RebeccaBun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey all,

This might be really stupid, or overall a bad question in general.. I've been on and off SL for years and I decided I didn't like my old account's username and rezday anymore and so I created a new one, to start all over again! I tried to make everything perfect, I waited until 8/4/2020 to get this rezday because I liked the ideas of having all even numbers as my rezday.. I knew the UUID was always gonna be random and I was hoping for good luck with it and was willing to deal with most things...

I made the account and didn't think about it.. I dropped 40$ on Linden, a few friends celebrated my new "Rezday" with me and one of them drew art! It was all neat.. But well.. After I dumped a bunch of money onto the account I noticed a blatant "be69" on my account.. Some friends are trying to tell me it's a good thing but well.. I don't want to be cursed with obnoxious sex jokes on something I was trying to make perfect.. Maybe I'm just crazy.. =,= 

But is there ANY way I could change this!? It's making me so upset, I tried looking at other meanings for the number but I just found more things on the internet telling me that it's a "Shameful" or "Avoided" number..Haha.. Is there ANY way I could atleast delete the account and restart it with the same username  and same rezday I chose?

Sorry if this is silly.. It's ironic because I try to not be sexual in SL and I avoid sexual content mostly.. I don't want it permanently marked on me until I give up and waste a lot of money down the road on a new account all over again when it all became too much..

-Rebecca

(Removed the pic for privacy)

Edited by RebeccaBun

18 answers to this question

I'm willing to throw away the account I just made and the things I purchased on it already.. I just want this mark gone so I can stop stressing never want a new account again.. I was working on trying to make it perfect.. And now I'm getting emotional over a stupid number.. Lol..

Be is the periodic table symbol for Beryllium, which has a density (when liquid) of .69g/cm3 greater than water (when liquid).

Although my Father was 50 when I was born, he declared he was "39" and holding. He kept that up until he got tired of hearing me say "You look like crap for a man of 39, what the hell have you been doing to yourself?" and switched to "69 and holding" when he turned 69. He continued 2 be 69 until his death at the age of 88. Had he made it 11 more years, he'd have made it to b 99, 2 be 69.

I think you're reading this all wrong, Rebecca. It's a lovely UUID (which makes one wonder why U use a UID ;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, RebeccaBun said:

I made the account and didn't think about it.. I dropped 40$ on Linden, a few friends celebrated my new "Rezday" with me and one of them drew art! It was all neat.. But well.. After I dumped a bunch of money onto the account I noticed a blatant "be69" on my account.. Some friends are trying to tell me it's a good thing but well.. I don't want to be cursed with obnoxious sex jokes on something I was trying to make perfect.. Maybe I'm just crazy.. =,= 

Nobody, literally NOBODY ever looks at UUID values unless they are trying to resolve usernames.  Scripts deal with them, but other Residents don't bother.

Ignore it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Be is the periodic table symbol for Beryllium, which has a density of 1.69g/cm3.

Although my Father was 50 when I was born, he declared he was "39" and holding. He kept that up until he got tired of hearing me say "You look like crap for a man of 39, what the hell have you been doing to yourself?" and switched to "69 and holding" when he turned 69. He continued 2 be 69 until his death at the age of 88. Had he made it 11 more years, he'd have made it 2 b 99, 2 be 69.

I think you're reading this all wrong, Rebecca.

I likely am..

But I just can't take it sometimes.. I partially made this new account because I didn't like my old rezday and it was the same Bday as someone I used to know.. I know this is a bad me problem.. I have a problem with permanence and it's gotten to me most of my life.. I'm able to stick to a lot if I give it positive meanings and re-enforcement.. My friend tried to tell me that the 69 in my UUID is "Be69" which could mean "Be balanced" in the same sense as 69 could mean yin and yang.. But ughh.. I've exhausted myself and I just feel upset..

Sometimes just knowing it's possible to change without even changing is re-assuring and helps my mentality a lot..

1 minute ago, RebeccaBun said:

Sometimes just knowing it's possible to change without even changing is re-assuring and helps my mentality a lot..

If you do re-sign to get a new UUID, don't you dare tell me what it is. I'll find something naughty in it that will haunt you for the rest of your life. I've demonstrated my ability to do that, so don't test meeeee!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If you do re-sign to get a new UUID, don't you dare tell me what it is. I'll find something naughty in it that will haunt you for the rest of your life. I've demonstrated my ability to do that, so don't test meeeee!

Haha!

I don't need you to do that for me! I already do that myself without even trying because I hate all things permanent when it comes to account creation on any platform/service! xD

17 minutes ago, RebeccaBun said:

I just found out that one of my ancient accounts had an even worse 69 problem and no one ever said anything and I never noticed.. And that is a 5 year old account! So maybe I'm just going through that "New account stress"

You are simply nuts, and therefore perfect for SL.

