HAPPY JUNETEENTH & THE PROGRESS OF BLM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Is what Blacks endure or have endured in the past the same as what you endured as a foreigner in Canada, in every way, aside from jokes?

Depending how far back you go in history, sure.

What about today and say the last 10 years?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

The media is owned by the 1%.  I'm not surprised at all.  Outraged, yes. Surprised? no.

That kind of reminded me of this, because even in the 1% you still have sides..It's just human nature to have to have someone to be up against..hehehehe

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That kind of reminded me of this, because even in the 1% you still have sides..It's just human nature to have to have someone to be up against..hehehehe

Yep!  George knew.  He'd tell you too.  I sure do miss him.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's just human nature to have to have someone to be up against

No I think sick people do this, especially when done to extreme with excessive competition and war. More recent studies in evolution point to cooperation being more important, and looking out at the world of today it's the only thing that will save us really.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No I think sick people do this, especially when done to extreme with excessive competition and war. More recent studies in evolution point to cooperation being more important, and looking out at the world of today it's the only thing that will save us really.

Competition is in our nature..It's throughout wild life, even with our siblings at an early age we compete.. Sharing is what gets taught or not..

Have to add a silly thing..

When things are going well in the human race..Do you have a cup of sugar,

Sure neighbor..In fact here is 2 cups of sugar..

When Covid-19 strikes.. Get you hands off my toilet paper B*tch!!\o/

hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

The media is owned by the 1%.  I'm not surprised at all.  Outraged, yes. Surprised? no.

I thought the media was owned by politicians as some is so right-slanted and some is so left-slanted, that it's just slanted.  Why would the 1% rich care so much about right/left manipulation?  Do you have any theory on this?  

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Competition is in our nature..It's throughout wild life, even with our siblings at an early age we compete.. Sharing is what gets taught or not..

We have highly developed frontal lobes, and a great capacity to change....the ability to see that excessive competition will cause life to end on the planet. We have a chance to place cooperation to the forefront, and create balance so that we don't destroy life.

Modern theories of evolution are showing that cooperation was as much a factor as competition as all life forms evolved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

We have highly developed frontal lobes, and a great capacity to change....the ability to see that excessive competition will cause life to end on the planet. We have a chance to place cooperation to the forefront, and create balance so that we don't destroy life.

Modern theories of evolution are showing that cooperation was as much a factor as competition as all life forms evolved.

I couldn't edit my post fast enough..you'll have to look up at it again..hehehehe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yes, Ceka, my sister spoke to me about our inherent "pecking order".  I hope we have overcome that somewhat and will continue to do so.  I am not sure we are put into this life to compete.  We are brothers and sisters, but brothers and sisters can be competitive.  I could never compete with my oldest sister who was a straight A student but it was okay.   The time my sister and Mom took to explain things to me since a very unfortunate incident left me with a 7th grade formal education was truly an act of love.  Two truly amazing women in my life - my Mom and my oldest sister.  My two other sisters helped as well to finish my education.  

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I couldn't edit my post fast enough..you'll have to look up at it again..hehehehe

I responded before you edited.  Good to know evolution shows we are capable of cooperation.  

This is what I would like to see in regards to some artifacts - cooperation.  If a full story needs to be told or it's offensive in some way, let's discuss it.  And, by that I mean the people who actually live in the town where something might be considered offensive - discuss it.   If it's felt it's best to remove it to a museum, I think it's a good idea.  

Edited by FairreLilette

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

lol funny example with the TP.   I don't know that everybody gets more selfish in a crisis though - maybe it depends on how severe the crisis is?   Sometimes a crisis causes people to bond together more. In any case, we're going to have to bond together more, cooperate with each other,  to survive climate change I fear.  I have hope, but I also wonder if I should join a commune with lots of food and guns  :(

43 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
44 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
50 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Is what Blacks endure or have endured in the past the same as what you endured as a foreigner in Canada, in every way, aside from jokes?

Depending how far back you go in history, sure.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/social-psychology-racism_n_7688910

12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

lol funny example with the TP.   I don't know that everybody gets more selfish in a crisis though - maybe it depends on how severe the crisis is?   Sometimes a crisis causes people to bond together more. In any case, we're going to have to bond together more, cooperate with each other,  to survive climate change I fear.  I have hope, but I also wonder if I should join a commune with lots of food and guns  :(

We have the whole road of just my family and our houses..We've got plenty of food and plenty of guns and packs of really huge Mastiff and Danes running around the property..That's not counting our in house dogs..

