882d5dad0f5a0e67.png

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Michigan Bay/224/168/26

50 lindens I am pretty sure. Derendered the  poster for this shot :D.

Yep, L$50 and it's PG. 20 LI.

ETA: Adult version is 50% off.

DD Shoal Bay Swing-PG

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

Kinda taking a break a bit but I still peruse the ads :D.   Saw this at Uber Hometown.  The main reason that it caught my eye is that it is made by someone who made a STELLAR old time (often used in Steampunk) library with books that worked really well with very very low land impact. This says it is 4 and comes in two versions.  My guess is that the 4 is for thewhole thing (one side or the other ofcourse.  I'll get over there eventually but wanted to post the ad for the adventurous :D

image.thumb.png.e0df6b8707f604380058fed973c882be.png

And I thought this was a clever ad working in the name of the store INSIDE the photo :D. So kudos there. Also at Hometown.

image.thumb.png.a473fa9a745a4329150a630f3f4cf472.png

And this is SO ME!   I definitely need to get over and see it. 

caart.thumb.jpg.adacded8b2f018c2660cc11bd26d1bb7.jpg

Happy Shopping

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I am very pleased with my Muniick curtains, they are low land impact, and I haven't had any LOD issues.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Port Lux/150/57/3402

They are now on sale for 25 L only today, 20th April. One of the things I like, is that the rings and fabric are one part. So it is very easy to edit parts and open the double curtains. The curtains is not scripted to open. But they are modify, and the neutral colors can be tinted any color you wish.

Edit: I am buying this set, because it is new textures from the curtains I already have.

15-Muniick.jpg?fit=760,760&ssl=1

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

I was right. This is impressive work.  

LODs good for most indoor use.  

image.thumb.png.7e077c16b1b90654f0b72a23eb14868a.png

I have to say that this is the first venue I have been to in a long while where a lot of the LODs were really bad.   I had to check my settings to make sure they hadn't gone down to one. AND some folks made their items larger than reasonable (which helps with the LOD part of the equation) so be sure and check size when you shop. Making things smaller will often (not always because of how they were made) cause the LODs to crumble.

I found the super cute little utility cart and it was very nicely made with better LODs than most cars --- but it was also a lot more expensive than I expected so I'll have to think on that :D.   

image.thumb.png.bf7aa895f7e9a01cae8753f5cdac4c28.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding text later as photos were making the page wonky - or more likely just ME
  • Like 5

On 4/19/2021 at 9:15 PM, Chic Aeon said:

image.thumb.png.e0df6b8707f604380058fed973c882be.png

And I thought this was a clever ad working in the name of the store INSIDE the photo :D. So kudos there. Also at Hometown.

Thank you for this book case post @Chic Aeon!  I bought it immediately! In all likelihood, I otherwise may not had noticed it.  I love the clean lines and can't stop admiring the lean build. It is positioned a as a floating cabinet in my entry. 

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 10:52 PM, Chic Aeon said:

I was right. This is impressive work.  

LODs good for most indoor use.  

image.thumb.png.7e077c16b1b90654f0b72a23eb14868a.png

I have to say that this is the first venue I have been to in a long while where a lot of the LODs were really bad.   I had to check my settings to make sure they hadn't gone down to one. AND some folks made their items larger than reasonable (which helps with the LOD part of the equation) so be sure and check size when you shop. Making things smaller will often (not always because of how they were made) cause the LODs to crumble.

I found the super cute little utility cart and it was very nicely made with better LODs than most cars --- but it was also a lot more expensive than I expected so I'll have to think on that :D.   

image.thumb.png.bf7aa895f7e9a01cae8753f5cdac4c28.png

Thanks to show this ! It's the perfect library for my new decoration mood. 😆

• Like 1

all free

Fundati's message that if you are a gardener you can't miss:

Come to our main store; Fundati decided to include three group gifts this season. This spring season will end June 25th. so make sure you pick all three free group gift items till then. after that we'll begin setting out our summer group gifts!
1. Shrubs (Fatpack)
2. Giant Arch Tree Custom Spring Edition (Includes A tire swing with couple poses!)
3.Japanese Cherry Tree
♥Fundati♥

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Horizons Andromeda/55/159/1711

651474001_TheHardy_006.thumb.png.729169831d2d552f36bb0b79dc1c2b91.png

1159786647_cherrytree_0024.thumb.png.c89984e7ef51e11fd2e155e14f1e587a.png

fundati-shrubs.thumb.png.56c9ec84d51b1f6e809ef00bab898a4d.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

This item is not exactly furnishing but if you like sprucing up your linden home landscaping, you might want to pick up the free stone building set studio skye is giving away at the cohiba bay, earth day event. There are other free items to be had but I'm really super excited about getting this one. Just have to grab the trash bag, add it to your avatar and click on the litter around the event area to find the prizes. It's time limited, until Sunday. Don't know what the exact time is when they'll pack it all up. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cohiba Bay/171/124/1074

Snapshot_007.thumb.png.ad486c4f5e539b2b6582f6b79eec1ca1.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 13

All Free

I have already been driving some vehicles in the Chalés area, and I can say that the roads are good with many ups and downs and some very beautiful corners, to stop and enjoy the scenery. So if you want to go for a walk, with a retro style, go to 777, they have these two vehicles free for the store group.

on here:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ascalon/139/90/2007

777_001.thumb.png.31409c5e4d96d1dbf8e6e38d839e8281.png

777_003.thumb.png.ad4ffeff9c90d7aa3e51886f5bda71ea.png

The interior of the car is beautiful 70s style. It combines with a nostalgic adventure.

777_002.thumb.png.d4d96f74ebc97e7db8a4a8eb28b40a64.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

If you like the blocky style of the Llewellyn bed that was on sale at Muniick recently, this weekend's sale at Consignment is worth a look - both the whale sculpture (2 LI) and the console table (2 LI) for 50L$.

whale.jpg

I had bought that whale a while ago and oversized it as a larger sculpture in one of my homes. It's quite impressive.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AstraHunt said:

Este item não é exatamente decoração, mas se você gosta de enfeitar o paisagismo de sua casa em tílias, talvez queira comprar o conjunto de construção de pedra gratuito que o studio skye está oferecendo na baía de cohiba, evento do dia da terra. Existem outros itens grátis, mas estou muito empolgado para conseguir este. Basta pegar a sacola de lixo, adicionar ao seu avatar e clicar na lixeira ao redor da área do evento para encontrar os prêmios. É limitado no tempo, até domingo. Não sei qual é a hora exata em que eles vão empacotar tudo. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cohiba Bay / 171/124/1074

Snapshot_007.thumb.png.ad486c4f5e539b2b6582f6b79eec1ca1.png

I went to try to find the stones of the Skye Studio.  I found anything but that.  I suck at hunting !!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1