Luna Worries

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Why do they do that?  I'm assuming it's the Master who does?   Like "Master wants you to blah blah blah"?

It's a slave thing to refer to oneself in the third person. Actually I have had scenes, RL and SL, which caused an altered mental state in which I started perceiving myself as an outsider might and when I saw images of myself on a screen, started talking about the person I saw as if she were someone else. I did feel an odd dissociation, even though I did know it was me. It was just me as I'd never seen myself before. It was nothing so w@nky as referring to myself as "this girl" and "she thinks", or doing it as a matter of course even when I was more or less myself, though. 

As irritating as it is to see everyone doing it whenever they're having any old stupid pointless conversation (as if Gor has any other kind), though, it's still preferable to when they're all talking like they're in A Clockwork Orange.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

It's a slave thing to refer to oneself in the third person. Actually I have had scenes, RL and SL, which caused an altered mental state in which I started perceiving myself as an outsider might and when I saw images of myself on a screen, started talking about the person I saw as if she were someone else. I did feel an odd dissociation, even though I did know it was me. It was just me as I'd never seen myself before. It was nothing so w@nky as referring to myself as "this girl" and "she thinks", or doing it as a matter of course even when I was more or less myself, though. 

Yes interesting...it can be used to either increase importance or minimize importance (dissociation & objectification)...and is why I was having trouble at first understanding just why 3rd person bothered some people (other than being aware that many are annoyed by new & unusual expressions or circumstances they don't understand well).

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes interesting...it can be used to either increase importance or minimize importance (dissociation & objectification)...and is why I was having trouble at first understanding just why 3rd person bothered some people (other than being aware that many are annoyed by new & unusual expressions or circumstances they don't understand well).

I haven't really got the energy to elaborate right now, but suffice to say I was very safe and the experiences, while very very intense, were as they should be. I'm sure there are other times when dissociation isn't healthy but these weren't among them.

• Like 1

I like to explore, what 3rd person means for me and what it might mean for others. Since I have a lot of psychological knowledge I can guess with that understanding, and since I like to imagine & empathize I can imagine what it might mean for others. 

I like what @Amina Sopwith said here and am of the opinion that one cannot truly understand what she means unless one has experienced it directly themselves:

43 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

It's a slave thing to refer to oneself in the third person. Actually I have had scenes, RL and SL, which caused an altered mental state in which I started perceiving myself as an outsider might and when I saw images of myself on a screen, started talking about the person I saw as if she were someone else. I did feel an odd dissociation, even though I did know it was me. It was just me as I'd never seen myself before.

my question/challenge/observation from the other thread basically asked you to dissociate yourself from your clinical therapist background and share how you feel about doing illeism for yourself. Does that scare you?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

my question/challenge/observation from the other thread basically asked you to dissociate yourself from your clinical therapist background and share how you feel about doing illeism for yourself. Does that scare you?

I think a better question could be "why are you imagining this would scare me"?

I already said how I would feel talking in 3rd person, on page 5 in the other thread where illeism was being discussed. This is what I said in response to Admin Girl who felt 3rd person makes us feel more important in some cases:

"I'm sitting here talking about myself in 3rd person, trying to ascertain if I feel more self-important...lol.  I kind of do, I mean like Luna could be a fabulous character in an amazing book..."

Edited by Luna Bliss

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think a better question could be "why are you imagining this would scare me"?

" From Wikipedia : Illeism

Real people

Main page: Category:Illeists

Politics

• Donald Trump (born 1946) used the third person repeatedly during his presidency.[23]  "

😈

Edited by TDD123
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I like to explore, what 3rd person means for me and what it might mean for others. Since I have a lot of psychological knowledge I can guess with that understanding, and since I like to imagine & empathize I can imagine what it might mean for others. 

I like what @Amina Sopwith said here and am of the opinion that one cannot truly understand what she means unless one has experienced it directly themselves

I agree that we can never completely understand another's experience unless we went through it too, and even then we might not be able to as every person has different resources and experiences reality differently.

I have experienced dissociation though, as most people have to one degree or another,  so I do understand what's going on when people feel like they're not quite all 'there' due to overwhelming circumstances or a forced denial of self.

Not sure why this is such a sticking point with you or one of such great concern, as most were only playing around and imagining what speaking in 3rd person might mean for ourselves and for others.  I wasn't trying to author a book or something -- I was exploring, guessing, having fun, and never was I forcing my interpretation of illeism onto another.  Some were forcing their interpretation on the OP though -- perhaps you should go after them?

In SL, I always associate the speaking in 3rd person with role play scenarios (at non-Gor places).  The basic RP classes that I've attended have talked about it and shown how to do it, starting sentences with "/me", and it is not limited to just para-RP style.   When you read through a chat transcript of a RP scene, it reads much nicer, in my opinion, when it's done in 3rd person.   

When I've seen it outside of RP - whether in a forum post, or in an in-world chat reply from someone - I just take it as a playful, light-hearted remark (even if the actual contents of the remark might be 'dark').

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ceka worries if Ceka will have enough time to juice today..But then remembers Ceka made enough, so no worries, just happy, for Ceka..

Ceka giggles now

Luna is glad Ceka reminded her of the juice she has yet to make...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.