Welcome back, Rebecca. We need you!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RebeccaBun said:

I tried looking at other meanings for the number but I just found more things on the internet telling me that it's a "Shameful" or "Avoided" number..

Don't let other people define what is and isn't shameful. UUIDs are random (for all intents and purposes) as you know, so inserting meaning to the random space dust is exceptionally meaningless. When randomness produces an apparent pattern, you should shrug your shoulders, chuckle, and promptly ignore it.

Then again, people play lotto with whatever "meaningful" numbers they come up with. And I being a little OCD myself, I understand the obsession. 

• Like 3

Linden would probably never change our account UUID, even if they technically could.  Merchants who rely on account UUID would get their records messed up, security orb systems relying on UUID would also get messed up, parcel access and group membership lists probably the same, etc

go with what Maddy said about beryllium whenever you think about it

also if have a 32 in our UUID then this is even more nawti looking. Looks like two people doing the behind humpty. 52 is like people doing the kneeling face to face humpty. The humpty can be seen in every letter/number combination. Like when I see 00 then what I see is 2 amoebas doing it. 61 is one person, the 6, wanting to do the humpty and the 1 person praying and giving thanks that they are going to get some.  I can on and on about this, is nawti everywhere    

• Like 2

May be crazy, maybe petty.. But in the end, I might quit SL for this, this game has too many difficulties, variables and issues to make me happy really..

But I want to thank you all for the friendly responses.. I'd love to hope that there's a new social game on the horizon of the next few years or something.. This was a waste of time, hope and money..

unknown.png

Edited by RebeccaBun

Aw I'm weirdly an@l about strange details like that too. But yeh I agree with Lindal, don't do anything irrevocable. You can start a new account and keep this one as an alt since you've spent money on it already. 10th of October is not too far away. Your rez date could be 10/10/2020. How awesome would that be!? 😉

there are tens of thousands of different random strings of numbers tied to any account you own on any website. computers process and display information with strings of numbers. it's counterproductive to be worried about this, the uuid is there to make you identifiable so the game is playable, but if you're stressing over it to the point that the game is unplayable then it's doing the opposite of what it's supposed to be doing.

I just care too much! 

Don't mean to mope on here but I don't have a social life outside of the internet and thanks to COVID-19 I haven't been able to go outside for months, as I live in a building that won't allow me to..

I saw Second Life as an opportunity to have something to care about, feel productive and express myself..

Putting SL at such a high standard of importance to me made me increasingly picky with how I wanted my account to be.. I wanted to pick the perfect rezday, I wanted to pick my more current username and try and make the permanent choices in a way that allowed me to feel good about it for years to come.

I didn't think my planning and hopes for memory building on a social game could be screwed by a randomly generated number that gets plastered RIGHT next to your username on most viewers.. (It's also at the beginning of the UUID, so it's VERY close.)

On top of people trying to be nice here on the forums, people elsewhere are not as quite.. Lots are telling me they understand why I care about it but "No one will read it anyway".. All that tells me is "Yep, it's bad. Deal with it.", I care TOO much about my own identity and presence that I don't want to be essentially labeled by a "Funny lawl sex number" that is within peripheral reading distance to my username..

I'm under the impression that I wanted this account for years, I wanted to try and make content, I wanted to thrive on here so badly.. I simply CAN'T deal with this.. And now my username is wasted and there's nothing I could do about it..

It doesn't help that SL is already full of sexual types.. It's not hard to assume that the number would VERY often be seen this way to a majority to those users..

I still want it.. I still wish I could be here, but I literally spent time crying over a *****ing number and it's stressing me out and I uninstalled the viewer for now.. If I went for another rez-day.. Maybe 8/24/20 because it's close, all even, and my RL birthday is on a 24th.. I don't know..  My motivation is crushed and I already spent almost a month waiting for the first one..

Edited by RebeccaBun

4 hours ago, RebeccaBun said:

All that tells me is "Yep, it's bad. Deal with it."

In a way, yes... do (learn to) deal with it. Two idiotic, random numbers don't have the power to stop you from doing what you wish to do, not at all. It's not bad, it's simply not important and not worth caring for.

I actually wouldn't try to start another perfect date account, but exactly the opposite: a throwaway one to dump at your disgrace, for freebie hunting or building or whatever. One you aren't attached to as if it was your literal second life.

Otherwise, afraid you won't ever be happy in a surrounding where you don't have complete control over each little detail you might ever come across.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.