You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello my name is Akira I have a skybox rental, I love it but my only issue is when I do *Activities like breakfast* and then I change it, the furniture is still there and A laptop/ chair is still there. How can i remove it? I also contacted the Owner but she never replies

You'll get a lot of wild guesses, but I would be surprised if anyone here knows the right answer.  There are many ways to script a skybox, and many ways for any of them to do something unpredictable. I suppose you have already tried selecting those unwanted items and either deleting or returning them.  That probably wouldn't break the skybox.  If that doesn't work, all I can suggest is to contact the creator who made the skybox or the furniture and ask.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

If that doesn't work, all I can suggest is to contact the creator who made the skybox or the furniture and ask.

Dear God nooooooooo!  lol   The creator of the skybox can't fix it (you can tell I've encountered this as a skybox creator).

Only the owner of the skybox can delete rezzed items in the skybox once they have purchased a skybox and so are the owner of the prims.  Sometimes lag prevents stuff from rezzing or deleting is the problem.

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Dear God nooooooooo!  lol   The creator of the skybox can't fix it (you can tell I've encountered this as a skybox creator).

Yeah, I didn't say there was a lot of hope.  :) There's an odd chance that the creator might say, "Oh, all you have to do is push the blue button," but many creators won't be eager to deal with anyone but the person who bought the skybox.  It can't hurt to ask.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JadoreChanel said:

Hello my name is Akira I have a skybox rental, I love it but my only issue is when I do *Activities like breakfast* and then I change it, the furniture is still there and A laptop/ chair is still there. How can i remove it? I also contacted the Owner but she never replies

Right click the stubborn objects and choose Delete???

If those Skybox  rentals work by adding you to a Group in order to give you parcel abilities and that Group role isn't allowed to return Group items then you simply cant remove them.

You need to talk to the Rentals owner and if they can fix the script then all good, if they cant then... well you ll have to live with it unless they give you return rights which probably won't happen in order to avoid having people messing with other tenants, deleting skyboxes by misteke etc

11 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

If those Skybox  rentals work by adding you to a Group in order to give you parcel abilities and that Group role isn't allowed to return Group items then you simply cant remove them.

You need to talk to the Rentals owner and if they can fix the script then all good, if they cant then... well you ll have to live with it unless they give you return rights which probably won't happen in order to avoid having people messing with other tenants, deleting skyboxes by misteke etc

I'm part of the group

6 minutes ago, JadoreChanel said:

I'm part of the group

OK then you simply don't have return rights.

You can't do anything more than wait for your landlord and ask them if you are a long term tenant and they trust you enough to make a special role for you with return rights.

3 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

OK then you simply don't have return rights.

You can't do anything more than wait for your landlord and ask them if you are a long term tenant and they trust you enough to make a special role for you with return rights.

eh it's fine I got  another place...it says Parcel Media i have no clue what that means

5 minutes ago, JadoreChanel said:

eh it's fine I got  another place...it says Parcel Media i have no clue what that means

It means you can add your own music url to play whenever you click your stream button.

11 hours ago, JadoreChanel said:

My thought is that if your landlord is unresponsive, you need a new landlord.

There are plenty of rentals in Sl with active, engaged staff.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29181014d069f42cdf90

• Like 1

This sounds like you're renting a skybox premade from someone?

A place where it's been set up for you to pic themes and swap between them - and the swapping is failing to remove some things?

My suggestion would be to get a friend who is more experienced with SL to come visit. They could quickly confirm what is happening, and then likely find out how it can be dealt with.

Options there include:

1. simply manually removing some broken things - something you have there is not in the scene kit or got forgot by it and need to be cleaned by hand

2. Fixing the scene display system - likely needing the landlord to come by

3. Something else, which an experienced user might notice when looking at the situation

If it's one of those '60L a week' type rentals, they tend to be super laggy.  There's really nothing much you can do about that aside from moving.  Renting your own parcel might be a better option although you'll be paying more than 60L/week.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.