The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

If you can afford 14 LI for a bed, there's a very nice one on sale at Bricolage this weekend - several texture change options for all the various bits. As there's no info to the contrary, I assume the folk art and the rug are included. PG or A $75. The 3 LI bedside table is sold separately for $75. It has texture change options that match those for the bed. (The decor items on top are nothing special, and I don't know if they're included.) 

bric.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

image.thumb.png.8f64c96299e1929eae305bb712c6b289.png

Out for FLF from BALACLAVA!! Art Storage units.  Definitely one of our better builders I was personally thrilled as I was about to remake an old gacha of mine for this exact look. This is SO MUCH easier.  The paintings are mapped smartly so you can add your own textures to some and make things look different. And of course add single or grouped paintings in different places to the empty version.  Two LOD levels 1 to 4 LI per cabinet with three shown here. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/chopsticks/79/38/29

image.thumb.png.f7b7aa72db1fa42a2513a8e369882366.png

There's also a 1 LI easel. 

bala.jpg

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Buyer beware, the logs don't light up. 

Fyi, fireplace is 17LI, not counting logs (3LI).  

Also, Merak is at a temporary location:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Missing Mile/99/201/1002

I bought the L-shaped couch, which is quite large, so I  hoped it's LI would come down with shrinkage.  Alas, I made it REALLY small and it was still 14. Changed to Convex Hull, no luck.  So I tried removing a few pillows and stretching those that remained :)  That was also not great.  Took out scripts etc. and it went down to 10.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I bought the L-shaped couch, which is quite large, so I  hoped it's LI would come down with shrinkage.  Alas, I made it REALLY small and it was still 14. Changed to Convex Hull, no luck.  So I tried removing a few pillows and stretching those that remained :)  That was also not great.  Took out scripts etc. and it went down to 10.

Thanks, I was thinking in buying it and shrink it, I'll pass.

I got something at Pitaya (Cellar bottles arranjements) and got something different, or maybe I'm not looking at that pic right since what the vendor gave me are green bottles without any pine. Sent a NC anyway. I think it is some mistake, but maybe I'm wrong. 

ETA: It was a mistake, I just got the right version, kudos for great creators and stores that fix things during weekends :)

Edited by Tary Allen
  • Like 3

It's an outlet in Fourth Wall. I got some cheap stuff from there. See my post over, for the slurl to Fourth Wall.

Kyoto tea shelf, 4 wood opt. included, 40 L. 3 Li.

Woodlands watercolor frames, 38 L (set). 1 Li each print, link two and Li goes down to 1.

Vers Vanity Mirror and shelf, 38 L, 4 wood opt. included, 1 Li.

fw_002.png.49fde5d3286ecfb0d06c0d10cd7e0cd5.png

Luxe marble fireplace, dark, 63 L. All stuff is unlinked, total of 11 Li when you rez it. 

The fireplace itself is only 2 Li, the flames/logs is 2 Li, the lantern 1 Li, the fireplace screen 1 Li, the vase 1 Li, the white pumpkin decor 1 Li, the candles are 3 parts, each 1 Li.

fw_001.png.57a71d3d4f6f0eca9efedf6b31b38160.png

Link the fireplace, the fireplace screen and the logs, and it's only 3 Li.

I can even stretch the screen bigger before Li goes up. I don't like some parts, but the fireplace has an interesting form. I really like the fireplace screen.

fw_003.png.f24d7b9a3e05d3ca7b0fc786b2364e96.png

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Fyi, fireplace is 17LI, not counting logs (3LI).  

Also, Merak is at a temporary location:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Missing Mile/99/201/1002

ONE more time folks. From the main build screen click the "more info" link and you will get a new pane that tells you which if THREE things is the most on the item in question. In the case of the couch it was EITHER the server weight or the physics that was the most of three. In THIS case (a fountain) it is the DOWNLOAD figure that is the most.  The download figure is what changes on resizing. 

image.png.90a79de9ae7a9360c1349d0f47a65a89.png

If you have an unscripted item that has a big download an small physics and server (more typical) you should (don't do this on no copy items) be able to link it to the couch with the couch as the root and still have the animations work. In cases with no scripting it works very well. There are a few threads about this.  Here is a tutorial with screenshots. I am not sure what the forum post was but it was about when many of us were living in Snow Globe on 25 - 50 land impact :D.  Every little half prim counted there. 

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2020/11/prim-magic-getting-more.html

Now -- not so much. I have thousands to spend :D.  I suspect a note to the creator about the script would get a fix for the missing element. :D

Edited by Chic Aeon
forgot the link - duh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Some sale items at Simply Shelby this weekend: the Holiday Cookie Tree as boxed is 2 LI, but it can be enlarged - shown also is a resized version at 4 LI. $50.

