The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

I got the violin chair too and even took a screenshot but was on a project today.  Amazingly Zerkalo had something  "low prim" today and since I love Boho  I got it.   

zerkalo.thumb.jpg.07c454752c403eab1604ff8384e383b5.jpg

MY Zerkalo said 65,00 (the one in the middle) which seems odd but hey.   When I was trying to count up my land impact at the Expo house I got 673 li instead of 446 that it was. I did it over and over and have "only my objects" on ALWAYS LOL. So I have no idea what was going on there.  

Well shooooooot. My screenshot there doesn't show anything.   38,786 and it has a HUD!!!!   This really does show us that even folks who often make heavy mesh DO sometimes NOT make heavy mesh (thank goodness). 

I like the boho version the best but there are printed carpet choices also and solids if you are more into that. 

image.thumb.png.c6b6b33b4e08b47cc338a7e2c51ab457.png

kopefinko 65000.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
pictures messed up
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Amazingly Zerkalo had something  "low prim" today and since I love Boho  I got it.   

I didn't even go check them today.  They are almost always sooooooo heavy, especially on anything with fabric.  Now I'll need to pop over and check that set out - especially given the HUD options.

These weekend sales are horrible. I can not resist them. I buy other things than furniture, of course. Just take my money and be done with it, sigh.

I do not go out much in RL, and I resist getting coffee and water bottles when I am out. I think that "I can get x lindens for that amount" and wait until I get home and drink tap water.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

Surprisingly enough, I buy full priced items too. I buy much on sale "because I can need it later". But when I buy full priced stuff, I know I will use it and don't forget it. "Madsen" 1600 L for PG fatpack, colorchange in fabric and wood, picture has several images by a menu.

Nice low Li, I mean that a large corner sofa like this for 11 Li is good. Take a look for yourself and count triangles if you wish. It rezzed fast for me on LoD 2 and I walked a bit away from it to look at it. I do not bother to check how it looks 100 m away though.

The only thing that fall apart is the small "try me" object in the upper right side. It is not coming with the set, so no problem.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fancy Decor/152/113/23

Madsen_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I walked a bit away from it to look at it. I do not bother to check how it looks 100 m away though.

For indoor furniture, I check first at 10m, since that is sort of an average length of a room.  I also check at 15m & 20m since those ranges are typically what I'd find in a more open floorplan.  

I only use larger distances when checking outdoor stuff.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am going to The Outlet to buy the trees/plants pack from Fundati.

I think Fundati has good stuff. They are a bit expensive, so I am happy to see 50% off. It is tropical plants, something for the Stilts?

https://www.seraphimsl.com/2021/03/13/50-off-from-fundati-only-at-the-outlet-2/

Outlet-1024x640.jpg

If you join their group you get 20 percent off on new releases. Group is currently 99 but  they give out nice gifts quarterly.   Some things are very nice. I agree.  Their desert stuff is great. Now and then things are "primmy" so you need to watch that.

I am happy it is Tuesday soon.  :D.  

MEANWHILE I got over to K9 which had a few things of interest. I think I love this daybed but need to see it close up and personal before purchasing. Also need to pick out a new house for it and the boho cuddle rug as it won't work with the one I have :D.  BUT look at the impressive tri count.  

1605845640_zerkaloK9.thumb.jpg.418b41644e47b441584b5598aac611c8.jpg

Zerkalo.

Nutmeg's stuff is super "primmy" BUT it is no longer linked al together so gold stars there. Some wearables I grabbed demos of. There is a very nice lighthouse but I think the LODs are bad as it is listed as a "backdrop" -- maybe no physics also.  Again, have to get closer.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 3

Downgrading to Basic would be easy as a breeze before groups started to cost money. I got rid of all free groups and all that cost 10, 20 and 50 L to join.

I managed to get down so I had one or two free groups of the number a Basic can have.

While I can afford to pay for groups, not like the newbies you wrote about in your blog, it is a guesswork who to leave, who to keep. Who will suddenly raise the price? Who will close the group while a special event is going on?

By the way... I decided to continue to be Premium, so there will be another year when I can have a lot of groups.

