The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I recall seeing that kitchen (minus the decor) on sale a year or more ago, but didn't buy it or mention it in this thread because I found the LODs were poor/it was LI-heavy. And the display model was too large with no indication that it would be re-sizeable. But if you have the opportunity to see Kylie's set you may disagree with any or all of that!

Kylie was lovely enough to rezz it out for me & I really do love it. I sent a notecard to their support to see if I can buy it inworld. I've been looking for something with woodgrain that's neither too modern nor too farmhouse or rustic & it definitely fits that bill. 

• Like 3

On 11/6/2022 at 5:53 PM, Esther Bunny said:

New AVANI Group Gift -  Marc Collection is available at the Avani as a Free group gift.

The Marc Collection includes a Slipcovered Dining Chair, Heritage Factory Dining Table, Linen Pendant Shade Light and two Place Settings. Each of these has texture options.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11952936@N00/52482630755/

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KraftWork/230/85/21

Wow, what a nice group gift! I believe Avani's group is free as well!

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 5

OH, my God!

Avani has a whole corner of group gifts! I discovered it by accident. I decided I should buy something to show that I appreciated the group gift.

So I clicked on the lamp, to see the Li. I got the lamp. Wow, nice, I thought. But then I started to click down...

I counted 15 gifts, the Marc collection included.

oops_006.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

On 11/4/2022 at 3:52 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Wanted to note that the huge filled closet at ERFE is only 24li and packed full of goodness.  The LODs seemed fine to me but be sure and check.   For anyone with a huge bedroom to fill, this is certainly a bargain.

It needs resizing to fit in to a Bellisseria home (Newbrooke) I managed to trim it down to a more reasonable 14 Li by making it smaller and unlinking the not entirely necessary doors/glass

• Like 2

On 11/6/2022 at 8:48 PM, Stella Carver said:

Kylie was lovely enough to rezz it out for me & I really do love it. I sent a notecard to their support to see if I can buy it inworld. I've been looking for something with woodgrain that's neither too modern nor too farmhouse or rustic & it definitely fits that bill. 

I think the best choice I've seen for woodgrain in a modular kitchen  at this point is the North Oak Slimshaker White Oak Kitchen and Miller Upper Cabinets. Unfortunately it's not inexpensive. The pricing goes like this:

White Oak Kitchen, Lower Cabinets

• Five texture pack (light or dark wood), one hardware/handle type (cup, knob, cylinder or bar) - $L595
  • Five texture pack, all hardware/handle types - $L995

Miller Upper Cabinets, five texture pack - $L595, 10-texture fatback $L995

Ezra Refrigerator (woodgrain) - five-texture pack - $L595, 10 -texture fatback $L895
(personally, I didn't buy the refrigerator because I think woodgrain-door refrigerators in SL just look like cabinets)

Complete collection fatpack $L2995

They do have a texture picker at the store so you can try things out.

slpix_004_099.thumb.png.7f5119fcfa55b70f738fd43f97b90594.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

This is another of my recent favorite modular kitchens - the Consignment Tegan Kitchen. Although, I'm trying to figure out what that weird thing on the right of the island is supposed to be. On the left there is what appears to be a bolt flush with the surface.

slpix_004_100.thumb.png.098cda31320238d503a0a0b684fb1e07.png

It might be some kind of "power station". In some kitchen island, plugs are hidden and you just push on them to lift them up if need be. The one on the left is hidden and the one on the right is showing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I think the best choice I've seen for woodgrain in a modular kitchen  at this point is the North Oak Slimshaker White Oak Kitchen and Miller Upper Cabinets.

Yes, I love the wood textures on that North Oak kitchen, and it's reasonably low LI, at about 2LI/cabinet.  The fridge is 10LI, fully stocked & animated.  But do check the LODs.  Numerically, they're not good, but it seemed to rez OK for me.

If I REALLY have to go low LI, I sometimes use this big modular set.  The texturing is not as nice, but it has good LODs and some interesting options, and LI can't be beat at 1 LI/cabinet.  This full kitchenette is 7LI, including backsplash & island but not decor.  Lots of textures in the HUD, including the shiny backsplash texture I used here.  Animated sink & oven.  Fridge 2LI including cabinet above, and I like having metallic finishes available for it.  Fatpack $L688.

kitchen_001.thumb.jpg.47da18102f8838f43aede057b281a294.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

Nika, that's not bad, either. Texturing is still fairly realistic. It doesn't include natural woodgrain colors, although I suspect it could be tinted.

But what is it with all these islands with the countertop texture wrapped around on the sides? I can't think of ever seeing that in real life.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 2

Thank you all! I'm fully obsessed with kitchens these days. I spent a long time at North Oak playing with textures- it's pricy but super tempting. It's very modern though-the CKP/modular is speaking to me- it seems versatile. Like it could go retro easily but isn't tied to retro. Very much what I'm looking for.

While I was bouncing around looking, I went to Moss & Mink to look at their new kitchen and they were giving away 500L store credit for their anniversary! Turns out I had store credit left from a few Christmases ago so I got their Aeryn kitchen. (I think I'm spelling that right).

I like it a lot, I'm still on the quest for the perfect one! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Have you seen this kitchen?

I was going to buy it, but I bought the Fancy Decor/Kraftwork one instead.

But now I want a veneer kitchen too. And as much as I like the North Oak kitchen, I think they have too few modules.

~BAZAR~Mirage Kitchen

I was looking at that one too- same about the kraftwork & fancy decor one- it's really nice but I feel like i use it almost too much. I found some neat decor at Bazar that day. I love her things.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stella Carver said:

I was looking at that one too- same about the kraftwork & fancy decor one- it's really nice but I feel like i use it almost too much. I found some neat decor at Bazar that day. I love her things.

I love Bazar too. ❤️ I often buy small things there. And big things.

But instead of the kitchen in Bazar, I went straight to Consignment and got the kitchen @Trinity1776mentioned. I had missed that one. 

Lovely kitchen and the power stations are cool, but I really don't like those shelves. I can hope that Consignment updates with a no shelves version in addition. I can't unlink the shelves either. I can select the wood in "select face" and turn it transparent. But the shadow is impossible to get rid of. 😞

Maybe I should write them a notecard. I have also wished that they would update their wardrobe with white/grey clothes we can tint. The clothes have too much color for me. If it was an uncolored version, could I have white and pale colors.

• Like 1

Also at Trompe Loeil for FLF a really big modern house with good LODs that includes a kitchen (can be unlinked from house and used alone) as well as an island.  There are also some very nice rocks that can be unlinked from the house and used in landscaping.

image.thumb.png.4834b22983551b3bb2644e972a124f37.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1