The Tudor Holiday Buffet Set is $75 - the sideboard is 3 LI and all the decor shown (including mirror) is 9 LI when linked.

The various poinsettia plants are 3 LI  and $25 for each color.

The Birch Log Chair Set (chair and bookcase 2 LI each, table 1 LI, lamp with light script 4 LI) is only $35. 

Food and other holiday decor items also on sale.

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

• Like 5

Noveny has several items on sale this weekend. The Rustic Bed is quite attractive (only available in brown), but it is 15 LI. PG $150, A $200. The working 3 LI clocks are $60 each. The working (but very bright) 3 LI lamp is $50, and the 2 LI bedside table (including linked books) is $50. Also on sale for $75 is the 5 LI pine in a bucket. (The stated LODs aren't great, but as you can see from the photo, it still looks OK from a reasonable distance..) A few other seasonal bits and pieces are on sale as well.

nov1.jpg

nov2.jpg

nov3.jpg

nov4.jpg

• Like 6

Another Christmas decoration idea.

The Christmas Event, in one of the stalls of Kaerri -
Fan Xmas Planter by Kaerri 3LI (materials, lights) copy, no mod, no trans 200L$
Snapshot event, and picture in the living room of my Sl home.

TP to the offer:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The Christmas Event/243/83/23

SL 20-November-2022 Fan Xmas Planter by Kaerri 3LI (materials, lights) Snapshot event.png

SL 20-November-2022 Fan Xmas Planter by Kaerri 3LI (materials, lights) living room JPEG.jpg

Edited by 0ancilla0
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, blaireberry said:

Thor has this whole Farmhouse set out for L$66 this weekend:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nyn/129/14/20

image.thumb.jpeg.577f92bbdfec00160005fbb0351bbeae.jpeg

Also Kraftwork has their Kitchen Rails out for The Saturday Sale. They can be bought separately but I opted for the fatpack for L$499.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KraftWork/228/127/21

image.thumb.jpeg.242415f15f6e5b986e0291a83dd078e3.jpeg

That THOR set has some of the worst LOD I have encountered. I do not care if I have LOD 2 or 4 set in preferences, most of the time I have it at 4 and live well with it.

But that table decor simply refuse to rez for me at LOD 4, and I guess it is because it is 160 000 triangles and 15 textures. Sooo.... I pass.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/18/2022 at 6:25 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

If you can afford 14 LI for a bed, there's a very nice one on sale at Bricolage this weekend - several texture change options for all the various bits. As there's no info to the contrary, I assume the folk art and the rug are included. PG or A $75. The 3 LI bedside table is sold separately for $75. It has texture change options that match those for the bed. (The decor items on top are nothing special, and I don't know if they're included.) 

bric.jpg

I bought the bed(PG version) and nightstand and yes, the decor items are available with the nightstand but are extra LI.

The color selection is rather limited on texture change, but I found I could tint the wood to a shade I liked. I am not in love with the nightstand tbh, but the Bed is darling cute. Also I like the poses on the PG bed.

Thanks for telling us about this one!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I bought the bed(PG version) and nightstand and yes, the decor items are available with the nightstand but are extra LI.

The color selection is rather limited on texture change, but I found I could tint the wood to a shade I liked. I am not in love with the nightstand tbh, but the Bed is darling cute. Also I like the poses on the PG bed.

Thanks for telling us about this one!

Were the rug and framed artwork included with the bed? (Actually, I'm tempted to get it just to cannibalize the quilt at the bottom of the bed!)

• Like 1

In search of...a pretty, realistic looking pine branch Christmas Wreath that DOESN"T dissolve into unrecognizable shapes just a short distance away. Should have some added baubles or lights but not overly gaudy, and not too country/shabby chic since I will be using on a Newbrooke. I've been to the Christmas Event and didn't find what I was looking for, but that's a huge confusing place (makes sure you don't just go around the exterior loop, there are smaller booths in the center featuring some well-known home decor stores).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

In search of...a pretty, realistic looking pine branch Christmas Wreath that DOESN"T dissolve into unrecognizable shapes just a short distance away. Should have some added baubles or lights but not overly gaudy, and not too country/shabby chic since I will be using on a Newbrooke. I've been to the Christmas Event and didn't find what I was looking for, but that's a huge confusing place (makes sure you don't just go around the exterior loop, there are smaller booths in the center featuring some well-known home decor stores).

Not strictly what you're looking for but I have AF's blossom wreath which has excellent LODs, so this may be worth finding in the store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apple-Fall-Magnolia-Leaf-Wreath/15848383

• Like 1