Shemale Bounce

Ian Undercroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the last 2 or 3 weeks I find that I'm frequently being told that I appear dwarfed and have sprouted little boobies. On occasions, I'm sent pics to prove this. Should I celebrate and embrace my mixed sexuality by using avatar physics to give my little boobies some bounce?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid my advice is in the opposite to what everyone else has said - I got afflicted with SL-dwarfism too and only by DOWN-grading did I solve the problem. I'd been using the official SL viewer which, when it upgraded to the very latest version, started causing me problems. I used an old version and - voilà - problem solved!

I'm not sure my new look is down either to my own viewer or the viewers of those seeing me. My impression is that it's some sim servers struggling to process and transmit data in much the same way that they struggled to process and transmit display names when they were first introduced and many of us saw "????".

Ian Undercroft wrote:

Over the last 2 or 3 weeks I find that I'm frequently being told that I appear dwarfed and have sprouted little boobies. On occasions, I'm sent pics to prove this. Should I celebrate and embrace my mixed sexuality by using avatar physics to give my little boobies some bounce?

In a word .. YES!

(And make a video for us all to watch you jiggling moobs! :smileywink:)

From what I've observed, this seems to happen when the Ruthed person is using the latest V2, and the observer is not using the latest Phoenix. This may happen with other TPVs, but I haven't tested them. It appears that until the latest Phoenix update, the avatar physics in V2 was the problem, and Phoenix couldn't handle it properly.

One solution, as Carole noted, was the for V2 user to drop back to an earlier version of their viewer. Since the latest Phoenix update (which includes avatar physics), I haven't seen the issue come back, even with I'm with someone using the latest V2.

All i know is that I saw myself fine but others saw me dwarfed (photographic proof was provided several times) - I was using the latest version of V2, whilst I could see no pattern in the viewers used by the others. Changed to old viewer version and nobody ever saw mini-me again. If you're using Phoenix or some other viewer, what I said would be irrelevant but if you've been using V2's latest version you might want to have a bash with the old version.

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote:

From what I've observed, this seems to happen when the Ruthed person is using the latest V2, and the observer is not using the latest Phoenix. This may happen with other TPVs, but I haven't tested them. It appears that until the latest Phoenix update, the avatar physics in V2 was the problem, and Phoenix couldn't handle it properly.

One solution, as Carole noted, was the for V2 user to drop back to an earlier version of their viewer. Since the latest Phoenix update (which includes avatar physics), I haven't seen the issue come back, even with I'm with someone using the latest V2.

There you go, Ian - that might be your problem too. Thanks, Sylvia.

It may, I guess,  be some incompatability between the latest V2 and V1 TPVs, as I'm using Kirstens S21 (so in effect an up to date V2).

However, seeing as I think V1 TPVs are now long past their sell by date, I'll learn to be proud of my boobies so as to make a point (or 2, as the case may be)! 

If you're using Viewer 2.6 then go ahead & see if enabling avatar physics can make your man-boobs bounce.  If you're using the latest Phoenix viewer & you've told your Appearance Editor that you're male, then they unfortunately won't bounce. The guys using avatar physics in the new Phoenix don't get an option for "booby boogy" & some have said trying to get a little belly bounce, ended as a butt-bounce instead.

I hope you haven't planned on making a lot of money with that career? I'm reasonably sure you probably would have to pay people to come see you. Unless it was in some sort of circus freak kind of way. Then perhaps...

The main problem with all this is that those using v.1.23 will never get the necessary update to be able to see people using the latest viewer with physics correctly. I think it's virtually no chance LL is going to spend resources on it. TPV developers - at least some of them - are creating, or have already created, updates for their viewers to fix the error.

- Luc -

> Prove me wrong.

> How does everyone keep missing the fact that the Linden meter is not a standard meter?

> It's 2.5 English feet.

What are you basing this claim on? Logically, this is the claim is that requires proof, not the other way around. Where is your proof?

I could go on about how the complete lack of avatar measurement up until last year (aside from conflicting scripted "height detector" measurements has skewed avatar sizes, how inconsistent scale among builders and landowners has left any given sim a mishmash of differently scaled objects, but I'll go with the simplest, most direct argument.

Up-scaling, as you suggest people should, costs us all more money.

Larger avatars require larger environments.

Larger environments require more prims and more land.

To put that last bit in perspective, to double scale a build requires four times as much land area and about double prims. If you're an efficient builder.

Whilst you make fair points, Penny, there is no escaping the fact that in SL, notwithstanding avatar height, doorways have to be wider and ceilings have to to be considerably higher than in RL to allow for ease of movement and, in particular, movement of the trailing camera. From this it follows that other objects also have to be larger than in RL in order to give the impression of filling the space between floor and roof.

Further, it's impossible now to turn back the clock. Objects have to be created and animations made to accommodate the majority of avatars who are oversized. 

In truth it would perhaps be best if the SL metre was formally "devalued" against its RL counterpart. The way SL has developed over the years means that it's not now credible to argue that a SL metre is the equivalent of a RL metre.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.