Anywhere with extreme weather?

sunnyrio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw a weather control system in the marketplace, but as far as I know that's just for effect.  Is there anywhere that has extreme weather, causing your avatar to get too hot or too cold for example?  There could be some kind of use of health (like in some games like Horizons where you lose health for being shot by a robot), and animations for shivering or sweating.

6 hours ago, sunnyrio said:

I saw a weather control system in the marketplace, but as far as I know that's just for effect.  Is there anywhere that has extreme weather, causing your avatar to get too hot or too cold for example?  There could be some kind of use of health (like in some games like Horizons where you lose health for being shot by a robot), and animations for shivering or sweating.

the nanite drone system uses weather stations to affect how quickly a drone may overheat or become to cold. but you can only find it at their inworld store on eisa.

you would need something like dax3 plus a battery metabolic plus have atose installed. 

or you could use atosh which is for humans and then use the weather station from the store to cause various health effects.

but in general no matter what the weather is set on any parcel/sim it wont directly affect any avatar that is not wearing a scripted object for that affect.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

13 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

in general no matter what the weather is set on any parcel/sim it wont directly affect any avatar that is not wearing a scripted object for that affect.

I didn't know you can set the weather!  How do you do that for say a 1024 parcel on the mainland?

5 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I didn't know you can set the weather!  How do you do that for say a 1024 parcel on the mainland?

Have a play with https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Weather-Control-System-Delacruz-Technologies/750146 - there's a world where you can demo it for free.  I think it might be just for personal use though - ie. it just makes weather around you, I dunno if you can set it up permanently in a world.

Just now, kali Wylder said:

well for the most part you need a weather effect, and really you can only adjust the wind light for most people.

to really have control over the weather you need a weather station that is scripted for specific use such as with some sort of health, combat system. like i mentioned above.

with the ns system a drone or human can get to hot or cold and loose health, you can even make them loose health for being in a low oxygen area that was set.

21 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Not sure if it is still available but there was a weather system available a few years ago that allowed you to set it so that the weather on your parcel or sim was based off the real life weather in your actual town/state or what have you.

As to the nanite systems drone system Drakonadrgora mentioned, it is a really good system if your looking at some form of combat with a minimal weather effect to a body. It is a shame though that it hasn't seen much of an uptake in those sims or even RP as it doesn't specifically require you to be a drone, can also just use it on any avatar form.

7 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

As to the nanite systems drone system Drakonadrgora mentioned, it is a really good system if your looking at some form of combat with a minimal weather effect to a body. It is a shame though that it hasn't seen much of an uptake in those sims or even RP as it doesn't specifically require you to be a drone, can also just use it on any avatar form.

right you can use it on any other form as long as you have atosh. the human version of the atos system.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I'd just really like to see an occasional thunderstorm or a windy day

well that probably can be done. you would need a weather system that was rezzed in world and then you set the variables to when the weather changes and maybe could try and synchronize it to the windlight.

ive been to a few sims where it rained or snowed at times. but of course that was all controlled.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

if you want to experience extreme wind in SL, visit here

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mystery Caye/58/238/35

however be aware - it's not for the faint hearted.

dont go there its a scam. plus you will just get ejected by their security orb. it just a lot of toilets in a house with fumes coming out of them. no wind at all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

dont go there its a scam. plus you will just get ejected by their security orb. it just a lot of toilets in a house with fumes coming out of them. no wind at all.

humour is lost on some people in this life it seems....................................................

3 minutes ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

yup, humour is lost it seems.  Bless you.  Still, I won't see your griping posts now.

whaaa.. they didn't like my humor so now I am going to ignore/block them. again.. childish..

anyone who thinks playing pranks like that is cute or funny is childish.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

How do you lose something you don't have?

hey! wait I have a humor.. I have it somewhere..*looks in closet* no.. thats not it.. that was my sex toy location..*looks under the bed* no.. thats not it.. thats where i hide all the bodies..

oh wait yeah.. I gave it away a few years ago..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

hey! wait I have a humor.. I have it somewhere..*looks in closet* no.. thats not it.. that was my sex toy location..*looks under the bed* no.. thats not it.. thats where i hide all the bodies..

Surprised you didn't look in your shoes. Things lost are always in your shoes. I have no idea why but that's what everyone else says.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Oh, I think I have something you could replace that with!

...digs around in her purse and finds a spare humorus.

Maybe just saw off one end?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.