Marketplace vs Inworld Shopping

AdminGirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

my behaviour has changed

with clothes I pretty much buy on Marketplace now. Get the demos and wear to check them out

with parcel mountables like houses, garden, etc stuff then I look on Marketplace and then go to the inworld store to look at it (mostly to check at what distance the object visually crumbles, if it does crumble) then I go back to buy it on Marketplace. For the same reason as everyone else here, so I can have a record of what I buy

when I do buy inworld (mountables or clothes) then is because there is a group discount, or because it is stuff that I know I want and the store doesn't have a Marketplace presence

I prefer stores with an in-world presence, but often buy on Marketplace.

My own stuff is both on Marketplace and in vendors at my place in world. I don't really have a store, more like a builder's yard with samples of big objects. The vendors are really there for people who drop by and want to buy something. I used to send them to Marketplace links, but now I have some modest sized vendors for walk-in buyers. Most sales are via Marketplace.

Edited by animats

I started with Second Life way back when it was first beginning, seventeen years ago.  I did ALL my shopping inworld.  It didn't seem there was any other choice and I went to a lot of yardsales too as I think items were more modify and transfer back then so when you were sick of your items, you'd have a yardsale, kind of like real life.  Then one day my manager at the time way back when told me about X-street when I asked her where she got something.  When I saw X-street for the first time, it was very yucky as almost everything was inworld and you had to use the directory to find stuff, so X-street didn't have much at all.  I didn't use X-street at that time, however.  I continued to do my shopping all inworld.  My 2nd time in SL but still before mesh clothing even, Marketplace was great.  What a difference from the early X-street.  

Edited by FairreLilette

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I like being able to keep track of my purchases.

So leaning towards mp then?

I feel safer with mp keeping all our records whereas inworld, if you forget to save your transactions before the month is up, it's gone for good. I didn't think to save them when I first joined, and trust, those were the ones I needed to prove a double purchase later on!

For me, it is still MP to avoid the lag-aggravation, to get through at all to inworld is sometimes just a bore, and to get MP Redelivery (when its working).  But I appreciate sellers who place rezzed items in their shops, to test sizing of the product in relation to my avi. E.g. sofas or pocketbooks too large and not resizable... 

Just two days ago at a huge hair seller I stood walking in place, haven't seen that for awhile -- yuk! This weekend this is the third day I've tried to TP in to a huge sellers inworld shop for their sale only to repeatedly receive the [TP failed region full] now I'm floating again reject - just to spend money ick. Honestly there is only one shop I have ever received a "discount" that actually added up to where I could use it monthly and enjoy it. And I don't have to think too heavily on whether an inworld seller will (continue to) have a Redelivery Casper etc. vendor or not if I just purchase at MP when Redelivery is enabled (and working).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyrie Deka said:

This weekend this is the third day I've tried to TP in to a huge sellers inworld shop for their sale only to repeatedly receive the [TP failed region full] now I'm floating again reject - just to spend money ick.

If that's the store i think it is with a bit of map/region tracker stalking and TP persistence i got an alt in, in less than an hour got lucky with the main region just to make the most of their credit before the sale was due end

• Like 1

I tend to use both MP and inworld stores. I shop on MP because it's faster and I can readily find what I'm looking for. If the MP has a demo, I will get the demo to try at home and then buy from MP. If it's furniture or houses or landscaping, I'll look for them on MP and then check the inworld store to see the item up close and personal. If the store has credits, I'll buy from the store, if not, I go back to MP and buy from there. I love the fact that you can do redeliveries from MP, also.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.