Fires

Evah Baxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:
The fires in the Amazon... clearing land for farming
The fires in Australia, many set by arsonists
The fires in western USA, many as you mentioned have a human cause.
Fires are part of the natural cycle in any forest, or grassland for that matter.

Plus fires in the African continent. (Nasa Photo - Last 24 hours)

1798526017_Screenshot_2020-09-13NASA-FIRMS.thumb.jpg.d5b39f56a48e11841835482387b53e35.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

and blame man made global warming and say there's nothing we can do about anything until we reduce our carbon dioxide emissions.

...which we should do anyway, no matter how much or how little it contributes to one individual forest fire.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

...which we should do anyway, no matter how much or how little it contributes to one individual forest fire.

I wasn't aware that global temperatures had risen so much that trees spontaneously combust.

Global warming doesn't cause fires, specific cause can be found for each and every fire, and not one fire can ever can be pinned on global warming, weather global warming is natural or man made.

Lightning strikes cause many fires, the difference is will it be an out of control raging inferno due to decades of forest management neglect or will it be controllable and limitable due to good forestry practices?

That is the question that needs to be answered, not how can we end something that doesn't even exist.

Forest fires are God's (or Mother Nature's) way of maintaining healthy vibrant flourishing forests.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin

14 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Global warming doesn't cause fires

Hotter, dryer weather, caused by "climate change" or "global warming" via the increasing CO2 caused by humans, is the primary cause of the excessive wildfires we're seeing.  Of course there are contributing factors -- the encroachment of humans into wilderness areas which disallow the natural burning of wildfires because people and property must be protected, and people are careless with fire as they've always been, and lightening continues to strike and initiate fires. But the underlying conditions created by heat and drought create the tinderbox which allows the fires to easily ignite and rapidly spread.

Wildfires follow a simple but dangerous equation -- hotter, dryer conditions + more people in the world = a greater likelihood that there will be more ferocious wildfires threatening lives and property. As temperatures around the world rise, even areas not accustomed to seeing wildfires could be at risk in the future.
    NASA  

Records are being broken all over the place.

The decade that just ended was by far the hottest ever measured on Earth, capped off by the second-warmest year on record:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/the-last-decade-was-the-hottest-on-record
--------
Locally, Phoenix had 50 days this past summer with temps over 110.
https://www.newsweek.com/phoenix-has-record-breaking-heat-wave-50-days-110-degree-weather-1528512
-------
Regarding the recent Los Angeles heat wave:

"Climatologist Bill Patzert said Saturday that September heat waves are not new. But the extreme heat — and the duration of heat waves — is new. Over the last century, the average temperature in Los Angeles over the entire year has increased by about 5 degrees, Patzert said.

But the average temperature for the months of August and September has increased by 8 to 9 degrees, he said.
Although one- to two-day heat waves were the norm in the middle of the century, “now we see one-week heat waves,” he said."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/sunday-was-one-of-the-hottest-days-ever-recorded-in-southern-california-a-tally-of-historic-heat/ar-BB18NxW5?ocid=uxbndlbing

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:
22 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Climate change has led to this.

No, a pair of nitwits setting off pyrotechnics at a "gender reveal party" in dry grass led to this fire.. These idiots need to stop this nonsense. Just have a colored cake  for gods sake.. 

Really Drake1, I know you're smarter than this --  you are claiming one event caused the massive fires we are seeing from the bottom of California to the northern regions of Washington?

• Haha 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Really Drake1, I know you're smarter than this --  you are claiming one event caused the massive fires we are seeing from the bottom of California to the northern regions of Washington?

With proper forestry management, there would not be any of these massive wildfires. Decades of ignorance, neglect, and willful mismanagement causes these wildfires pure and simple.

When Yellowstone burnt a few years ago everyone went boo hoo hoo Yellowstone is destroyed for 100 years. A few years later when everything started to grow back, better than it had been, those same people said, well, wadda ya know.

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

With proper forestry management, there would not be any of these massive wildfires. Decades of ignorance, neglect, and willful mismanagement causes these wildfires pure and simple.

