Why non standard voices on new Feature Intro Videos???

Cam Mode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

EEP out and a robot voice talks.   BOM  came out and the featured video was a  Kawaii voice (so I was told- I didn't get it any of  that video).

I get, and appreciate,  the Linden teams worked long and hard to produce these features but why "get cute" at the very end and make the Intros hard to understand?

I am a native english speaker, I can only imagine how hard it must be for ESL residents.

Same approach as making fun of the phrase "Premium Plus" verbally  in a chat video. Why try to "be a cool kid" why not make these cool things and intro them so we can understand them?

That would be truly cool.

• Like 7

Torley's "Viewer Managed Marketplace" videos have been some of the best.  "I" at least want clear information that is easy to understand. I AM a native English speaker and was still very frustrated trying to understand the voice. 

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

They've got Torley and Strawberry!  Either one would be better than these voice morphed announcers.  Or, for that matter, the videos of Magellan Linden at Social Island.  Can't stand that guy.

Torley I thought was lost in the Sansar ether.

[EDIT] Strange. His name wasn't showing in search after Wookey bought Sansar. Now it is again.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.