I think im there :)

VonWulfen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all.

I want to start off by thanking everyone, both on the forum and those I have met on my travels for the help, advice, landmarks and saint like patience.

It has been a whirlwind ride of exploration and discovery the past few days and I have barely scratched the surface.

Today I finally feel , with your help, have put together the Avatar I was dreaming of.

I would like to introduce, his Lordship, Baron Von Wulfen.

Victorian top_001.jpg

• Like 24

2 hours ago, VonWulfen said:

Hello all.

I want to start off by thanking everyone, both on the forum and those I have met on my travels for the help, advice, landmarks and saint like patience.

It has been a whirlwind ride of exploration and discovery the past few days and I have barely scratched the surface.

Today I finally feel , with your help, have put together the Avatar I was dreaming of.

I would like to introduce, his Lordship, Baron Von Wulfen.

Victorian top_001.jpg

Looking really good!

If you want more ideas for style for that kind of look, keep an eye out for pics by @Skell Dagger and @Orwar. But you've probably figured that out already?

Also, you might want to explore Caledon, and New Babbage, if you haven't already discovered them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But you've probably figured that out already?

Well, he's found ContraptioN, better Victorian-Edwardian Steampunk-Dieselpunk (and a touch of Horror & SciFi) apparel does not exist on the grid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Looking really good!

If you want more ideas for style for that kind of look, keep an eye out for pics by @Skell Dagger and @Orwar. But you've probably figured that out already?

Also, you might want to explore Caledon, and New Babbage, if you haven't already discovered them.

Milady, you are too kind (makes a gracious bow).

@Skell Dagger has indeed been very helpful. He has helped me overcome a number of issues concerning getting dressed, the mysterious cases of missing body parts ( Sounds like a Sherlock Holmes case lol), to name but a few :) Plus landmarks to incredible stores, Contraption being my favourite so far.

I don't think I have discovered Caledon or New Babbage yet, I will most certainly visit them today :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@VonWulfen It's been a delight watching your journey of discovery in SL.  Your enthusiasm has been most refreshing, and you've created an avatar with real character.  Congratulations. :) 

I very much appreciate you're kind words Milady. I have been binge watching old Sherlock Holmes programs recently, very inspirational :)

It seems I have one more case to solve, the case of the eyeless man (I only just noticed I have no eyes lol).

They look black in the photo. I actually like the look of it so will try to discover suitably demonic black eyes on my adventures today :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

You've done really well in such a short time. Looks great and I love how you've gone for something a little different. The demonic black eyes is a great idea.

Many thanks sir :) There seem to be quite a few black eyes available. I just need to decide which ones to get now :)

You can do either, actually, but probably the easiest option will be an Omega applier for black nails. Since they are unisex, you can use any on the market, this one for a start.

M-Alt #2 wears a set named "Weaponized Sugar Nail Polish - Black & Charms Deluxe Coll.", for example, shown here on the Signature Geralt body:

CDWOLg2MKd.thumb.jpg.75beb90a82a0a2a508eea4d3e0a64349.jpg

... I haven't actually tried Bakes on Mesh "appliers" yet ...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Is it possible to colour your fingernails black or would I need to purchase black fingernails?

That depends on whether you got a mesh body, and if you did, which one. I've seen black nails appliers for Signature Gianni, Slink and Belleza Jake. You can also tint the nails from the hud (if you have Signature, I don't remember if you can with Jake or Slink).

Also Omega-compatible nails will work on any body, if you have the right appliers.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

That depends on whether you got a mesh body, and if you did, which one. I've seen black nails appliers for Signature Gianni, Slink and Belleza Jake. You can also tint the nails from the hud (if you have Signature, I don't remember if you can with Jake or Slink).

Also Omega-compatible nails will work on any body, if you have the right appliers.

I'm relatively sure @VonWulfenis in a Signature body, due to an outfit he had on the other day that I also purchased for my husband's alt.  Assuming that's the case, he's in luck 🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Yes I have Signature Gianni. What are appliers by the way?

10 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Yes I have Signature Gianni. What are appliers by the way?

Appliers are little scripted gadgets that put textures onto mesh objects, in particular when the mesh objects are not modifyable, which means you can't apply them the old-fashioned way using the edit menu.

To use an applier, you wear (add) it, it appears as a hud on your screen, and you click it. Nail appliers often have several different colours on the one hud, so you click which one you want. 

You won't have much difficulty finding black nail appliers for Gianni.

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, VonWulfen said:

Is it possible to colour your fingernails black or would I need to purchase black fingernails?

I went the lazy route and just went with tinting the nails black in the body HUD. It doesn't look perfect but, well, I wasn't looking to look manicured.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I went the lazy route and just went with tinting the nails black in the body HUD. It doesn't look perfect but, well, I wasn't looking to look manicured.

I shall give this a try. Is it difficult?

3 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

I shall give this a try. Is it difficult?

Nah - open your body HUD, and on the second page of it you'll find the tinting menus. Select nails, pick a colour from the colour picker, and pull the brightness slider to the floor.

• Like 2

Just now, Orwar said:

Nah - open your body HUD, and on the second page of it you'll find the tinting menus. Select nails, pick a colour from the colour picker, and pull the brightness slider to the floor.

Many many thanks. Its the first thing I shall do when I log in tomorrow :)

On 3/3/2020 at 5:14 AM, VonWulfen said:

Welcome to SL . Good Job.Now get your prize( at least, see something funny to pass time till you log back):

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.