When Yellowstone burnt a few years ago everyone went boo hoo hoo Yellowstone is destroyed for 100 years. A few years later when everything started to grow back, better than it had been, those same people said, well, wadda ya know.

says the climate change denier...….

I trust in massive amounts of scientific research on the matter.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Au contrair,  I believe that climate changes constantly, primarily due to changes in solar output, but also due to input from a dozen other variables.

It is those that insist it's all caused by man and his puny contribution of "man made CO2" that are the real climate change deniers, they deny the incredible complex array of factors that make our climate a dynamic, ever changing phenomenon.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a word
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Au contrair,  I believe that climate changes constantly, primarily due to changes in solar output, but also due to input from a dozen other variables.

It is those that insist it's all caused by man and his puny contribution of "man made CO2" that are the climate change deniers, they deny the incredible complex array of factors that make our climate a dynamic, ever changing phenomenon.

No scientist says ALL change is caused by man, but our contribution is massive now, and what we are contributing is altering the earths climate and wreaking havoc everywhere.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No scientist says ALL change is caused by man, but our contribution is massive now, and what we are contributing is altering the earths climate and wreaking havoc everywhere.

5% of CO2 is from man made sources, the rest (95%) is from natural sources.

Furthermore, 95% of greenhouse gas is in fact water vapor, which is ALL from natural sources.

Please explain how 5% of 5% is the critical driving force in climate change.

While you are at it, perhaps your scientists can answer a few other questions I have

1) What is the proper temperature for the earths climate?

2) What is the proper rate of change for the earths climate

3) If man disappeared tomorrow would the climate stop changing?

4) Why is it that ALL changes in climate prior to the last hundred years all have been natural in origin but now its all driven by man?

5) Why were previous interglacial temperatures higher, with higher CO2 levels, all with no help from man?

Many scientists have a vested interest in maintaining this farce, they chase the money, and the money is on research that "proves" man made global warming is real.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No, that one event started one fire, which ended up burning down a bunch of homes... Did i say it started all of them? Most forest fires are caused by human stupidity. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Many scientists have a vested interest in maintaining this farce, they chase the money, and the money is on research that "proves" man made global warming is real.

You need to provide scientific research to back up all those assertions, or at least articles pointing to scientific research.

Follow the money, yes......it's fossil fuel companies who benefit. Just as corporations did with the dangers of tobacco, they offer alternative propaganda which causes doubt in the minds of some (especially those with a 'r-a-p-e the earth  to achieve endless growth with no consequence' mentality).

I'll trust the assertions of scientists (98% or so of them) over corporations that want to line their pockets.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:
47 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No, that one event started one fire, which ended up burning down a bunch of homes... Did i say it started all of them? Most forest fires are caused by human stupidity. 

We have not been discussing only this one fire you like to cite. And the issues are much more complex than people who are careless with fire:

Hotter, dryer weather, caused by "climate change" or "global warming" via the increasing CO2 caused by humans, is the primary cause of the excessive wildfires we're seeing.  Of course there are contributing factors -- the encroachment of humans into wilderness areas which disallow the natural burning of wildfires because people and property must be protected, and people are careless with fire as they've always been, and lightening continues to strike and initiate fires. But the underlying conditions created by heat and drought create the tinderbox which allows the fires to easily ignite and rapidly spread.

Wildfires follow a simple but dangerous equation -- hotter, dryer conditions + more people in the world = a greater likelihood that there will be more ferocious wildfires threatening lives and property. As temperatures around the world rise, even areas not accustomed to seeing wildfires could be at risk in the future.
    NASA  

5 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

No, a pair of nitwits setting off pyrotechnics at a "gender reveal party" in dry grass led to this fire.. These idiots need to stop this nonsense. Just have a colored cake  for gods sake.. 

Not all of them, but I think they were all at least started by humans.  

On another thought, I hope they name their child sparky

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

The number one thing we are doing to destroy the planet is Industrial agriculture, yet all we hear about is to stop driving SUVs. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.