You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there!

I finally meshed my wife/alt avatar. Yesyes laugh, but since I'm married with myself I really have less drama 🤪

Anyway, I'm not into sexual content, but some (a lot) items in the SL Marketplace are listed as "adult content", even some random skins are, and somehow I can't access to this content with my wife or give it to her as a present. In SL she can get adult content, but not in the Marketplace.

I'm sure, when I signed her up manymany years ago (04/2007) I didn't gave her an underage birthday. And it's over 13 years ago, so... I'm very sure she has to be over 18.

I can't find a way to correct her birthday or whatever is needed to give her access to adult content on the Marketplace (I think I've searched every page on the SL website). Any ideas? Or do I have to give SL payment info for her?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaxMare said:

I believe you can set this in your/her viewer preferences, change maturity rating from general/moderate to adult...

As I said, she can access everything (general/mature/adult) inworld, and it's also set this way. It's only the Marketplace with the restrictions. But thank you :)

Will try adding payment info, otherwise I'll send a ticket.

Thanks a lot guys!!

9 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You have to set your GMA preference in the marketplace too. The setting is at the top on the MP Home page.

image.png.509d6903f60ede8dbed3a95ab649ac7e.png

Hi Nalates!

Thanks a lot, but I really knew that 😅

Look, I can't change it:

123.jpg.a6abddb6d561e0fd3e9ada71e9fc8e73.jpg

I've also added my PayPal account as payment method, nothing changed. Just opened a ticket at the SL support. I think only they could help here.

Have a nice sunday all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Opened a ticket as I said. First I had to tell them my email adress, my city/state/country.

And now:

Unfortunately, our records show that a date of birth was never entered for this account upon registration. Our Terms of Service requires that a Resident provides their true date of birth when registering a Second Life account.

To manually verify your age, please submit a color-copy of BOTH sides of your government-issued photo ID that includes your name and date of birth.

Acceptable forms of photo ID include: A) Driver's license, B) Passport, or C) any other form of government-issued photo ID. The ID must not be expired and must be valid for the next sixty (60) days. The copy must also be clear, in color, and undamaged.

We also require a "selfie", which is an image of you, holding up the ID so that we can verify that it is indeed your ID. This photo needs to be legible to where we can read the ID. Please attach your verification documentation to this support case as a file under 5 MB in size. 

In the SL policies ...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_account_policies

...I've read you can have up to 5 accounts per household. As this is my 2nd avatar (I only have 2) it shouldn't be a problem to send them the passport and photo proof. Or what do you think?

I don't want to risk to loose this account!

It's just annoying when you wanna style your alt and can't buy stuff. I wonder how they do these ratings for moderate and adult lol

Even some stupid skins are adult, or a shoulder reshaper, just annoying^^

Also it's funny that my 1st ava can buy my alt stuff when it's moderate, but no adult stuff.

On 8/27/2020 at 12:30 AM, Subsonic Oh said:

It's just annoying when you wanna style your alt and can't buy stuff

Better you get that stuff for your alt...
Login as Subsonic and add the adult rated items for your alt as a gift to your shopping cart. So you dont have to wait until LL has fixed the issue.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Resi Pfeffer said:

Better you get that stuff for your alt...
Login as Subsonic and add the adult rated items for your alt as a gift to your shopping cart. So you dont have to wait until LL has fixed the issue.

This only works for mature content. Can't give her adult content, already tried 😅 But thanks for this idea!! :)

1 minute ago, Subsonic Oh said:

The other problem is, I can't try mature demos on her, because 0L$ content can't be given as present ...

Depending on how fast you need to see the results, you also could turn Subsonic into her, using demos for whatever your alt alreads has attached.
If you save your current outfit before you mess around, it wouldnt be that much of a pain.
Or you just wait ^^

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Depending on how fast you need to see the results, you also could turn Subsonic into her, using demos for whatever your alt alreads has attached.
If you save your current outfit before you mess around, it wouldnt be that much of a pain.
Or you just wait ^^

Uggh basically a good idea but that's really way too complex for something, which should usually work...

3 hours ago, Subsonic Oh said:

Yeah! Finally Linden Labs added my RL-Birthday to my account. It was said, I can now access M and A content. Re-logged in - still doesn't work :'D

-> new ticket submitted...

You're so patient! 🏆 I would feel annoyed after sending LL a picture of my (ugly) self and it still did not work....

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2020 at 2:20 AM, Subsonic Oh said:

Opened a ticket as I said. First I had to tell them my email adress, my city/state/country.

There are some things that I think are interesting about the message from LL. One is that they are requiring documentation of a date of birth, but when people open new accounts, they just take their word for it. Another is that it says "Our Terms of Service requires that a Resident provides their true date of birth when registering a Second Life account." I searched the TOS for "birth" and got no hits. When I searched it for date, the only occurrences were unrelated to date of birth. Finally, the account was opened in 4/07, so for the account holder to be under 18 now, they would have had to have opened it at age five or younger. How likely is it it that someone opened an account at that age?

29 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

There are some things that I think are interesting about the message from LL. One is that they are requiring documentation of a date of birth, but when people open new accounts, they just take their word for it. Another is that it says "Our Terms of Service requires that a Resident provides their true date of birth when registering a Second Life account." I searched the TOS for "birth" and got no hits. When I searched it for date, the only occurrences were unrelated to date of birth. Finally, the account was opened in 4/07, so for the account holder to be under 18 now, they would have had to have opened it at age five or younger. How likely is it it that someone opened an account at that age?

I would assume they handle this simply the same way as any other request of changeing the date of birth entered at account creation, for example when people claim to have made a mistake when entering their date of birth.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.