Make Us Laugh!

On 7/30/2022 at 3:50 PM, Persephone Emerald said:
On 7/30/2022 at 3:49 PM, PheebyKatz said:

Just what I expected, semantic juggling in the face of obvious facts! You can't dodge me that easily!

Okay, that felt good, thanks! I really needed it.

^-^ *Hugs*

You're welcome.  🙂 

Oh, you two make me feel so at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm going to have to call upon all of you to help me in taking action on the issue of the deregulation of pickles. If we let just anybody make pickles, we run the risk of damaging the entire infrastructure of the industry, as well as potentially lowering the overall value of pickles in the world market.

It's a move by those seeking to redistribute and appropriate the market for themselves, and as a conservative, at least on issues concerning conserves, such as pickles, I just can't in good conscience (and neither should you if you're a decent person in any way) allow some far-of-center nutjobs to come in and ruin something that generations of my [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] family have held dear and essential in a world full of the [REDACTED] of those who would [REDACTED] us all in [REDACTED].

Stand with me, keep pickles regular, and not all weird, and remember, pickles are just the beginning! If we don't do something about THIS, what will they try to get away with NEXT?!

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There's an old song that may be appropriate. The lyric goes, "I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my motorcycle."

AND IIIIIII DON'T WANNA DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE..........

I just wanna ride on my motorcy...

...cle.

As for pickleing my battles, this is a dill I'm willing to die on.

Let them come at me, I'll be over there, looking at the selfy thread, anyway.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"Not that old", but I was less than 10 when I first heard "Alice's Restaurant"! 

Pffft!  Kids.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Speaking of Pickles..there's a Norwegian (at least, don't know what other countries) Christmas tradition of hanging a "Christmas Pickle" ornament on the tree.

Weihnachtsgurke are traditional in Germany. My ancestors on that side of the family were following tradition when they came here in the 1840s, and we've always had a pickle buried somewhere on the tree.

• Like 2

After my mother's stroke, her lifelong love of dill pickles became an obsession. She wanted pickles on everything, including pizza and ice-cream. Thankfully, she still recognized the absurdity of it all and got a good laugh out of my wondering if she was gonna deliver me a baby sister, fifty years late.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

After my mother's stroke, her lifelong love of dill pickles became an obsession. She wanted pickles on everything, including pizza and ice-cream. Thankfully, she still recognized the absurdity of it all and got a good laugh out of my wondering if she was gonna deliver me a baby sister, fifty years late.

I made my first Root Beer Float in years yesterday, and thought of you (of course).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Weihnachtsgurke are traditional in Germany. My ancestors on that side of the family were following tradition when they came here in the 1840s, and we've always had a pickle buried somewhere on the tree.

My great grandfather was from Germany, and went to school with Kaiser Wilhelm. Mom, though Irish, was the family "tradition collector" and when she learned of the pickle tradition, set out to collect every pickle ornament she could find. By the time she died, the little Xmas tree we'd decorate was done entirely in pickles.

• Like 3

I heard about the Christmas Pickle thing a long time ago.

Way less disgusting than what they tried back in the day in Norway with hiding lutefisk on the tree.

Apparently my family used to hide the vodka AND the pickles, but that was year-round, and just to keep people out of them.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

I'm going to have to call upon all of you to help me in taking action on the issue of the deregulation of pickles. If we let just anybody make pickles, we run the risk of damaging the entire infrastructure of the industry, as well as potentially lowering the overall value of pickles in the world market.

It's a move by those seeking to redistribute and appropriate the market for themselves, and as a conservative, at least on issues concerning conserves, such as pickles, I just can't in good conscience (and neither should you if you're a decent person in any way) allow some far-of-center nutjobs to come in and ruin something that generations of my [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] family have held dear and essential in a world full of the [REDACTED] of those who would [REDACTED] us all in [REDACTED].

Stand with me, keep pickles regular, and not all weird, and remember, pickles are just the beginning! If we don't do something about THIS, what will they try to get away with NEXT?!

What about the home pickle-makers? Do you want to put a strangle-hold on those who through their own initiative and hard work are trying to make a living and follow the American Dream of getting ahead by making better pickles without all this government regulation? Also, if people want to buy pickles from their neighborhood pickle-maker, who are you to interfere in their right to do so? Go buy your Communist pickles if you want, but some people want their pickles to be Free and Proud American pickles!

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What about the home pickle-makers? Do you want to put a strangle-hold on those who through their own initiative and hard work are trying to make a living and follow the American Dream of getting ahead by making better pickles without all this government regulation? Also, if people want to buy pickles from their neighborhood pickle-maker, who are you to interfere in their right to do so? Go buy your communist pickles if you want, but some people want their pickles to be Free and Proud American pickles!

Whatever I choose to pickle in the privacy of my own home is nobody's business, unless it is other people's pets or small children.

Larger children or adults should be fine.

• Haha 1