If you happen to be in Tennessee when the next Apocalypse happens..just hit me up on here..We'll open the gate for ya..

hehehehe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:
25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

We have the whole road of just my family and our houses..We've got plenty of food and plenty of guns and packs of really huge Mastiff and Danes running around the property..That's not counting our in house dogs..

If you happen to be in Tennessee when the next Apocalypse happens..just hit me up on here..We'll open the gate for ya..

hehehehe

lol.  You're very sweet. And I promise I don't argue as much in person   :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

That is very subjective. From some of the black speakers I have been listening to, the racism is a great deal less then what I have been reading you talk about. It strikes me that they are much closer to the situation then you might be? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've often wondered...why don't the 1% just change and so save the world from extinction!   I ran across this article that explains the dynamics within the 1% that keeps them trapped and prevents a beneficial change. I didn't know about most of this really, and would like to find other theories related to the issue.  Anyway, scroll down to 'Section Two: For Whose Advantage' to begin pondering the 1% issue:

https://medium.com/@vinay_12336/a-simple-plan-for-repairing-our-society-we-need-new-human-rights-and-this-is-how-we-get-them-cee5d6ededa9

44 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I thought the media was owned by politicians as some is so right-slanted and some is so left-slanted, that it's just slanted.  Why would the 1% rich care so much about right/left manipulation?  Do you have any theory on this?  

Because they don't want a left-wing government to raise their taxes in order to pay for properly-funded public services, pensions, unemployment benefit, and so on, and also to raise minimum wages and introduce environmental controls that would affect their wealth.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

That is very subjective. From some of the black speakers I have been listening to, the racism is a great deal less then what I have been reading you talk about. It strikes me that they are much closer to the situation then you might be? 

Experimental tests which prove we sill have stereotypes floating around in our unconscious minds that cause us to judge Blacks negatively has nothing to do with subjectivity. These are facts, laid out bare for all of us to see. And when we judge Blacks with negative stereotypes they are not able to prosper as well as Whites, hence they have it far worse in society, even today.

Sure you will find Black conservative men that go against all the Blacks who say they are discriminated against, and appear to have no knowledge of all the tests in the Social Sciences that demonstrate we have MUCH work to do to overcome prejudice against POC.  But just because they're Black on the outside sure doesn't mean they're Black on the inside.  Come up with a few Black liberal, progressive men or women to champion your cause and I might give your sources more than a cursory glance.

How many of these effing studies do I have to post!!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/social-psychology-racism_n_7688910

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Because they don't want a left-wing government to raise their taxes in order to pay for properly-funded public services, pensions, unemployment benefit, and so on, and also to raise minimum wages and introduce environmental controls that would affect their wealth.

Are you British or American?  Because your above statement doesn't explain the left-wing media.

It explains the WASP media as heard in the "Ballad of a Thin Man" by Bob Dylan; however, there are both agendas (right and left) in a slanted media of today.  The left can be quite WASP-Y as well.  

It was the Democrats who were behind denying Black people their rights under the GI Bill.  The below is from a documentary from The History Channel.  

When lawmakers began drafting the GI Bill in 1944, some Southern Democrats feared that returning black veterans would use public sympathy for veterans to advocate against Jim Crow laws. To make sure the GI Bill largely benefited white people, the southern Democrats drew on tactics they had previously used to ensure that the New Deal helped as few black people as possible.

During the drafting of the law, the chair of the House Veterans Committee, Mississippi Congressman John Rankin, played hardball and insisted that the program be administered by individual states instead of the federal government. He got his way. Rankin was known for his virulent racism.

https://www.history.com/news/gi-bill-black-wwii-veterans-benefits

6 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

+ ("Experimental tests" and "these are facts"...bit of an oxymoron no?).

No, tests are used to determine how we respond to various people/situations in our environment.

These responses are real facts which reveal our behavior, and demonstrate we are prejudiced/biased.

For example, the test I posted on another thread which proved Whites prefer hiring Whites as opposed to Blacks, even though both applicants for a job were equally qualified. Unconscious attitudes of bias disadvantage people of color and make it difficult for them to get good jobs and an education. 

Edited by Luna Bliss

• Moderators

And we are done. 

Ladies and Gentlemen this is now the 3rd thread started on this issue.  While we appreciate that everyone has very passionate opinions, the golden rule is probably best followed: never discuss politics and religion in mixed company. 

This thread is now locked. 

I would strongly suggest that no additional threads be created on this, or related, topics. 

Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.