The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

This isn't "furnishings" but it still seems like the best place to post it as folks over on the MESH board know about it and this thread is mostly about shopping :D.   

Over on the beta grid (cheering has haven't crashed yet -- knock on desk).  

I can't remember the last time I bought a house. I may have never bought a house actually. But for those who ARE and are tired of the very bad physics (and as a renter of many homes with lousy physics I really get that) and want to "see" what you are getting into a bit better, there is a helpful button on the Build menu that will let you see how the physics was made.

image.thumb.png.6e96b3196bbde3ae5af9151c1db593d0.png

This is the inside of a casita (New Mexico - Mexico traditional small  house). The button circled in red is a toggle for showing the physics.  with it ON you can see how closely the physics shape matches the walls, if there are areas not covered AND/OR  if there are areas that are simply just wrong.  

You can see here that the blue shapes (the physics) closely match the walls. You can also see some white spaces. Those are the vegas (beams) that span and support the ceiling.

While I could have made physics for each beam, I didn't  see any reason to do that. The only issue would be if someone was jumping inside the house ("Billy, don't jump in the house - I've told you a hundred times!") and they would just barely have their head go through the beam.  

Anyway the next time you are looking at a house to buy or even just something large that you would like the physics to be correct (much furniture is not) then this button is your friend -- much like the ability to INSPECT something. 

Back to work. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

Out at Cosmopolitan and SO CUTE. Color change for truck. Not sure about other things. Sorry I couldn't get a better picture. Doors of truck open. PG and A in a set. Oh I didn't check the triangles. BAD CHIC. 

53K (oh my) and yes texture change for pillows and quilt

image.thumb.png.c04311c1afad291b441a09f536d5d580.png

Lots of texture change.

image.png.48aa8d4f44a6cc33d0f077a08eacedc7.png

I MUST "need this" LOL.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

This is maybe not unknown to people here but in case they are forgotten, remember 'What Next' store has lovely window boxes as a group gift. They are 2 Li each. I made mine a bit bigger and they are 3 Li. There is a choice of 4 colours for the window box and 12 colour variations for the flowers. There is a cost to join the group (250) but there are lots of lovely high quality gifts in the gift room which make joining well worth it.

1730015668_LittleLea-Sutherland_004.thumb.png.0541610d1bd27d2af41401c3e228a5a6.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

This set from Bloom is LI-heavy for me, but I liked the flowers. There's no visual demo available, but for 25L$ I decided to take a punt, and after a bit of unlinking faffing about (the benches are separate, but everything else is linked to the table), I now have 2 slightly different buckets of flowers (2 LI each) and a lovely plate of avocado toast (1 LI) :) 

BLOOM.jpg

BLOOM2.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

More on that table set :D.   

Triangle count is good for all of that 172K for the table with all that decor and lights and such  91K if you take away the food). Land impact without food is 13. This doesn't count benches. 

And yes, definitely worth getting for just the parts. The animations are put in very oddly so that changing one animations changes the other even when people "should" be sitting separately (so they made everything sync if you set animations).  

It is a very nice set really. A big oversized for "normal" folks but good for big burly guys :D.  It is mod but something is very small and not obvious what that is or if it could be fixed. Might be the candle flame -- didn't check that much. 

Took me four log ins and two computers to get this shot LOL.  Good news is that new computer is coming today.  BUT it is likely there is a visual demo if you do an area search. Most of the time there is an example in the sop. So if you care -- try that. 

image.thumb.png.e02d28f8824c9341be766951cf7657f2.png

315451146_25tuessmall.jpg.83d53a1b38c4b7bf234cc31fb10906b9.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Out for Hello Tuesday from Chez Moi ($50) this plant.    At the default sizes (the two on the left)  the small plant is 2 LI and the larger is 3 li.  Triangles are 33K.    

POT BREAKS UP FOR LONG DISTANCE but the plant is great and can be resized and reshaped to give different looks. The plant in the ground is 4li.

image.thumb.png.85f70336363252c9af8c7bb6caa62279.png

If you resize the planter (which "I" like better anyway) that solves the LOD issue.  I am there for sizing reference of course :D.  NO visual demo on sight but a good creator so I took a chance in order to report.  A good plant for the stilt houses I think.  

image.thumb.png.b25c5d1b62e529a16f369aab64d76070.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
forgot SLURL
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Took me four log ins and two computers to get this shot LOL.  Good news is that new computer is coming today.  

image.thumb.png.e02d28f8824c9341be766951cf7657f2.png

Wow, best of luck with the new computer!  You will be (even MORE) amazing with that wind beneath your wings!!  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Out for Hello Tuesday from Chez Moi ($50) this plant.    At the default sizes (the two on the left)  the small plant is 2 LI and the larger is 3 li.  Triangles are 33K.    

POT BREAKS UP FOR LONG DISTANCE but the plant is great and can be resized and reshaped to give different looks. The plant in the ground is 4li.

If you resize the planter (which "I" like better anyway) that solves the LOD issue.  I am there for sizing reference of course :D.  NO visual demo on sight but a good creator so I took a chance in order to report.  A good plant for the stilt houses I think.  

image.thumb.png.b25c5d1b62e529a16f369aab64d76070.png

Many thanks for the tip on resizing the pot - my lesson for the day!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 2:51 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Apple Fall has made its store shelving units available as a free gift - look for the yellow box under the AF banner at the landing point! 

af.JPG

On this note, I'm not sure how recently it was done, but a whole bunch of stuff for free was added to the outlet area of the store. If you haven't been there before you can tell what is free because it will have no price tag above it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vana Gears said:

On this note, I'm not sure how recently it was done, but a whole bunch of stuff for free was added to the outlet area of the store. If you haven't been there before you can tell what is free because it will have no price tag above it.

I haven't seen anything new added to the Outlet in the last couple of months. Start here to see the photos and info that I and a couple other folks posted about all the AF freebies a while back: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/461691-the-all-in-one-home-furnishings-topic/?do=findComment&comment=2202144

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the topic of Apple Fall - I've just gone back there and noticed a new showroom area - just walk through the door at the landing point. The new area is atmospherically shrouded in fog, but I managed to find a few free gifts. The rusted planter is 1 LI, the anchor is 4 LI, and the flagstones are in a 3 LI and a 4 LI group.

In the main store, I don't know if I've previously mentioned that the macaroons, wine glasses, bottles of wine and whisky decanter are also free gifts.

af0.jpg

af2.jpg

af3.jpg

af4.jpg

af5.jpg

af6.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Along with some other items that Zerkalo has had on sale in the last few months, their Happy Weekend offering is this 9 LI grand piano. Lots of PG sit animations, but you'll have to provide your own piano stool. Also in the sale area is this striking 9 LI Calcutta sofa - but there's no price tag or info about it currently available :( 

zerk1.jpg

zerk2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Also in the sale area is this striking 9 LI Calcutta sofa - but there's no price tag or info about it currently available

There is a sign next to it that says Kustom9, so my guess is that this item can be found there.

image.png.f285fa6929c5f64d1b685c1542438078.png

• Like 1