It would be more tempting if Fundati had a group discount of X % on all, instead of 20% of new releases. I suddenly want a new theme and then it is a previous release. I will look at the group gifts, @Chic Aeon.

I saw Fundati had a giant pack with a lot of his releases, to the price of 5000 L in the Expo. I almost bought it, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Downgrading to Basic would be easy as a breeze before groups started to cost money. I got rid of all free groups and all that cost 10, 20 and 50 L to join.

I managed to get down so I had one or two free groups of the number a Basic can have.

I was under the impression that if you downgrade to Basic, you get to keep the groups? You just can't have more or rejoin if you leave while you're still a Basic account and over the Basic group limit. Am I mistaken?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Arquet said:

I was under the impression that if you downgrade to Basic, you get to keep the groups? You just can't have more or rejoin if you leave while you're still a Basic account and over the Basic group limit. Am I mistaken?

That's my understanding as well, that you can keep your groups, but you can't add more until you get your total back down under the maximum allowed for Basic accounts.

ETA: 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Arquet said:

That is correct but you can't join any new groups which makes it difficult. If you leave a group after going back to basic you can't put something new in their slot. You have to leave  a bunch  of groups and get back down to the BASIC number of 41 to have a group slot available again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While I am working on modern now, I zipped back over the Kustom9 and got the Zerkalo "sofa" (really a day bed LOL). While I could have waited it seemed like a positive move to reward that low triangle count with my linden dollars. Really, that is the only way things are likely to change.   

So here is my middle of the night styling with the new Samovar from No.59.  I am thinking of this as "Boho Granny" and it does very much remind me of my grandmother if only in spirit. She WAS A COLLECTOR and definitely led an interesting life :D.  

samovar.thumb.jpg.dc64393458a59fbe68f298da70d89b25.jpg

• Like 5

So I changed houses and plots today and moved into that "Boho Granny" house which has a few issues but is super cool and so much more ME.  Anyway this let's me use lots of my new stuff and likely some old. The house is really small so it will be cluttered without really trying. I am, in part, doing it in memory of my grandmother and decorating with her in mind in many instances. 

ANYWAY that leads me to another "consumer lesson".  I have a spectacular example of an issue you need to watch out for ---- and builders might want to think about (many do happily).

This is one of the new DRD reopening group gifts. I love, love love it and even though it is a little high on the triangle side, I could live with that BUT it has nasty LODs.  I have found a work around in this case and I think I have a perfect place for it in my tiny house. I cannot put it out in the open in said tiny house however because it breaks up and drives me nuts. 

Here's the deal. 

image.thumb.png.5e56c3133e159695b17c40123761d876.png

There are ten "prims" (pieces" in this set all linked together.  Each one costs .5 when you upload so the lowest land impact this item can have is 5 (10 x .5).  That's the sort of bad news.  WHY it breaks apart is because it is made up of small items. The smaller the item the faster it breaks apart visually.   

IF the creator (I know not who it is and it doesn't matter really I just want folks to understand the issue) would have JOINED the mesh together before uploading, not only would the land impact be less, the LODs would (could) be better with minimal LI cost. I'll guess 3 li but that is just a guess. 

There is a possibility that some of the small pieces could have been uploaded with better LODs on their own and that would certainly have helped. 

image.thumb.png.484f5e204130e1d3c23c2ef1e81e9b1e.png

So there ARE choices to be made and several different ways to tackle things. I am sad because I really don't want to HIDE this and that is pretty much what I am going to have to do to use it. It IS LOVELY!!!!!

Class over - LOL.    

EDIT:  As I was deleting the unliked chair-table I noticed that the chair table itself is 1 li with great LODs. So that would be another way to go!   Available at DRD. Info on the blog tomorrow afternoon unless there is nothing to report on FLF LOL.  Or just go to the store and read the blurb at the entry. That works. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hive have this lovely coastal set, parts separate: table, chairs, bench and a place setting set. The table is 2 Li and the bench and chairs are 3 Li each. The place settings are 1 Li each. There is a HUD for colour choices. Edited it to say they are a mix of Fifty Linden Friday and Saturday Sale.

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.05c8afc529599f340dbbc720345df6e1.png

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1