Bellisseria Videos by Pring Productions

PrudenceAnton

On 10/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, PrudenceAnton said:

A note from the editor and creator:  Mental illness is no laughing matter.  For centuries, the mentally ill where treated with disdain and pushed out of society, discarded and rejected, the forsaken of our society. This video in no way is meant to discard the seriousness of mental health and those who are suffering, struggling, and their loved ones who support them.

I was contacted privately regarding the title of the video. I take sole responsibility for the title and wish to state here, the use of the word was never intended to take lightly of mental health or those afflicted by it. I, myself, have lived with the struggle of mental health issues for the majority of my life and we all learn to deal with how we face things, whether its turning away from words and terminology that bother us, or face them head on.  I will share some of my private reply on the video and its title.

Triggered - 

Thank you for the response to the video.  The word, asylum was taken from one of the buildings in Millbank.  Merriam Webster defines the term as such: asylum somewhat old-fashioned an institution providing care and protection to needy individuals (such as the infirm or destitute) and especially the mentally ill.

Although the video was directed at attention to the moles amazing work and the spirit of Halloween, it was not intended to make light of anyone suffering from mental health issues or related connections.  I, myself, have suffered with mental issues for 41 years of my life. I also, decades ago, self volunteered to commit myself for mental observation for over a week.  It is a very serious issue, and a century ago, they understood so little of what they feared and looked at it as being a contagion, more than a condition.

Also in the title is the word 'forsaken', Merriam Webster defines this word as such: forsaken - abandoned or deserted.

The title in my own eyes was viewed as a tribute to those suffering mental illness, the stereotypes and such, that most, even to this day, wish to turn a blind eye to, for lack of understanding or being able to connect to people suffering, often in silence and alone.

I thank you for bringing this up and I will put a note attachment to the video for this, or any other misunderstandings. I'm sorry for the pain you have gone through yourself, I do understand. Much love to  you and your loved ones.

Prudence

------

This is my statement here regarding the video's title and content. I will not make further replies on this or turn it into a discussion on this thread and politely ask others if they wish to continue a discussion regarding mental health issues, to start a new thread and keep this one for the Bellisseria videos we produce.

Sincere regards, 

Prudence Anton

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I am big on mental health issues I lost my RL partner to suicide - it affects my everyday and I completely understand what you have written here - I sometimes get triggered by Halloween decor items used by neighbours in SL and had to sidestep some of the Millbank things for personal reasons.  So not alone - but there are lots of blurry lines over how people see and use these themes at Halloween I think we might all still have someway to go. I think the creators make great video content but Halloween always throws up some grey areas for me. 

I am so sorry for your loss.

I appreciate your reply to my comment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Aisleyne said:

I am so sorry for your loss.

I appreciate your reply to my comment. 

Thank you - the videos they make are good - with good intent. I recognised what you were saying there and wanted to say so. It's a discussion forum we all have a voice :)

• Like 3

I note that there are several reactions on the other posts and now comments about how wonderful Pru & Cian's productions are... yet none on my post. 

Much talk is made about supporting others when they are suffering from Mental Health problems, yet I have spoken out about being affected by the video and I am basically ignored and the conversation is shut down with the suggestion of a new thread if there is to be further discussion.

A public acknowledgement or at the very least a direct reply would have been appreciated but instead I am shown an impersonal reply which was privately sent to another person who was triggered. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I kind of do agree, I was planning a Halloween video a couple years ago. I found a really great looking Asylum on MP, would have made a great video prop but I did not buy or use it. Mental and Emotional health issues is nothing to be Trivialized or Stigmatized or Used as a Plot Device. We are way behind the ball on dealing with these issues world wide and it is not uncommon for entertainment to get this so wrong every time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Snowhaven Creek Video

We hope everyone had the chance to stop by and visit the Snowhaven Creek winter scene while it was here.  The beautiful design was done by @Resa Nova and @Jon Ree.  

Sceneris and I were able to capture it on video and wish to share its beauty with everyone.

Many thanks to Jon & Resa! ♥

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

We hope everyone had the chance to stop by and visit the Snowhaven Creek winter scene while it was here.  The beautiful design was done by @Resa Nova and @Jon Ree.  

Sceneris and I were able to capture it on video and wish to share its beauty with everyone.

Many thanks to Jon & Resa! ♥

What an extra special treat!  Thank you so much for this beautiful production @PrudenceAnton & @sceneris and wonderful build @Resa Nova & @Jon Ree!  ♥♥♥WOW♥♥♥

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bellisseria's Parade of Homes Video

These beautifully decorated homes are from our Bellisseria 2nd Anniversary contest winners. Thank you for showcasing your gorgeous homes with us.
Winners:  Halo Rain, @Evangeline Ling,  Hope (Birdie Ravenhurst), @Bela Tolsen,  D-VINE Collingwood Finest,  @Hedy Heartsong

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

This last year has been an amazing journey for our crew.
It's been so rewarding, a lot of fun and hard work involved.
But as the song says, it's time for a 'cool change'.
This will be our last series of Bellisseria videos.
We want to thank everyone that has participated with us.
And remember, Bellisseria is our community. Keep it alive!  - Pru, Sceneris & Cian

Bellisseria's 2nd Anniversary Video

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...

Bellisserian Bureau of Bureaucracy Video
This video is a fun, informative film loaded with helpful tips for many of the BBB's features, rallies and interactive community fun throughout Second Life.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1