Nostalgia Trip - Dig out your Memories - good or bad

Marigold Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This was a little place I explored in 2008, called Drobak Village. 12 years ago and these are still among my favourite pics that I've ever taken in SL. I was surprised to discover today that the region still exists; still pretty, though it looks completely different now and is just a collection of private residences.

drobak_003s.jpg.e8afb1ab40950151d4b7577723e40a26.jpg

drobak_005s.jpg.a17a9b228c2c27f09599d372bef99491.jpg

drobak_004s.jpg.0bc7c3902123b02c9de9011cb547c3d4.jpg

• Like 10

This picture was taken back in 2009, at Cecilia's Beach Resort, with my friend Pepo. It was one of my favourite places in SL, and there was hardly ever people there

I really don't know what we were thinking with those kilometric legs shapes...

k Pepo.png

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, Elena Core said:

This picture was taken back in 2009, at Cecilia's Beach Resort, with my friend Pepo. It was one of my favourite places in SL, and there was hardly ever people there

I really don't know what we were thinking with those kilometric legs shapes...

k Pepo.png

I loved the flexi skirts with the glitch pants. I love this photo. And I know that behind that photo is probably a memory of a great conversation you were having with Pepo. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

When you can't participate in a nostalgia thread because a dead computer ate every single picture from those semi-traumatizing early years of your SL.😭

Oh i felt them same in Jan 2019. ALL my best memory pics and literally my whole past 6 years of sl was in the pics on old PC(((  

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

When you can't participate in a nostalgia thread because a dead computer ate every single picture from those semi-traumatizing early years of your SL.😭

I can't express enough how sad I am that you lost all your early photos from Second Life. Photos mean so much, don't they.  The reason I started this nostalgia thread was because I had gone on a bit of a nostalgia trip in real life. I shared a photo taken in one of those photo booths in 1978 with my home town's Facebook group, and I actually cringed as I did so, because I thought it was such a personal memory to be sharing with a bunch of mostly strangers, but the response I got was phenomenal. People shared their own memories of using that particular photo booth. There were only two in our town in the 1970s - although I think there are only still two now ! (Nowadays, of course, people are taking photos digitally with their mobile phones.)  Memories of being at school, or out shopping with mums or friends or boyfriends/girlfriends all came flooding in, along with some of the photos that had been taken in that little photo booth.  I enjoyed looking at other people's photos and hearing their memories as much as I have always enjoyed looking through my own photos and replaying the memories in my own head.

And although you have lost your photos from your early days, I can see you are probably finding a mixture of emotions being stirred up by seeing how we all used to look, what the graphics were like back in those early days, the outfits, the glitches, and some of the places. I know I am certainly enjoying everyone's nostalgia photos as much as I enjoy the modern day ones. 

Are there no photos in emails anywhere? Sent box, spare email address?  Do any of your friends have some photos they saved of you in those early days? Have an ask around, look at the Flickr accounts of people on your friends list from the early days, you might be surprised at what you'll find.

• Like 3

On 6/9/2020 at 7:48 PM, Kylie Todriya said:

Some oldies pre mesh, circa 2009 ish. SL was a vastly different place back then. Taken at Inspire Space Park. 

35273832_Kharma2009.png.525a33d04893f8d0841f0bb81cc07318.png1958931219_KylieII.png.f22b1f93f3b6a5cfbafd9784622b0ce9.png96251405_KylieIII.png.1bf182adc86cf22056248c9118cb8550.pngKylie.png.b3f73880b06e3168a332cc7ba4c627bc.png

Ohhh I remember Inspire Space Park - on the  mainland too, though, of course, you would never have known it.

Your avatar, and the outfit and hair and expression - and lips - look ahead of their time actually. They're lovely photos - thank you for sharing. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.