Make Us Laugh!

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

WTF!?

Yeah, I saw that on social media recently. It seems cute that the lab is greedy until you see its back legs are paralyzed!

I think you mean YOU think that's why it''s meant to be cute, but it's not why I think it's cute. Dogs are simply cute in their unbridled enthusiasm for life, the same as children are. I love to see it. And oh what a mess they can be!

dogs hungry.gif

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I want to figure out how to get paid for stupid studies

image.thumb.png.380ec571ceb431959dd5dcdfc501cd44.png

I think the point is that there isn't much recycling happening, just more and more plastic waste.

I saw this at a Starbucks, a plastic holder for reusable straws:

image.png.a66debadf8c85ae650c16e798733c927.png

I prefer the reusable cups that don't even need a straw. You get a discount off your drink too by bringing your own cup.

image.thumb.png.e2685bded3950ca34c40d0d4c7b962d7.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I prefer the reusable cups that don't even need a straw. You get a discount off your drink too by bringing your own cup.

My local coffee shop does even better. Their take-out cups are all recyclable, but if I bring my own 20 ounce coffee mug, I pay the price for 16 ounces and I get a hole punched in the wallet card I use for a free cup when it's filled (once every 12 days, at my rate).  All that, and I get coffee that's roasted in house. So I leave a $1.00 tip.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

My local coffee shop does even better. Their take-out cups are all recyclable, but if I bring my own 20 ounce coffee mug, I pay the price for 16 ounces and I get a hole punched in the wallet card I use for a free cup when it's filled (once every 12 days, at my rate).  All that, and I get coffee that's roasted in house. So I leave a $1.00 tip.

Starbucks baristas in California now make $20/ hour and seem pretty happy. I'm not giving them a $1 tip on top of a $3.65 cup of hot water with a couple herb tea bags in it. I will give them 75 cents though, which is still more than 20%. (We can also get 50 cent refills and free cups of ice.)

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think the point is that there isn't much recycling happening, just more and more plastic waste.

I understood the point, but the headline is still stupid as hell.  Maybe I should figure out how to make money by creating stupid and incredibly obvious headlines.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I understood the point, but the headline is still stupid as hell.  Maybe I should figure out how to make money by creating stupid and incredibly obvious headlines.

It works for The Onion!

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It works for The Onion!

This also works for motivational posters.

image.png.b9b1965c09e25dd8f8c31dc3b6f07fdf.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1